Conversation Between Glen-Rhodes and Charlotte Ryberg

9 Visitor Messages

1. I'm having a second go at putting my human rights proposal promoting the Right of Emigration and it would be grateful if you could give the simple proposal a good boost. It allows people to escape from oppressive governments and allows people to go abroad for economic ambitions BUT I've put a section excluding the criminals, terrorists and the whatsorts [sic] so they can't get away from your law. Importantly, it is nothing to do with immigration (entry into the country) but encourages ways to help refugees get to safety as this is related to the subject.

The link is: http://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_...tch=emigration

Cheers Dr. Castro, wishing you the very best of health!
  2. I'm in. I'm working to get a "world benchmark" rating in all my stats.
  3. Ambassador Harper,
    As Chief Ambassador of the Foreign Affairs Agency of Glen-Rhodes, I have established a World Assembly organization to further the ideals of the Glen-Rhodes delegations and undoubtedly many other delegations. It is called the World Assembly Liberal Consortium, and it is an alliance of like-minded delegations who would assist each other and writing and passing liberal resolutions, like the Primary Education Act and the Right of Emigration effort you have worked tirelessly on.

Would you be interested in joining such an organization, and do you know of other like-minded delegations that might be?

With regards,
    B. Castro
  4. Don't worry, you have my full attention now and I did approve it. The queue was at once as long as Madame Tussauds. Solved.
  5. Ambassador Harper,
    Excuse my impatience, but I am wondering if you have received the telegram I dispatched, in regards to lending Funen's delegation's approval of the Primary Education Act.

I know that telegrams sometimes have the tendency to get boggled up by interns.

Regard,
    B. Castro
    Glen-Rhodes
  6. In light of the Veterans/CRA crisis I have been informed that Ms. Lulu Hilde Berlin has an intention to resign as ambassador to Charlotte Ryberg and I am being informed of a replacement that will be announced shortly.
  7. My Emigration draft is in the proposal pages now. I'm sorry I cannot run a telegram campaign because I have computing exam tomorrow and for the next few days: I invite you to do this on my behalf if you please. Thanks for your support and I hope it will work!

The link is: http://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_...tch=emigration
  8. That is what we are currently focusing on, yes. The resolution is written in such a way that allows for more resolutions to be written; for example, a resolution on secondary or post-secondary (high school, college, respectively) could be written. Which was actually the plan, but I'm unsure if I want to get in to that mess right away.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe more resolutions involving primary education can be written. For instance, to include art. I'm basing this off of the fact that the Universal Primary Education Act (its future name) sets "minimum required courses", rather than a standard.
  9. About this Universal Education Act thing: great work so far, but I am not sure if we should focus on the bare minimum requirements?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9