Conversation Between Zwangzug and Kura-Pelland

3 Visitor Messages

1. ...a melody going up to D6? That's not even that wildly atypical of male-sung melodies written in the treble clef an octave up... still, fail. (Put it this way - I wrote a piece for a very high soprano friend of mine, and it didn't go that high. Past tense emphasised, as she changed it and now it does go up to that D...)

Nothing annoys me more than singalong choruses that fall around my break at around Eb4. Male-sung pop has LOTS of these.
  2. Lol! Thanks! I might well consider that.

I'm very pleased to report that my erratic audition was good enough to place me in the top band for the first time. I'm rather less pleased to report that melody in the "American Pie" sheet music I bought last week goes up to the third D above middle C. Admittedly, it's in a slur between phrases rather than the first time a word is pronounced...but still...
  3. Well done on winning NSVision. I was never in it with my, erm, failed MIDI file.

For some reason I can imagine talent shows in Zwangzug presented more like sports shows, with all the annoying character stories replaced by endless analysis of the performances and lots of statistical/graphical analysis (like a frequency bar chart of the notes in the performed songs... 'as you can see here, Zoe's not gone above F5 yet, but tonight her song goes up to G5, so that's one to watch out for...')

...actually that'd be awesome.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3