Conversation Between Glen-Rhodes and Quintessence of Dust

11 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Well, I've written an initial draft of a possible program: http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=591236

B. Castro
  2. Redistributing surplus is one idea, though it has to be handled carefully to prevent wasteful agricultural practices. Off the top of my head, other things might be: investment in irrigation technology (and agronomy more generally); promoting GM crops; maybe trying to develop mass production techniques to create food more efficiently. I don't know a great deal about the World Food Programme but I imagine they have ideas on the subject.
  3. What kind of resolution did you have in mind? Though I've only been thinking about it for a few minutes, I imagine some sort of surplus trading might be a good idea; farming industries earn more money, and poor people eat! Though, one might say that to solve world hunger, you have to solve poverty, which is a much loftier goal...

B. Castro
  4. I think all you really need is

"Hello [make sure to include their actual name, not Dear Delegate somesuch...

This is my WA proposal to blah

[Link to WA proposal]

Your approval would be greatly appreciated and I will be happy to answer any blah blah

Thanks for your time"
  5. OOC: Given that I really have the time, now, I was wondering if you could give me some pointers on what to include a telegram for the campaign. Since the last telegram Wachichi and I used was fairly long, I'm doubting that most people bothered to read it.
  6. Replying OOC is fine.

Well, the way I see it, when dictionary wars happen so late in the debate, it might be time to submit it. I just have to get people on board to help me do a TG campaign.

I haven't read over Urgench's anti-discrimination resolution completely, but I figure that it would probably pass when it comes to vote, no matter what the debate on the forums is. I'll take a deep read and see if cutting out the discrimination article is a good idea.
  7. Sorry to be crap and reply out of character, but I don't really have an IC reason.

.Your latest revision (#20) is basically ok with the Quodites, and the continuing dictionary wars bore me senseless. I haven't had much time online since New Year festivities, then busy with essays, prioritising online time RPing my nation in the football World Cup (sad, I know). I can't really suggest what to cut from the character count: perhaps the bit about disability, in the hopes Urgench's resolution will pass and make it moot.
  8. Ms. Benson,
    I'm saddened by your absence in the debate, lately. You're truly a valuable asset (excuse my non-feminism). Is it for any particular reason?

B. Castro
  9. As long as there's one person out there that is interested in continuing on with the effort, rather than bogging it down and all but halting it, then I certainly can continue on with them. It is frustrating, however, that what I say about ind. vs. edu. isn't considered, and yet they dog on me for not listening to them. Both sides certainly have their faults, but it's simply no way to progress.

I'm inclined to ignore the OOC debate; drop it cold-turkey. I'll rewrite the infamous clause (so far there's two; I know that I'm relatively new here, but I can't seem to find modern resolution that's been so controversial, for lack of better term) to go more the route of saying what must be done, rather than was mustn't.
  10. Well, I've complained before about the propensity of WA members to advocate excessive definitions: 'stapling appendices to proposals' was my phrase, I think. So I certainly sympathise.

I'm not sure if your message indicated that you were giving up, but if so: please don't. The very fact that so much war is being waged over one minute aspect of your proposal should be taken as an indication that most of it is very good. I've already written an education proposal myself and have no particular to flog a dead horse myself.

While I admit I did oppose your proposal at first, once you sorted out the religion nonsense I was mostly happy with it. I still think including any mention of indoctrination is a mistake, but I'll try to come up with a better definition if I can. Maybe try to ignore the OOC debate and concentrate on the basics.

If I totally misinterpreted your message, sorry, but if not: please don't give up. Your proposal has endured too much work and debate to be abandoned.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast