Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warring kd builds

Warring kd builds

I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on the 2 following warring builds:

1. everyone the same size

2. everyone same size but a big bank/calf/cow

What do people think about the calf option what are its main strengths and weakness's, whose played with both?

Our warring kd normally stays reasonably small, atm mid 5 mil nw with razes to avoid downtime.

So discuss...

well.. Ive never used banks but i suppose they can be very useful if played well :p that said you need to war smaller people to make up for the inflated NW/Land the bank uses and that leaves way for KDs you beat in war to whine about it as an excuse for losing <.< *remembering the VoExM vs Beware war*

Post Fiend
    with razes to avoid downtime. <--- urgh

Regular
    Depends what warring tactics you use and how active your kd is. If you're going to say same size, have fun chaining unless you can pull off 20+ hits in a single tick.

Post Fiend
    Using cows, however lame I think that might be, is a good strategic option. Wars really aren't as much about activity nowadays and chaining (and outkilling) as they are about outgrowing your opponents in a lengthy war, and a cow helps that purpose hugely.

I never liked the bank option. Just doesn't fit my KD well.

Veteran
    A cow provides many benefits, but its not wise for most kingdoms to use one. The server can only support so many cows, i'd say 20 max. You also need a good kingdom to support the cow and take advantage of it. Most importantly though, you need to be able to survive in the utopia politics, by that i mean having relations with other strong kingdoms so that you don't get beat up by other cows or cow killers. If you are not strong politically, you cow will eventually get taken down, and it would be a huge blow to kingdom morale. So for most kingdoms, I think you're better off without them.

I think wars are definitely about activity. If i cow can kill a dragon within minutes of it being sent assuming hes online it can definitely turn the tide of the war.

Considering my kd isnt too big the cow would not end up being one of those like beware has lol. Trying to keep the nw difference maybe between 2-3 times the average so when warring equal nw kds we are not at sucha disadvantage and the cow can still attack with double taps. Also drafting solds and making cash for the more heavily hit provs.

Is this a valid strategy? How much bigger must a cow normally be?

Post Fiend
    The best aspects of the cow imo are

1) It takes all of the explore pool up, so enemies can't get it in war.
    2) You can send it any extra resources whenever you want, for safe-keeping until later.

If your province is not going to be able to do that, then i would probably not go ahead with a cow.

Also, if the guy is only 2-3 times bigger, then he could be CQ'd down in war, plus ops would be reasonably successful (its about 10-15% success rate on a 'real' cow) The guy would also have no back up for when bigger kingdoms try to feed off of him oow.

So i'd advise you to go for the other method, with all provinces staying reasonably similar in size.

yoelowen, your larger province would not really function as a cow and would be detrimental for your kingdom's ability in war. If you want to use a cow, you must have a very large one, one which has outgrown pretty much everyone else on the server.

By doing so, the cow can perform quad taps while still sitting on about 15 to 20% draft rate. The low draft rate means massive income and a huge amount of soldiers drafted every hour when needed. If your "cow" is only 2 or 3 times the size of the other provinces, that province will still have to protect itself from attacks (these from other kingdoms), and thus run a regular 60ish% draft. This implies low income and a lower draft ability. A province which has outgrown its kingdom but not the server is overall bad.

Okay, assuming that we DO use a cow, what is the percentage in terms of acreage required to be one if compared to the acreage of a normal province in a warring kingdom, considering that the acre spread (not including the cow) is +/- 100 acres?

Toadi's theoretical explanation of a cow sounds like a cow must be around 500 or 600% bigger than the average province in the kingdom.

Personally, I think that the existence of a cow - a properly-run one - is good for the kingdom. It's an excellent dragon slayer, income supplicant, warehouse, military reserve for the kingdom. The only downside I can see is that if you're not big enough to outgrow the server, people of a similiar size with said cow would target him, which forces him to use a regular draft rate, which negates a lot of the benefits that could be gained from a cow.

The one thing that I want to question is the numerical disadvanatge. In elite warring KDs, 25 active provinces count. 24 attackers against 25 could hurt the chances of conquering. Also, having a cow means that the attackers get 1 less target to hit, allowing for a better concentration of attacks. What do you guys think about that?

i think everyone the same size but small as posible is the best

Veteran
    Small as possible? Sounds like you want to bash ghettos >_>

Well, cow is rly good strategic option, but it is rly hard to make it. If u are not top kd, there is no way you can make it. My kd tried and failed.

Having all provs in range is easier..
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Veteran
    I don't like having all of the provs near the same size. I rather have a nice spread to help make chaining more effective. :)

Thread Information