Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warring kd builds

Yeah, all provinces same size is also bad for warring!

Veteran
    Wow Toadi, you are somehow beyond "New Member" but not quite yet a "Member". Or are you beyond that as well? :hail:

Well, having all provs at same size makes organizing wars easier and more effective for less active kds. Ofc, on top u can do ladder chain, but on mid-to-bottom kds it's pretty impossible so having all provs same sized can help
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Veteran
    mid-to-bottom kds don't use much strategy tho. They would hardly be considered a "warring KD"

That is not so true. They are using it, but not so effectively. xD
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Veteran
    lol I suppose you could argue that anything they do is a "strategy" :p

Well, my kd is mid range (I think) and I am monarch of that kd. I am spending some time making strategies for my kd, like what to do next in war or what to do in war overall. And I post that in forums. And ppl are doing that. I think that IS considered strategy : )
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

So back on topic....really a cow has no place in a warring kd, instead they belong in certin whoring kds. A true warring kd will war people its own size and war non-stop. Having a cow thats one of the biggest on the server means that the extra nw that he creates will mean that in any equal kd nw war the other kd will normally go in/or have a few unbreakables after the first few days....(to everyone but the cow)

Im just not sure that using a dragon -8% ME will make up this deficit.

Coming from the 3rd biggest cow to ever play the game. Cows are best for whoring. They're helpful for warring in certain situations. Having a 40k acre cow, and the rest of your kingdom is 10k, then your nw is not as inflated, and you can find wars easier. If you're a kd that has everyone around 3k acres and your cow is 40k acres, you're not going to find war, unless it's a kd with the same set up.

As far as a calf goes, a calf is most helpfull for warring. It's big enough that they can make a signifigant dent in the dragon war, and can aid, while at the same time not being huge and destroying your kd's nw inflation. The problem with a calf is that you have to first grow with the cows, make NAPS where needed, and wait for cows to outgrow you in gains while staying ahead of the server. If pulled off though it can be extremely helpful for warring, but like I said, cows are best for helping a kd whore.

Post Fiend
    cows are for top kds only. period.

for a mid-range kingdom a good spread is better than all the same size. i dont see any advantage in the same-size strategy. but imo the best strategy: be as active as possible and run as many hybrids as possible. simple as that.

how about a calf?

while i can honestly say that my kingdom doesn't have a cow, we DO have banks, and these are provinces that are around 30% larger than average kd land, but not biggest in kd (due to some larger attackers)

we use these provinces for max income/dragon slaying, with some t/m abilities on the side.

draft stays relatively high (around 55) due to need for 100+ dpa to stay safe from bottomfeeders and good attackers but current income on one of these bank is almost 5x networth value of bank. (i'd rather not give out concrete numbers) mod tpa can also reach 10+ on same draft with some science and TDs.

due to 3 banks and 3 T/Ms my kd has only 19 attackers, but we have 100% WW record against good kds -- you don't need 24 or 25 attackers to win wars (we fought kds with 25 attackers/hybrids)

i'd say banks are very useful and complement our kd's strategy, and having the same relative networth means higher success on ops when performing against target kd.

55% draft with 100DPA and 10+ tpa ... this is all modified numbers yes ?

55% draft 100DPA and 10+ TPA unmod ........... whats your science like ?
    IMPERIALS KLA

Regular
    Cows are very effective against smaller kingdoms where the provinces are at same size.

IF you have a kingdom with 24 provinces at 3k and 1 province at 20k, the best thing you can do is to war someone with 24 provinces at 2.8-3.5k.
    The cow itself will give you constant dragon advantage, so your provinces can topfeed/doubletap easily.

On the other way, cows itself are nw-inefficient. Kingdoms with cows have hardships fighting against similar nw (+skill/activity) kingdoms.

Regular
    A size spread or not depends on the activity of your kd too. And if you can get everyone online at fairly the same time. If you can't manage this, you can't organize ur biggest to hit first, then the 2nd biggest and so on and so forth. If you do have everyone at the same size this means if ur not too active but you can coordinate hits, you can bring an enemy province down to where it can't break any of your own provinces. Having a big size spread means the enemy kd will always have someone in your kd to break.

I pwn as a big guy.. ^^ The hardest point of that idea, is finding a kd that allows u to be a bank.. xD

And as Fate says, having a decent spread of sizes can be pretty good.. :)
    Humble Servent of Queen Syele - OA :eek2:

Come Strong, Come Mighty and NEVER loose trust in urself!!

Thread Information