Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Utopia Politics remain UP

lol, it will be interesting to see what the fate of this UP will be. My guess is that it will be dead for some time until new people start to come to it. If many of the old posters do come here, most won't last long under heavier moderation.

my guess is a lot of people like me - who dont dare post in the old one might start posting here if its moderated a little -
    on the other hand if its too moderated it will shrivel up and die

Post Fiend
    Last edited by McKobb; 04-08-2008 at 14:31. Reason: cuz

This place appears to be as dead as it can be and also waiting for its burial. My Utopia days are finally ending and it isn't simply about change resistance. This board sucks in comparison and will always remain so for hardened UP membership.

you wanted a MOAB instead?:tongue:

that's not going to stop random earthers from comming here:P
    Last edited by Mickster; 13-08-2008 at 18:41. Reason: conserving space

Language & Attitude
    Utopia is designed to be played by people of all ages and backgrounds. Users are expected to treat others with respect and use only appropriate language in any contact with other players. Violators will be removed from any and all games immediately.

RULES ...I'll be watching this.

Game Rules
    In order to make everyone's experience here in Utopia enjoyable, we have set up several basic guidelines which we ask that you follow. Violation of any of these rules can and will result in immediate removal of your Utopia account.

Account Management
    Users are allowed to maintain only their own account; under no circumstances should accounts be shared, traded, or managed by anyone other than the original owner. Consistent creation and deletion of accounts is not allowed under any circumstances.

Contact Information
    The information you provide when signing up is used to protect the Utopia game from fraud. You must provide complete and accurate information to participate in any Swirve Games. Please read our Privacy Policy for your protection.

Game Play
    Under no circumstances are users allowed to use the aid of automated processes to improve their performance in the Utopia game. Use of automated scripts or other software that accesses the Utopia servers for any reason outside of normal gameplay is expressly forbidden.

In addition, demanding other kingdom members to use outside communication tools or other software is not allowed. While we take no stance on the actual use of these tools, no kingdom can make this a requirement.

Spirit of the Rules
    Players attempting to manipulate rules and quirks of the game in ways obviously not intended may be subject to deletion. Because of their nature, these types of circumstances are looked at on a case-by-case basis. Users should avoid actions they believe are against the spirit and intent of the game.

Fair & Honorable Play
    Utopia maintains the highest standards of ethics within the game. Any instance of inappropriate language, manipulation of bugs, or acts of fraud will result in immediate removal from the game. We rely on our users to help us enforce these rules and provide an enjoyable gaming environment for users of all ages and backgrounds.

Language & Attitude
    Utopia is designed to be played by people of all ages and backgrounds. Users are expected to treat others with respect and use only appropriate language in any contact with other players. Violators will be removed from any and all games immediately.

Policy Violation
    Users are not allowed to encourage others to violate any of the above policies. Any player found to be doing so will be immediately removed from the game. If the user has acquired any Swirve Service Level credits, they may be subject to permanently lose them.

OMAC Policies
    OMAC Industries make every effort to monitor the Utopia game and ensure a fair and competitive gaming environment. OMAC Industries reserves the right to remove any user from Utopia without notice and provides no guarantee of service quality. By participating in this service, you agree not to hold OMAC Industries responsible for any incidental damages caused by your participation in Utopia.

Cheater Reports
    We rely on our users to help us weed out game players who feel the need to cheat at our games. If you suspect a fellow player of cheating, please email Swirve Games Support. Please include the particular game you are referring to (ex, Utopia Battlefields) and any relevant account information -- including your Username -- which might be helpful in our investigations.

Is UP going to be destroyed? Has Mr A won? Find out next month!

It seems like most of the old UP crowd doesn't care to move here. If they aren't present in force, it would be unjustified to carry on that culture solely for sake of tradition. In which case the old UP probably will be destroyed, yeah. Although I recall the *old* old UP which had an entirely different tone today, I've been lurking for some ten years or so. Maybe that will be revived?
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Hey, catwalk, the closest to the pre 9/11 UP is probably www.utopia-politics.com, it was the old "utopia in exile", if you check it out you can see most of the quality posters from the old time.

Yeah, I went there. Applied for an account, took over a week and then didn't bother :P But it looked interesting.

I blame Israel for this whole thing

Catwalk:

One of the U-P peeps looking in here saw our conversation, and wanted me to let you know that they dropped the authentication system for registering. It's now fully open, so you can just make an account if you want.

Ah, thanks. But I think I might frequent this board now if they really do toss out the trolls. Maybe the U-Pers will drop by too?

Thread Information