Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: honor combo

Post Fiend

honor combo

I was wondering what people think is the best combo for raping honor.

I would think that DE rogue would be best, but since DE cant turtle they allways become a target during war. so they lose what they get from those free runes and such.

any thoughts about how as an example a dwarf or even orc would be at gaining honor and keeping it?

I dont think its very possible to actually keep honor as an attacker....if you have high honor people will just target you. Normally t/m is the best option for honor and as for rogue/mystic i wouldn't know which ones better.

Next age pending changes i want to try out an a/t combo and see how well i can keep honor.

suiciding elf rogue ^_^
    Utopian 5 Sept 2005 - 5 Sept 2013

Its always hard to keep honor as long as youre attacking. Unless you have a pretty good kd behind you, but then everyone will have good honor.
    TM is better. And for honor-whoring, i think i would choose rouge. Prop is the best op, if you want honor.

elf rogue = win, as does attacking if you choose targets properly

It all depends on the rest of the kingdom to really go far in honour. If you're in a ghetto kingdom, it's going to be tough to gain honour without receiving the brunt of the enemy kingdom's attention.

Best way to get honor: op provinces who have it and who are close to your NW. You'll get way more honor from a Marquis than from, say, a Knight.
    Last edited by Saradiva; 23-07-2008 at 20:42.

And in response to your question: Honor doesn't really benefit orcs anyway so it doesn't matter much. Dwarves get owned by thieves so they can hardly keep their honor. DE/Rogue is definitely the way to go if you want to get lots of honor and keep it. Mystic isn't too bad either but with a few AWs from a good Rogue, their casting ability gets severly reduced.

DE/Rogue T/M with 6/6 wpa/tpa can get loads of honor and keep it.
    ELf/Rogue T/M with 6/6 wpa/tpa can get even more honor but will have a harder time keeping it.

Lone attackers with loads of honor will be pwned.. But I'd think bout Gnome/Rogue A/T as attacker that can obtain much honor
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Post Fiend
    I dont understand why DE/Rogue will make a better honor-raper then a GN/Rogue... propaganda will be your main source for honor anyway. Also it gives you versatility... if anyone around your networth and higher suicides you can do few hits w/o risking much.

If you wanna be an honor-raping kingdom you should all go elf/gnome rogues and a few DE/Mystics.

Think it has to do with the spell-side of the world...

actually its all based on how cleverly you play in NW range and first and foremost activity and a good KD
    "Reality is for those who can't hack Drugs"

and of course being in a kd that can win wars...
    "Reality is for those who can't hack Drugs"

DEs keep honor? fail. DEs are ridiculously easy to take honor from. You can either hit them (and most DEs dont run hospitals so their expensive def dies real fast) to take their honor and drop them out of nw range so they cant get it back, or massacre them and then just op their honor away. Elves have clear sight and reflect magic as well as -50% troop loss, takes more to chain them and even if you massacre them a lot they have spells that make you basically auto-fail on them.

Best race/personality to gain/keep honour is human/rogue as uberthief.

OOP start investing science into housing/thievery/magic, closer to mid of age you should be able to get around +8% housing, +70% thievery, and +50% magic. Throw in some random points to get +40% food, +10% income, and +6% BE and you're set. You don't need military science, you won't be attacking.

Build set-up in war should be:
    7% farms
    25% banks
    25% forts
    13% guilds
    3% towers
    27% TD

OOW:
    8% farms
    25% banks
    25% forts
    39% guilds
    3% towers

Basically the idea is that with 25% forts you'll have around 145% defensive ME, giving you the easy option of 100+ DPA to keep your honour safe.

39% guilds OOW gives you an easy 3+ wpa, accounting for human penalty and science you should have a bit over 3.5.

Run a 60% draft, and throw all your non-dspec military into thieves, and you'll come out with 12+ mod tpa.
    Math:
    +8% pop = 27 ppa
    100DPA on 145% DME = 11.5 dspecs per acre
    60% draft = 16.2 military @ 27 ppa
    Therefore, 4.7 raw tpa.
    Add in science bonus and TD bonus (~30% gives you +60% effectiveness and -80% losses) and you get 12.8 TPA, which will be enough to rip through the best hybrids and many pure TMs.

Your 3+ modWPA will give you decent enough defense against magic, and as long as you don't LLed heavily (which is hard on 3+ WPA) then you won't lose too much honour, while you can just honour whore with Propaganda.

Thread Information