Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how do you deal with btm feeders?

how do you deal with btm feeders?

seriously..
    how do you deal with these !@#* that just wont go away..
    we have had to war one to get away from another.. as we were being gb over 36hrs..
    Also, there was one case where we had a multi random spawn, came oop then made attacks into 'his' kingdom, putting us hostile with them..
    they were 1 mill bigger and declared us...
    gees..
    is alliance the only way?

Not really they wont help you anyhow.

No real way to defend your self from this its part of the game dynamics put into place by swirve.

Only way around it is get bigger .... but that just puts you into another pond with bigger sharks :(

...... I blame networth based gains ...... bring back the skill ...... bring back land based gains !!!!!!
    IMPERIALS KLA

Post Fiend
    "Also, there was one case where we had a multi random spawn, came oop then made attacks into 'his' kingdom, putting us hostile with them..
    they were 1 mill bigger and declared us..."

Urgh

Who was that ?

There is no loc ban on these forums, right ?

I would've killed him off after the first hit he did on a bigger kingdom since my attackers are specifically told only to attack targets close to their NW in kingdoms that we can actually put up a fight against should we go to war. Getting to Hostile takes a few hits and if you saw what was happening, you should've told him to leave or be killed off.

Saradiva, regardless of how active your KD is and how fast you react (unless you xLog or are a top-10 KD -- which hardly get new randoms anyway) you won't be able to kill off a province before he can make 4+ attacks on same kd. Even if your full kd mobilizes to raze him down, a determined multi will have explored/trained def enough to not be quadtapped by every province in your kd, and he could still attack with 1soldier+1general to move the hostile meter.

Post Fiend
    "1soldier+1general"

I'm pretty sure a bounce like that wouldn't move the meter.If it does, it wouldnt be much.

Regular
    WOW
    has utopia declined so much? That this kind of behavior is accepted as inevitable?
    I'm sorry...this is just...insane

Yes an alliance can help, which ones are good/bad, I don't know. But it's time we started policing our own people.

Beh...
    a way you used to be able to take care of this issue was talk to kingdoms that you can find around the culprits networth, explain the situation and see where it goes from there.
    How are your diplomacy skills?
    How many kingdoms have you made friends with Hurlin?

Nevermind....I see this is from over a week ago.
    I'm sorry, this is pathetic. No wonder Utopia has been dieing.

Hurlin only says alliance can't help cause he is in KLA =D

Hurlin they on to us lets run :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Hurlin only says alliance can't help cause he is in KLA =D
    now that was a knee slapper daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahm next time you roll out your bag of funny's put a warning up first or I'm just gonna wet myself and run out of adult diapers.

Cant wait for your circus to roll thru again ......... you put the capital C into clown.
    IMPERIALS KLA

Enthusiast
    Land based gains made half the provinces explorers. You know that Hurlin. Net gains made people actually work to get a good grab in like it should be.
    You being nice to BFD ?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Utopia
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    "Also, there was one case where we had a multi random spawn, came oop then made attacks into 'his' kingdom, putting us hostile with them..
    they were 1 mill bigger and declared us..."

Urgh

Who was that ?

There is no loc ban on these forums, right ?
    the same rules will apply here that applied on the Swirve Forums ...
    Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh

Hurlin is always nice = when he wants to be at least :p

I have so many good comments to make in reply to pillz but i wont -at least not til he pops into my kd channel again ;)

now to answer the question....

one way to keep the bottomfeeders out is to keep the doors locked :eek: seriously if you are in the lower range of the feeding chain then yeah you could go find an alliance that will help if you get a KD that wont go away - there are some out there - but check out what kinds of kds are in that alliance already make sure they are around the same size as you and have the same goals you have. The right alliance tag at that size can scare people away = and a little diplomatic message from an alliance also works when you are at the lower half of the chain.

Fortunately, most alliances dont interfere on a 1 on 1 situation so you will need to shop around if thats what you really want - sometimes the tag is enough to keep some people away.

Or you could just work on keeping your nwpa up and your kd pumped - get rid of inactive players and keep on working on growing stronger. Make sure to have enough defense (or offense) to make hitting your kd not worth it. Retal all hits and teach your kd mates not to hit into a kd bigger than yours.

hope that helps a little - even though its already a new age

Hit back. bottomfeeding is pretty much inevitable, especially near end of age when provinces in much larger kingdoms are looking for safe grabs.

More often than not, kingdom networth related gains will work in your favour, so while they are making say, 400a grabs on you, one grab from you could earn you 700a+. If you get a few hits from them, yay you got GBP, stick in some barracks and GS and hit them again :). Then of course, not much you can do if they organize a raze wave on you >.> But hey, you had some fun?
    Utopian 5 Sept 2005 - 5 Sept 2013

I find bottom eaters a disgusting practice
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Thread Information