Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how do you deal with btm feeders?

oh wait you said bottomfeeders

nevermind
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

You need to make sure you can defend yourself, fighting back against bottomfeeders is easier than it sounds. The biggest mistake you can make is having big explorers and T/Ms on top of the kingdom, that's free acres. Also make sure you have enough offense to deter them from attacking, low offense means they can hit you safely.

As for multis, that's an entirely different matter and calling in outside assistance would be warranted if the proof is conclusive enough. You're not allowed to post locations on these forums, but you can send them in PM.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Post Fiend
    What Catwalk said.

Get big offense - they're gonna break you no matter your defense - and hit back, for greater gains. They'll leave you alone.

Or raze you to the ground, with the help of their alliance. Ah, sometimes you just can't win.

"Hurlin only says alliance can't help cause he is in KLA =D" -Pillz

lol Hurlin, you *really* asked for that one ;)

<3 Pillz
    <3 BFD

ps, oh and yeah, Hurlin has a point, wouldn't it be very interesteing if they shaked things up and brought back Land based gains?

Post Fiend
    Here is what we do, as an independent kd:

1. I send a diplo to the Monarch of the bullying kd, telling him/her we will cripple one or two of their provinces, if they continue. I also try to convince him/her that will make them lose time and energy.
    2. We hold our own armies at home, and don't retal (keep us peaceful to them, and them from Opping us);
    3. Once they brought theirselves unfriendly or hostile to us, we
    - Cast Greed and MS on their Humans, Orcs, Dwarfs and Gnomes;
    - We run Focussed FB/Tornado on the attacker or A/T hybrid with least WPA;
    - We run focussed NS, or AW on the attackker or A/M hybrid with least TPA.

The experience is that often, they stop their attacks, because they are losing time and energy indeed ;)
    Last edited by Mirage; 27-08-2008 at 01:10.
    This is a game, not a job...

Banned
    That is not true you just have to manage the networth of your province. Last age I was in the top 100 for land and net. The next biggest province in my kingdom was just over 1k acres. I got attack by one of the biggest guys in the game. He took 300 acres and when I attack him I took over 900 acres. My networth was low, however, my province still had high dpa and in order for him to attack me he had to send everything he had and that made it easy for me to attack him. You have to know what you're doing. Make it so if somone attacks you can put some hurt on them.

Mirage, keeping armies at home simply means they get to farm you out. If you have good thieves and mages, why not sabotage the enemy while hitting as well? If I'm faced with the reaction you're suggesting, I'll simply order my kingdom to go all out on the kingdom in question until I'm satisfied with the outcome. If no counter attacks are made and we still get sabotage, I'll consider the enemy kingdom both foolish and weak, making me even less inclined to CF. Sabotage AND attacks can succesfully deter me from trying to bully a kingdom that has provoked us, though. If they do it well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Here is what we do, as an independent kd:

1. I send a diplo to the Monarch of the bullying kd, telling him/her we will cripple one or two of their provinces, if they continue. I also try to convince him/her that will make them lose time and energy.
    2. We hold our own armies at home, and don't retal (keep us peaceful to them, and them from Opping us);
    3. Once they brought theirselves unfriendly or hostile to us, we
    - Cast Greed and MS on their Humans, Orcs, Dwarfs and Gnomes;
    - We run Focussed FB/Tornado on the attacker or A/T hybrid with least WPA;
    - We run focussed NS, or AW on the attackker or A/M hybrid with least TPA.

The experience is that often, they stop their attacks, because they are losing time and energy indeed ;)
    i would keep attacking until i forced a cf from you. farming acres is ftw.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

For that matter, I've often been on the receiving end of a farming attempt. Sure, having a credible threat of being able to cripple the enemy long-term in hostile helps a lot and we'll do that when we can. Of course we'll combine that with attacks.

Banned
    Yeah I know what you mean. I have had team mates that have been the target of farmers.

Post Fiend
    LoC fed off us last age, we couldn't retal cause anyone who did got attacked another 10 times so we all had to take it. therefore Mirages idea wouldn't work.

Post Fiend
    Engage in war.
    If you are significantly smaller, war them!.
    There gains will be crappy, they can't raze-kill you. Eventually when you won't withdraw they'll withdraw themselves. Otherwise they lose honor and time exploring and attacking other people.
    You have to be prepared to give up the next 2 weeks in rebuilding ;) xD

Postaholic
    to deal with bottomfeeders, u stack urself with GS and hosp and suicide back. if u r good and active enough, guarentee their whole kingdom will have a really difficult time dealing with u

Post Fiend
    Bottom feeding should not be possibel at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 010101
    Bottom feeding should not be possibel at all.
    why not? because you cant deal with it? bottom feeding already has drawbaks to it, less gains, more losses and longer attack times. you would like to force everyone to topfeed? then we'll see ppl complaining about not being able to retal small suiciders

learn to play correctly please.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information