Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: how do you deal with btm feeders?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    why not? because you cant deal with it? bottom feeding already has drawbaks to it, less gains, more losses and longer attack times. you would like to force everyone to topfeed? then we'll see ppl complaining about not being able to retal small suiciders

learn to play correctly please.
    Since the bottom cannot hope to defend against it. I don't sa you need to top feed. just fight on equall terms.

Quote Originally Posted by 010101 View Post
    Since the bottom cannot hope to defend against it. I don't sa you need to top feed. just fight on equall terms.
    equal means exact same networth as you then. gl doing that. the alternative is a range that you can hit in, outside of which your gains drop off. this is what we have now. we also have gains protection from a large kingdom hitting into a smaller one - up to 33% less gains for them. you need to brush up on your gains caps and nw protection.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    yes they gain less but also have nothing to fear. Their defence is so high you cannot break it unless you suicide.

ambush them
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

seriously though - you seem to be getting bottomfed constantly - you are either running a weak province or are outgrowing your kingdom, and so are a target. i get maybe get 1-3 bottomfeeds on me an age - at least hits i would consider bottomfeeds from way bigger provs that i cant break in return. if a prov x2 your networth hits you for like 2% gain stop complaining, go hit someone your networth and gain 15%. its not that hard to do.

Post Fiend
    So I should not grow beyond 800acre? That is the average size of most KD's I have been in. As soon as you grow beyond 1k they start to bottom feed. And how can I hit someone my own size if half my province got destroyed? After a hit like that you have to rebuild because your building will be a mess.

Post Fiend
    my current KD

Total Provinces: 22
    Total Networth: 2,733,071gc (avg: 124,230gc)
    Total Land: 17,377 acres (avg: 789 acres)

Postaholic
    ur province is not gonna be a mess if u got bottomfed. u will loose very few troops and very few acres while the other guy suffer a lot of loss and long attack time

of course im talking about an ACTUAL bottomfeed, like hitting someone half ur size

if the person who hit u is actually not half ur size, maybe 120~140%, then there is no reason why u cant hit him back (given that he hit u with full elites home. if he hit u with elites out then u should be lucky that its not by someone same size as u)

and i havent heard of anyone bottomfeeding 800 acres. did u piss someone off?

Post Fiend
    LOL you cannot break the defense of someone 140% bigger then you.

I get attacked all the time by provinces 130-180% my size.

Why is it worse to get hit on by someone your own size?

LOL you cannot break the defense of someone 140% bigger then you.
    That's wrong. You might not be able to do so, that does not mean it is impossible. Orcs can run 100+ OPA easily for example.

If you are not able to hit someone 130% your NW, then your province is weak, and it is thus normal that people want to take your easy land. I doubt you are hit by provinces 180% your NW because these would gain close to 0 acres.

Post Fiend
    July 14th Forces from PhilosophyKillsChavs (X:X) came through and ravaged our lands! They captured 19 acres!

We lost nothing in the struggle.
    July 14th Forces from PhilosophyKillsChavs (X:X) came through and ravaged our lands! They stole 7155 books of knowledge in the Arts & Sciences! They took books, pictures, and more!

July 14th Forces from PhilosophyKillsChavs (X:X) came through and ravaged our lands! They stole 6889 books of knowledge in the Arts & Sciences! They took books, pictures, and more!

We lost nothing in the struggle. Maybe you can do that as Orc but I am a dark elf. I had 8000 night rangers. and 9000 drow. 20% forts Still they attacked me for 100+ acres per run. and I had to sen all of my night rangers and about half of my drow and even then I was not sure if I would break their defense.

July 13th Forces from I love horses (X:X) came through and ravaged our lands! They captured 29 acres!

July 13th Forces from I love horses (X:X) came through and ravaged our lands! They captured 26 acres!

July 13th Forces from I love horses (X:X) came through and ravaged our lands! They captured 26 acres!

July 13th Forces from I love horses (X:X) came through and ravaged our lands! They captured 24 acres!

I am 326 acre I love horses is 1000acre.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 04-09-2008 at 20:07. Reason: Locations

Plz dont post locations.
    And the amount of forts doesnt decrease the amount of land they take. Is its a real btw-feed (like in this case seem to be), your def wont matter that much.

And it seems like you've pissed someone off pretty good there. Either that or youre in war and are being targetted.
    One simply doesnt btw-feed like that. Theres few things to gain. As people already has stated, they suffer from much greater losses and higher atk-times.

Post Fiend
    War is a nice name for strong KD's killing weaker ones. They justify it by naming it a war. But often weak KD's are forced into war.

War us or we will raze you, and if we war you we will raze you as well.

Banned
    In war if two kingdoms of same net worth fight. The one that will win will be the kingdom with a greater off. Unless the kingdom with a smaller attack power has stronger t/ms. However even that may not be enough. If a kingdom wants to be a strong warring kingdom they need strong attack power with strong t/m power. No way around it.

Post Fiend
    That is why I prefer not to war. But in a war it is almost never between 2 equal kingdoms. in 90% of the wars the outcome is known before the first attack

Thread Information