Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread Ideas

Utopia & Earth Moderator
    Yeah... Too many different plots, and the fact that everyone wrote a whole-sized novel in each post made it a wee bit hard to comprehend all that was happening... :D

Post Fiend
    I agree, the Fast and Furious thread was really fun ^^

Or, there's always... dun dun dun TRANSFORMERS

Dude that is sexay!

Veteran
    or we can stop talking and DO

I've always been fond of Utopia's simple forum structure. It had it's drawbacks; no editing feature, font issues when using copy/paste, inability to quote, and the resolution often made things annoying to read.
    However it is (was?) crisp, clean, and lacked user customization (a plus in my book). There were no avatars, signatures, ads or "ranks" (veritably). I've turned off what I can via user options, but I'm forecasting copious amounts of nostalgia in the future.

Post Fiend
    lol
    Yeah, it is a nice and simple design. My main issue is not being able to edit your post, cause that sucks. I hate finding errors after the fact D:

Yep nothing puts a damper on your feel good about yourself post, then to have spelling or posting errors that will be permanent throughout the life of the thread...

Veteran
    only problem is, we used to be able to go back to our post and say "Yeah, but look at what I said, you just didn't read it!"

Not anymore... :\ Edit feature.

but yeah, we can do cool things. Can we delete our own posts? I don't remember. I know on some forums you have that feature. could be useful if you need to redo a post. Then again, the edit feature. You can delete the whole thing and rewrite or totally withdrawl just by putting

---removed---
    Last edited by Jolly Rensha; 09-08-2008 at 15:48. Reason: Yes, indeed you can delete your post by hitting 'edit/delete'

interesting to now Rensha that posts can be deleted not just edited, I'm wondering if the creator of a thread can delete any post in his thread or would that have to be the work of a mod. You know how occasionally some jerk will come in and spam relentless BS.

Post Fiend
    I'd like to see another nice vampire thread. I have the idea for one, based off the Karin series which I just finished (just the anime, no plans on the manga). It's sad it's only 24 episodes ;_;

Anyways, yarly lets post

Veteran
    no, creators cannot. Only moderators and the owner of the post can do anything.

Post Fiend
    Could we also get something sci-fi like? I got the idea for a Yuki Nagato (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime) type character. Granted, she's very powerful, but I'd be more low-key, and low level.

Regular
    If I can get into contact with Jeremy and get his email, maybe we can get a Jumper thread started. People who possess the ability to instantly teleport themselves from one place to another in a matter of seconds.

Veteran
    I'm not too interested in anything beyond "A New Beginning" right now, because I don't have a whole hell of a lot of time anymore... not like i used to. I'm actually getting burned out and this is almost my only outlet for relaxation. This and Xenogears. Of course, my wife's time as well, but with work it seems a little. lacking. so i've taken it from here and videogames to spend time with her, to my great reward. :)

anyway, enough about that.

----------

A New Beginning... It's going well for a start. PLEASE join up. All I ask is effort, and to make the first steps to integrating your character before I make my steps to join you in the story. I feel that by the time we've both 'met' our characters will already be linked by an interesting interwoven story likening FaF (both of them) in its own legendary way.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by GourmetItalia View Post
    If I can get into contact with Jeremy and get his email, maybe we can get a Jumper thread started. People who possess the ability to instantly teleport themselves from one place to another in a matter of seconds.
    Yeah, but that doesn't have the room for my characters D: Unless you wanna tweek the background story, just for me XD

Also, Ren, I'd join but I think I'd end up dropping out of it. Nothing against you, but it doesn't really catch enough of my interest. Don't get me wrong, it's a good thread/story and everything, just not completely what I'm looking for. With my luck, something else would pop up and I'd get absorbed into that thread instead, and I would hate to do that to you :/

edit:
    Also, I have been toying with the idea of (and by toying with, I mean just now thought of) an high school based rp, with a slight twist. I know it's been done before (kinda), but some (few) of the occupants would have 'special' powers of a very wide variety. It would be sorta like the anime 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya', only not based off of it. More free form, no real guidelines. It would be like it solely because of having characters like Yuki, Koizumi, Mikuru (though she didn't really have powers) and Haruhi. If you haven't seen the anime, it's only 14 episodes, I'd advise you to watch it. It's really good. Or, for the gist of it, look here ^^

Any thoughts/comment/questions? I think it would really work, as there's no real commitment, other than to the individual stories you all make
    Last edited by LordKain; 25-08-2008 at 23:29.

Thread Information