Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread Ideas

I have several Ideas, I dont know if any one will be interested in them. They all seemed to go by untouched before the new change in the boards.

Ideas:

Anita Blake - Set apart from the actual characters fromt he books. It would be our own character set in the Anita Universe.

Dark Angel- I want to finish off where the Tv series left off basicly.

My own Paranormal type- Save the world type

My own Final Fantasy type- Again save the world type

Regular
    Furious fits several of the aspects that you described above. It will be much influenced by the latter two. Paranormal, Final Fantasy-esque save the world amidst conspiracy theories and dastardly governments.

It is (I am) also looking for players.

Veteran
    i'll join when i get back ark. Just a quick stop in. Though It will be a few days after... I gotta make my time away up with the wife and spend some days on the town and at home. I feel bad leaving her for so long. I'm tired of waking up alone... sucks.

Regular
    Will be glad to have you then, Rensha. As usual.

I might take a look at Furious at the end of the week after my production is over, for now I'm content to read it.

I usually flop when I try to make threads myself, even though I have great ideas.

Rather, it'd be nice to see someone else run with one of my ideas rather than me leading it. I always enjoyed something more when I didn't have to lead, personally.

(First Story)

Sane Asylum - [Present Day, preferably, but could also work in a different time.]

Few people learn of how to control of psychic abilities. One Warden of an metal hospital titled Sane Asylum initially was starting to deal with God-complexes and anger issues. He discovers quite easily how to control his own psychic abilities early. With ease, he amasses a great deal of wisdom and experience in a short amount of time and harnesses his abilities to a great extent. However, he is also aware of other people's ability to discover their power as well, so he searches out for people to collect at his mental hospital to kill them before they become a threat.

The story would consist of us as characters who were all recently brought in. The catch is, we have been secretly massing together in a group called SPLICE for those who have became 'aware' of their power. The Warden did not know such a group existed because of the member's abilities to mask his mind from such attempts. He is only capable of detecting whether or not a person has the knowledge of their power.

It'd be our job to cut through all the monsters, creatures, and anything else the Warden threw at us in the Asylum to try and figure out a way to kill him, even though his power surpasses ours greatly to an extent. Perhaps in numbers such a person would become vulnerable.

(Second Story)

The Lost - [Medieval times probably. May be offensive to fundamentalists. (side note: if anyone was curious, I'm actually an Atheist/Agnostic]

Whether we'd like it or not, we're all dead. Not just us, but everyone else who's ever existed as a human, orc, elf, or any other creature with moderate intelligence. In fact, the only things left surviving in the living world are plants and bacteria.

Instead, we're all stuck in Hell [or whatever you want to call it. Using Hell for recognition purposes] Lovely, isn't it?

But, what were taught about religion wasn't correct. We misinterpreted it. God, the Devil and everything else does truly exist, but whether you were good or bad didn't matter when you were living.

When the world was wiped out by war, famine, and global natural disasters, everyone found out that all people, no matter what, went to Hell.

However, instead of burning or being tortured for an eternity initially, they had three choices:

1. Fight through Hell's trials, minions, and anything else they needed in order to discover the nature of themselves. Once they fully prove the nature of themselves through mind, body, and soul that they are sided with good, they are delivered to Heaven as an angel to protect against Hell's assaults. [Side note: The Devil CAN NOT affect this through any other means than the trials set by himself and God. The third choice applies only for the actions he is allowed to do.]

2. Same as the first, but if you're ruled as evil, you join the Devil's horde against the ever lasting battle to destroy Heaven.

3. Become apathetic towards it all and simply accept Hell's brutal eternity. However, due to the Devil's sadistic whim, the Devil instills motivation into anyone who doesn't comply to the after-life's trials. Basically, he forces you to, even if you don't want to. Example, if you don't want to fight, he'll force you to wield the closest object and fight brutally until you defeat whatever you're facing. If you're in Hell, it seems like you might as well fight on your own accord, less the Devil makes you anyway for his pleasure.

Whatever items you had in life are not longer yours. The only things you have are your abilities, memories, and few items provided by the Devil. Such items, I'm guessing, would have to start off as simple weapons and clothing, possibly light armor, and then progressing further with upgrades as each trial is beaten.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So both ideas require quite a bit of imagination to run the plots, I would think, which is good because it leaves the stories open to whomever wants to run with the idea.

If there isn't I haven't covered or you're confused about (if you're interested at all) don't hesitate to ask me.
    Last edited by BloodBlade; 19-09-2008 at 09:19.

There used to be a thread in the old boards called "The Unholy War", about the forces of Heaven and Hell waging a clandestine war on earth, (largely) unbeknownst to mankind. I'd love to do a reboot of it, but the incredible level of writing in the old thread makes this an intimidating prospect for myself alone. Does anyone remember the old thread, and would anyone be up for co-GMing?

edit: The thread went for about 50 chapters before disappearing; I'm trying to contact the original GM (General Havoc) to see if he plans to bring it back any time soon. Would be a lot better than me trying to replicate his efforts.
    Last edited by Aewyn; 21-09-2008 at 01:55.

I'd be willing to join it, possibly co-GM.

Veteran
    I'd be up for that 'The Lost' thing ;) If I have time to do it.

Me as well. :D

I wont mind trying Lost and the remake of The Unholy War.

Regular
    The Unholy War is something I could see myself in...

Well well, it seems there are more than a few people on the edge of their seats for Diablo 3, eh? :P The only thing I would suggest with the Lost idea, is that instead of being in Hell from the start, we're all in some kind of limbo; a place in between one or the other. And for those that choose to give up or not try to face the trials, you can have a time limit for being in limbo and those who exceed the limit are defaulted to Hell. I just think that would seem a little less... I don't know, tipped in the devil's favor?

In any case, I'd probably be interested in it as long as we keep some kind of limits in place as to the players' abilities.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Post Fiend
    Anyone up for a space sci-fi thread? I have three ideas:
    1) My long awaited Star Wars RPG campaign turned thread
    2) The Honor Harrington (David Weber) series to be played out in thread form
    3) My orig idea based off David Weber's books, incorporating several elements into one

The last option would take a bit. I've got stuff to plan and all that. Option 3 and 1 are the most thought out, though, 2 is obviously just easier lol
    For 3 I have a bunch of stuff to prepare. I was planning a website to document the important stuff for the people not familiar with David Weber. I haven't worked on it cause I did not know interest, but I will if there's people that want to play it. It would be like a condensed wiki. Mostly base techs and stuff, the new stuff would be described through the story by me.

2 or 3 can be taken in a few directions, however one would be a bit more complicated that the others.
    1) Each player portays their character, with all of them aboard the same ship, classic Star Trek thread style. The issue with this is that in this universe (and more realistically I think) people are shuffled around due to reassignment and such. I can't put my finger on an exact pattern to it, but perhaps it's just cause of the people the series touches on. Besides, the main people wouldn't be all huddled together forever
    2) Each player plays their character but in different locations. They can all (or some/groups, whatever) even start on the same ship. Mostly like option 1, except that it spreads people out from t he get-go
    3) Each player does not keep a single character throughout the thread. THis is a bit more amorphous than most, but would be interesting. Each person could do one of two things:
    a - have several characters who are advanced/reassigned/etc in general terms. Basically 'k, so this chara is off doing this, so instead for this fleet engagement this other chara was placed on this ship'. Not as clean as it would actually be described, but you get the point
    b - the PCs simply assume any character they want that would fit into the combat situation, or a ny situation
    In the case of 'a', the PCs would have several characters to 'keep track of' (I would do the same with this), but they can expand into many aspects of the universe. This thread may have strong naval overtones, but PCs are welcome to bring any aspect fo 'normal life' into it as they wish.

Personally, I think option 3 would be kick ass and work well. I also would not require you to post each time about each person. Really, you can post once for one character for all I care, though that would be silly lol

Well, I think that's enough for now. I really REALLY wanna get something going. And I've wanted to GM for so darn long lol

A Star Wars thread might be interesting. I'm not familiar with David Weber, but from the way you described the thread, I don't think it would be very "player-interaction friendly." If we have to move around all over the place no one would ever get to know each other, or if we have tons of different characters, character development would be somewhat shabby, I think. I'd much prefer a solid crew that doesn't change. Star Trek and Firefly are great examples of why such an idea works (though Firefly was rammed waaaay to early, I think. They could have easily had 5 or 6 seasons before Malcolm Reynolds got too cliché).

Anyway, you have my interest for Star Wars. I don't mind being pre-Empire or post-New Republic. Or mabey something further away like the KotR games or something thousands of years past Return of the Jedi
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Thread Information