Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread Ideas

Post Fiend
    It would take a bit of extra working, but keeping the crew together is doable, I think.

As for the Star Wars idea, it's set eight years after RotJ, with a twist. Essentially Luke turned to the Dark Side, assisted in killing Sidious, and rules the Empire alongside Vader. That's the simplest gist of it lol

And thanks for the interest ^^

Regular
    If a Star Wars thread goes up, is it possible to create a character that is an apprentice of Jedi Master Quinlan Vos?

Post Fiend
    O.o
    How would you pull that off if the thread takes place 30-50 years after the Clone Wars?
    Just sayin

Post Fiend
    I have never been involved in any of these threads, but I always read all of your stories. That being said, I would try my hand at a Star Wars story - and if I am not good, we could just kill off my character in a quick battle :)

Regular
    See ... even in a thread that takes place 30-50 years after the Clone Wars, it is entirely possible that Master Vos still lives and still kicking some butt. He helped Han Solo when Solo was just a teenager and even helped save Solo's life. That being said, it can still work out interestingly ;)

Post Fiend
    Quinlan Vos was 4 years old 55 years before the First Battle of Yavin. That makes his 59 at that point. The events in RotJ are four years later, making him approx 63. EIGHT yeas after that this story takes place, and he'd be 71. That's a tad old for a near-human to be kicking butt still lol

I did forget the fact that he survived (possibly) through the Dark Times (I thought I read he died O.o). SO yeah, it's possible to play his Padawan. However, the original idea was for a bunch of mostly new Jedi to take the stage. I can work things around that, though.

Any other takers for my ideas? (hint, option 3 or if not, 1)

edit:
    Well damnit I'm so darn tempted to parallel the Honor Harrington series it isn't funny -.-
    Not that it would be terrible, just unoriginal. I do want to put my own spin on it, but playing the same core of people (I'm envisioning a test group that stays together, moving from ship to ship as needed, kinda an interesting idea for any navy) would add to that. Course, this may be because I want to RP as Harrington so bad >.> lol
    I dunno, trying to generate ideas. Anyone else with input?
    Last edited by LordKain; 15-10-2008 at 04:02.

Regular
    I'd be in for a Star Wars thread Kain... rise of Kain and Darlok? ;)

Seems the Star Wars thread idea is pretty popular, DK :P

I've actually been brainstorming a thread based off Star Wars that followes and alternate history. It would take place during the middle of the Clone Wars. I wrote a short introduction some months ago in one of my random writing sprees. You can preview it Here, and tell me what you think.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Post Fiend
    lol yeah, seems so. people be afraid of something new XD
    j/k and very nice, Shari

Darlok: Hmmm I don't think would work, on LK's part :/ A Chiss Jedi is way to uncommon in this timeline, and I'm trying to stay mostly canon lol Well, to a point

edit:
    Four does sound like a good starting number as well. Tell ya what, I can do my best to have a starting post written up my Monday at the latest and we can see what goes down. I'd like to be hopeful to get one done before the weekend, but who knows?
    Last edited by LordKain; 16-10-2008 at 14:20.

Anyone interested in doing a Final Fantasy I thread? Basic idea is to take the original format of the game, divide it into scenes, and then use those scenes as goals for the game, while allowing us writers to insert our own characterizations, as well as attempting to dislodge the story in small ways while keeping to the main plotline.

Each player would assume the role of one of the characters from the story, including the four main characters, Garland, Sarah, the pirates, the four elementals, what-not. Aside from the four main characters, no one really knows what happens to those other characters during the course of the story, so they could be doing anything! Anyways, if there's interest I would be keen to start it soon.

Final Fantasy is a difficult universe to adapt into a single story. Each game is different (excluding FFX and FFX-2) in its characters, geography, even its names for cities and NPCs. Also, typical roleplaying threads are non-linear. It is very difficult to follow a pre-existing story to a key while maintining a fun and interesting series of events. Often, the better Final Fantasy threads are ones that take the universe of a single game (ie. FFIX) and the players create completely new characters to follow a unique story from that played on the console. The universe gives everyone a starting point, set governments, laws, jobs, and technology level. The players take care of the storytelling, while the GM directes the plot.

I'd participate in any thread based off a FF universe, but I've played the games, so RPing the same story wouldn't be very interesting, even if we did do little side quests.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Regular
    Final Fantasy fans, have mercy! I have not played any of the Final Fantasies on the consoles except for Final Fantasy VII and the Final Fantasy XII - Revenant Wings on the DS (which I completed). I'd be down for a Final Fantasy thread, though, with a completely new storyline and new characters. It gets fun to a certain point of following the console game plots, but with a completely new storyline, it could definitely work out.

Also, is anyone interested in a time travel thread? Kind of like the Ring of Fire series by Eric Flint where a small United States town in the south gets teleported back in time to 1632 in the middle of Germany. Or possibly a group of people in the past are teleported to the future. Anyone interested?

Both the Starwars idea and the final fantasy one have my interest, i'd check them out for sure. ;P

Lord Kain: I'll probably be up for the Star Wars thread. Got a character concept idly kicking round in the back of my head that I'd love to use.

Shari Tana: Two Star Wars threads running concurrently may be overkill but my god, what an intro. If you ever start it up, I'm in. I don't care if I'm frozen in ice in Antarctica, I will find a way.

As for the subject of Final Fantasy, I agree with Shari that a better story focus would be to pick one of the games' universe and to build an original story from there. It isn't like there isn't room for expansion past the end of each games storyline, I mean hell - look at Final Fantasy VII.

Personally I adore FFVI and having players having to defend the civilization that's struggling to rebuild itself in the World of Ruin after the defeat of Kefka would be nifty.

Veteran
    I agree Vagrant. FF6 was one of my favorite games of all time. Just ridiculous fun... Story was pretty stinking cool too. :) I'd have to refresh myself with it, cause it's been years. but yeah. I like 6. :)

Thread Information