Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread Ideas

I personally hate the FF spin-offs that have been done (like beating a dead horse to me), but that doesn't mean a good one can't be done. It would just need to be as original and fresh as the first story. Which FF do you think is the strongest to redo? I've been thinking it might be cool to do a Villain Quest (fighting the heroes, where I might DM the heroes or good forces of the world, or trying to destroy the world instead of save it), or a Descendant Quest, where players have the option of playing children of the original heroes, or just in that time period.

Post Fiend
    Sorry to everyone. I didn't get any time to write up an intro post this weekend :/
    I'm gonna try to work on it today while at work, though. I hope to have something done before I leave lol

I like the finial Fantasy Idea about Villians. that is deffinately interesting. I My self have a FF idea that is Original. Maybe we can throw our ideas together and GM together.*Smirk*

Veteran
    I did that once, it was fun. In fact, my friend and I have been writing a story for... wow... a decade now... on that premise. It just grows and evolves so much that it resembles only a fraction of what it started from.

LOL.. you remeber my FF thread Rensha, and how it never worked. * Sad face* maybe with new ideas it could work. Maybe....

your ff thread wasn't terrible wildfire. though it did die out due to lack of participation.
    i might be blamed partly on that bit though.

looks like its time for me to clean out the dust and re-enter the fray.

Regular
    Lego, if you participate in an FF thread, please don't pull a Tylas because we all know how notoriously murderous it can make active RPers KP

Edit: Which reminds me; Mars (he's still lurking around) and I still need to hunt down Byelotsar for abandoning Legacy of Paulos. Unless of course he decides to resurrect it and move the plot along to Girrant Orkiv ...
    Last edited by GourmetItalia; 22-10-2008 at 08:56.

Post Fiend
    No love for my thread so far? D:

I dun mean IC stuff, I gotta finish. Just sayin lol

I thought it would be polite to wait for you to finish your intro before I descended on your thread in a flurry of happy Star Wars thread playerism. =P

Same
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Post Fiend
    lol

I know XD
    I meant something in here, to at least say 'hey, looks good'
    Sorry, just my first thread, not trying to get a bit insecure over it lol

Im wishy washy with Star Wars. I like it , but I dont know enough to play. Sorry LK

Well then LordKain to allay your fears a little, I'll say that my first reaction is positive. I like that it's post RotJ and even more than that I like that it's alternate universe post RotJ. This is probably a better question for when you've got the thread all set up, but because I'm impatient I have to ask here - how do you plan to deal with people who want to play Force Sensitives/Jedi? I mean, once upon a time canonically there were just Luke, Obi-Wan (dead), Yoda (dead), Vader and the Emperor but thanks to all the Expanded Universe books despite Order 66 the galaxy seems to be teeming with Jedi or near Jedi. I'm neither for or against it, just curious.

The Jedi Purge (Order 66) caused the imbalance that Anakin ultimately corrected by killing Palpatine. Anakin still fulfilled the prophecy, just not in the way any of the Jedi interpreted it. With balance being restored, the Force could once again branch out to living beings. This happened after Palpatine was killed, so according to the story LK has laid out so far, it's still plausible that in 8 years (which is when he said our role would take place) people who were 10-12 years old when Palpatine was killed might start feeling the Force. Canonically, the books taking place after RotJ start with the X-Wing series which really have no other Jedi besides Luke and Leia. The galaxy doesn't really return to how it was before Order 66 until Anakin, Jacen and Jaina are born. By that time, the Jedi Order had been reestablished, though I do believe it is much smaller than the post Phantom Menace version.

This is all really rather nit-picky, though. It doesn't have to make sense because LK's thread is not canon, so he can change the rules however he wants. Just like in the intro I posted in that link. In the following chapters I've written (but haven't uploaded to FanFiction) Valuri is alive along with a majority of those Jedi from the temple. That fact alone changed the universe dramatically.

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble, so I'm going to stop >.< My suggestion is to not try and compare LK's thread with the canon storybooks or movies.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Post Fiend
    My view on the Jedi during the Dark Times is a tad different, but mostly the same as that. If I get time later, I can explain better how it ties together in my mind. But, in the end, you just have to deal with it *cracks the GM whip o doom +4* lol

The Jedi Order during the NJO books is immensely smaller than the Phantom Menace Jedi Order. There were literally thousands of Jedi in the Old Republic. You gotta admit, that was on helluva Purge. But that also ties into why all Jedi couldn't have been killed (with the canon exceptions). But anyways, back to class (sorta) lol

Thread Information