Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Roleplayer's Message Board

Veteran
    yup. ;) I just wanted to get rid of derek. Wasn't feeling the little kid. didn't feel like pulling him along.
    Last edited by Jolly Rensha; 23-01-2009 at 22:53.

Veteran
    oh, and the only angel mentioned in the bible as an ARCHangel (look up the translation of the word arch) is Michael. since you like research, Shari, i thought you might like that. :) The rest is Catholicism at it's finest. But then, since we're basing everything that is of christian origin in this thread after catholicism - saints, archangels, etc.- fine, whatever. *shrug*

Post Fiend
    Hey now, nothing wrong with Catholicism :p

Yeah, I knew of the Archangel Michael thing, found that out from Wikipedia. I'm not buff on my religion, but I know the essential haha

Regular
    Rensha, while that might be explicitly true concerning Michael, many religions still celebrate several angels as "arch" angels due to implicit references. Specifically those who are graced enough to walk in the presence of God.

Veteran
    there are a few tiers of angels talked about. just angel (the word itself means messenger or servant), seraph, and cherub. I'm guessing you're talking about Cherubs.

Edit for clarification of my former statement in relation to Ark's:

Disclaimer: These are my views on Christianity as I have read from the bible and researched for many years. Most of my life in fact. If you don't agree, that's your prerogative. However, it does not reflect how I think the thread should go. </end>

It isn't like God is locked away from the general spiritual inhabitants. The Cherubs serve him directly at his "throne" as it is explained to humans. Not much is said about seraphs in the bible beyond mentioning them. and normal angels pretty much do the work involved on earth, where it is believed seraphs do his will in heaven.

quite often it speaks of the angelic hosts (the full number of angels; that is, not differentiated into their three categories) congregating before God for various reasons. in the book of Job it spoke of angels coming before God and that Satan was among them to propose that men only serve god out of selfish reasons, thus why Job was persecuted by Satan.

It was only much later, after Jesus took power as king in 1914 (there are a lot of dates in the bible pointing to the day before WW1 as to when he took authority, as there were pointing to the time of his birth and then anointing to Christhood (in 29 C.E. (not A.D.) when he was baptized) in the Hebrew scriptures (old testament)) as spoken of in Revelation that Satan and the demons were shoved out of heaven to live in the human realm without the ability to physically manifest (Thus why they do possessions after the flood, instead of making bodies to reside in as they did beforehand (I feel a plausible explanation for "ghost sightings"). NOW they are exempt from speaking to God, let alone going back to heaven, the demons that is; former angels who rebelled.

(All that to explain what spirit beings, and when, were cut off from God's presence. sheesh.)

I am not saying this to impress anyone. I've learned a long time ago that no one is impressed by me. :) Rather, this is, as I said, clarification of my former statement in relation to ark's, and also to give him reference to knowledge that I've amassed over time. Or anyone else who was interested for that matter. Want to know more about angels or something else in the bible, let me know. I'll be happy to answer questions in Emails, PMs, etc.

outside of the bible and on other religions, I'm not your man. I think you can only truly and fully understand one religion in a lifetime, if even that.
    -------------

Remove yourself from what i'm saying about the bible and what I believe and where I think the thread should go. the two are far from the same.

I'm not really a fan of religious story arcs because it's all so far fetched. I'm focusing on very different areas of the thread. more the struggle to live in the world, than even powers or origins of characters. I think at this point, the origins of characters are rather moot.
    Last edited by Jolly Rensha; 24-01-2009 at 20:36. Reason: Clarification

Seraphs are hawt! I like me my choirs of angels ^_^

Veteran
    ^ read the post before Geco's if you want to read my edit.

Regular
    Ha.

Rensha has the supreme capacity to convey a lot of information, most of which is only barely tangential to the original statement. I lost you after the disclaimer.

Catholics celebrate several "arch" angels. I'm entirely unfamiliar with the general classification of angels, but from what I've read recently, although Michael is the only explicitly named Archangel, several others, including Uriel, Gabriel and Raphael are considered "Archangels" in their close and direct relationship to God as well as their carrying out of God's orders.

But as I mentioned, other than this bare minimum I'm drawing from, Desole was never meant to be a religious thread. All of this has been merely coincidence.

Veteran

^_-

Despite Raphael and Uriel never being mentioned, to my knowledge, in the bible.

Gabriel was, to Daniel, after battling with the 'prince' of persia. A reference to demons controlling different regions, through the leaders. Directly influencing them, or indirectly.

Post Fiend
    Why so dead?

Regular
    << Warning from Gourmet: I'm now dropping a ranting bomb and just as letter of warning, it's a big one. For your own safety, please equip yourself with enough eye drops to sustain an hour's worth of visual strain, thank you. >>

Okay, I think a lot of you misunderstood me when I posted about GMs and sometimes it's lame when they use the busy excuse. When I said that it was lame how a lot GMs made the busy excuse, I meant A LOT not ALL. The issue I am primarily frustrated with is not about real life because I know that real life gets hectic and people have other duties to attend to you. You people think I don't have priorities and a life as well?

First thing I want you all, namely Rensha and Arkady, to do is chill the fark out. I was not talking about all the GMs, just some, and I didn't mean you Arkady, or you Rensha. What I'm talking about and what I should've said was that I am immensely disappointed at GMs *and* roleplayers who make these great threads and then say that they're really busy when in reality they're just too fething lazy to post. Why do I say this? Because over the years, I have joined a number of threads that had great potential and in a great number of threads that I've joined, the GMs and roleplayers just let the thread die because they say they are occupied with real life. Later on after the threads died out, I discussed with the same GMs and roleplayers how it sucked that the threads they made died and they tell me that they weren't particularly busy at the time and really didn't feel like posting. Interestingly, at the time some GMs posted about being busy in one thread, they go ahead and post another thread a day or so later and let the older thread.

It's like this: thread's strong, character's interact, roleplayers post frequently, and the story line seems like it's going somewhere. Then, all of a sudden, boom! GM stops posting, doesn't say a fething thing, leaves the RPers, and the story ultimately starts to hang as though it were just pressed on pause. First, RPers post a bit more and the characters still interact, then days drag on to weeks, weeks drag on to months, and then the RPers start asking where the GM went. Throughout the course of the GM's departure, RPers start leaving and the thread sinks to the bottom as it's generally thought that the thread and the GM have sunk to the bottom. This is a stereotypical scenario that seems fabricated and it certainly isn't the case for all threads. There are definitely different unexplained variables that go into some threads' demises and different understable reasons why threads fail, but the scenario that I've just described is what I've witnessed in many threads where it was the GM's fault for letting the thread die.

Now tell me, everyone, in this situation, doesn't it kind of feel like a slap in the face when the GM does that? I mean, I think writer's block isn't such a bad thing and I can definitely understand that real life is more important than posting on a forum, especially you need to pay for bills, maintain relationships, and tend family, but when the GM doesn't post and leaves the RPers *and* the thread hanging, it gets pretty frustrating.

Interestingly in some of the threads where the GM just left the thread hanging, I went out of my way to contact some of the GMs to find out what was going on and in a good number of instances I learned that they had a boat load of free time and they just didn't feel like posting. When GMs say that, great! Wonderful! The GM doesn't feel like posting! That's all fine and dandy, but when a GM does that, the GM should at least tell the RPers that the thread should drop because then it would save the RPers time and effort in wondering if the thread should continue.

People have lives and they have the choice to do whatever they want in their free time, but when they leave without a single word, it just gets aggravating to wait for the GM when the GM is too lazy or unmotivated to move the story along. There have been other instances where the GMs and role players have posted that they are busy and then the days started dragging on to months without a single word. If not that, then the GMs or roleplayers kept posting that they were busy without posting a single thing.

There have also been other instances where GMs posted that they were busy and then one day, after on the previous day, posting that they were really busy, randomly start a new thread with a complex story line. I mean I'm not the smartest person in the world and it's not a crime to start a new thread idea whenever you want, but when a GM has enough time to plan another thread and then post that they're busy in another one, it makes RPers like myself suspicious that the GM's too lazy to continue with the story, has writer's block, or some other reason that allows them to make a new story idea.

Now of course, I don't know everything about GMing and it's certainly possible maintain a few threads at once if a GM has enough time, but in my experiences, some GMs starts one thread, post that they're busy, then start a new thread idea and let the thread they're in hanging. And the thread that they leave hanging is filled with enthusiastic RPers. For every case of the GM dropping out and starting a new thread, there are thousands and thousands of different variables that branch off into thousands and thousands of bajillions of other forks of possibilities. From my experiences, a very good number of the threads that I've involved with have failed because the GM was too lazy to keep the thread going; all the while posting that they were busy when really they had more than enough time to keep the threads going. I am surfacing the issue of GM laziness and lack of dedication because many GMs are inconsistent with seeing their threads to the end. I value consistency and dedication because I am a believer in fighting the good fight to see an end to a story or quest. The way I see, if you start an idea, at least finish what what you start.

When I join a thread or write a story, I stay there until the bitter end because I take too roleplaying seriously and I am dedicated with whatever threads I'm involved with. Now of course, I did disappoint Rensha in this thread involving a fictitious corporation by the name of VeriTech and this other corporation, but I'll never ever leave a thread again because I know that it's not fair to leave a GM hanging and even if I have writer's block, I'll write to the end. I'm not the kind of RPer that leaves randomly unless I am cussed out or banned. If I'm involved in a thread, I don't leave until the thread is completely dead, I am incapacitated, or the GM says that the thread is dead. In a thread, I think of it as a ship and even though in real life I'd probably jump a sinking ship at first warning, I certainly wouldn't "jump ship" in a thread until it's figuratively sinking, burning with petroleum, and ridden with poisonous fumes.

Arkady, please understand that I wasn't specifically aiming my frustration at you, to Rensha or to some of the exceptional GMs and roleplayers that try to keep their threads afloat. My frustrations are purely aimed at the GMs that are too lazy to continue and finish their threads because they don't take role-playing seriously. I'm also lamenting the deaths of some great threads that had great potential, but ultimately sunk to the bottom because the GMs or the roleplayers could not collaboratively keep the threads afloat.

I too take roleplaying seriously and I want to see threads move past their beginning stages. When a I roleplay in a thread and discover that it sinks to the bottom, it kind of feels like a part of me just sunk with it. For every thread that I was involved with, I have an attachment to it because the characters and the plots that I created in those threads seem like my own children. Please don't call me crazy because the characters and ideas meant that much to me. There were a lot of threads where some exchanges of dialogue, fight scenes, character developments, and events that I'd wanted to come to fruition never came to pass and for those developments that never happened, I lament.

When GMs terminated the threads because there were not enough role players to continue the plot, I understand and Arkady, are absolutely right when you say that threads are a collaborative effort. Without both sides working together, everything just falls to pieces and the threads just sink to the bottom *sings Sesame Street - Cooperation song*. There are *so many* threads that had great potential, but went to the bog because the GMs AND the roleplayers were too lazy to post. I get aggravated when GMs and roleplayers don't post because they're too lazy to and I lament because some events that I wanted to come to pass, never came to pass. I have seen both ends of the spectrum, both with role-players dropping out or the GM dropping out and both scenarios ended with the destruction of the threads and I'm tired of seeing potential threads fall to pieces because someone's too damn lazy to post or else, not post a farking thing and leave people hanging.

I am not as experienced as some RPers at GMing threads and I still have much to learn about what it takes to make a thread work, but that doesn't mean I have "zero comprehension" about GMing in general or how to make a thread stay together. I may not be experienced, but I have worked closely with several GMs over the past years that I've been role-playing in the URP and I have GMed a few threads, which have failed due to my inexperience. After those few threads failed, I felt that I was not qualified or experienced enough to make threads an enjoyable experience where people could get involved, which is why I haven't taken up to the task of GMing.

Now I will say again, I am a completist and no matter what happens, I want to see thread run to a finale. I don't care how long it takes, it's as Shari said, writers feel a completeness when they finish writing their stories and in the situations where a thread just dies because the damn GMs and roleplayers are too lazy to post, it aggravates me because I want the stories to finish.

People can go to movies, buy games, read books, and get their hands on paid forms of entertainment because they are what they are, they're entertainment. To me they're a different form of leisure and RPing is a *whole* different arena. I don't think I ever asked or mentioned anything about satisfying my own needs of entertainment so I don't know how you came up with that idea, Arkady. I've got my own movies, games, and books and I could goto those for entertainment, but as I said roleplaying is a completely different arena. Something just doesn't quite measure up to interacting with other peoples' characters and interacting with an imaginative world.

Arkady, Rensha, Geco, and some others that are probably lurking around on roleplayers mesage board, I think your writing skills are exception and are probably motion picture quality; I'm not kidding when I say that ;). I look up to all of you and your writing inspires me to improve my writing skills and to continue to involve in great thread with great stories and worlds. My post was not to insult exceptional RPers and GMs like Arkady, Rensha, Geco, and some others, but to bring the issue of inconsistency with finishing stories and to rant on the lazy GMs and roleplayers that let threads die. I'm not specifically complaining about the GMs and role players that really do have real life needs to attend to, I'm complaining about the GMs and role players that post that they're busy, when really they're not and are too darn lazy to post.
    Last edited by GourmetItalia; 31-01-2009 at 07:48.

That was long ^_^

I know we are writers, but some brevity never killed anyone lol Just wanted to say thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it.

In my infinite wisdom, I'd say no one need reply. Venting can be good at times, and GI has said what he needs to say. Let's just get back to what we all should be doing - posting - and stop wasting time here ^_^

Regular
    GI, I find it a little amusing, undermining and hypocritical that you make a reply to comments made almost a week ago.

Certainly, you're entitled to your frustration, but when you make a comment as you previously made, you were tremendously careless in your generalizations and it was obviously demeaning to those who do work very hard to make things work. That's what made me mad.

You make some very sincere and solid points this time around, even if I haven't had the experience of actually RPing with you in long time, and thus cannot verify any of your more specific claims, but I do strongly suggest that on ANY sort of board, you cannot be too careful in what you say.

When you spoke about GMs, it's very obvious that there are only a few remaining GMs wandering around these boards. If you did not mean us, I wasn't sure who the hell you could have possibly meant. And certainly if you have a problem with a specific GM, I suggest you air it out with them directly, rather than making blanket statements directed at all of us.

is all I have to say

Veteran
    Thanks for the compliment GI. I know you don't ever really mean anything bad. You're just as bad as I am in putting words together into a logical arrangement when OOC:. :) And although you still said a few things that can be a little harsh to people. I suppose I should be the first hypocrite if I said it isn't so. And also if I told you to be more politically correct, because I fight that whenever possible. *flicks off P.C.*

So I guess I should say things like thanks for giving your opinion and thanks for being concerned. Because really. It is all Ark, Geco, and myself (that I know of, I'm sure there are others too ^_^) ask for in our threads and fellow RPers. For people to be concerned.

------------

On a slightly related, but mostly unrelated note -

SHARI TANA!!!! >_< Hi :) you have an opportunity to post in Furious again, if you have been away for a couple days from being able to read it ^_^ We've moved to the next day.

Thread Information