Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Roleplayer's Message Board

Post Fiend
    For everyone's notice, I'll be on vacation in a couple of days for bout 11 days.. (going down to the Alps...yay!) so I won't post in a while. If I have time I'll get some posts up before I leave. Otherwise you'll know why I'm not posting.

Post Fiend
    Oh you just suck, I wanna go to the Alps! Take me with you D:

lol have fun and such, safety and all that blargh

What? *rubs eyes* I was in a dreamstate battling horrid nightmarish monsters while making fantastic pancakes and wondering when Obama will die.

I see none of it came true... I'll check the thread ^_^

Edit: I don't see what you're talking about, Ren. No one's attempted to ineract with my characters yet.
    Last edited by Shari Tana; 04-02-2009 at 06:05.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Post Fiend
    wondering when Obama will die
    when Obama will die
    Obama will die

Wait..... wat?

edit:
    Oh, and damn you Vagrant, reply to my PM on here haha

Well, everyone dies eventually, LK. Even You. There's just some I wish would go before others. I just have this nagging feeling that a certain recently elected head-of-government has less qualification for his position than people seem to think he does. He also has done some things I find extremely questionable as far as nation security goes. Closing Guatanamo Bay for instance.... along with the CIA's international prisons. These are where the most dangerous of terrorist leaders were being kept, mind you.

And now there's another bill in Congress for even more billions of dollars to be spent in the name of economic stimulus (because the last one was so effective). Like... a lot more. But this isn't UP, so let's get off this subject, shall we?

PS: Stop twisting my words :P I would never kill the president.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Veteran
    um, the police would be talking about the crazed monster that night. and doubtless in the morning. I'm quite sure there is something meaningful to post. regardless of whether it is actually interacting with other characters. people need to make their own way in a story, not wait for someone else.

Veteran
    and shari.

at least in an obama era, your words would just be considered free speech instead of terrorist propaganda.

who's to say they are the heads of terrorist organizations anyway? They haven't had a trial by an international committee yet. On top of that, I'm sure they wouldn't just get forgotten.

Closing GITMO means nothing. They didn't say they were releasing prisoners, but that they were closing prisons. Stopping torture. i don't care who you are, you don't deserve torture. I have family fairly far up in government affairs who has made his career on terrorist activities and trying to stop them. Not that he can or does tell me anything, but I don't think he thinks highly of torture either, and he's close to the business. it isn't necessary.

------

Furthermore, the idea isn't that it will repair the economic situation immediately. There will be hard years ahead. The point is that it will hopefully close the hemmorhaging wound that an inherently bad economy has. We are bleeding money faster and harder the longer someone doesn't do anything about it. Which is fine by me. Reset button. The super rich stay rich or commit suicide. Not a bad thing. The poor only stay poor. But when the economy get's turned around, it is a chance for poor people to go up. Middle class disappears again for a while.
    Last edited by Jolly Rensha; 04-02-2009 at 23:19.

Post Fiend
    I'm too full of awesome to ever die. It's a fact :3
    I wasn't twisting your wrods, just throwing in some fun political debate into the boards (though I don't wanna pursue it lol) =D

Ren has a point, I mean look at what I am doing with Stacey. She's all off on her own until I feel like doing otherwise lol

Damnit Ren, we dun wanna do the politico thing here. I was making a joke, just to see what the response would be ^^
    /discussion, k? kekeke

Yea... anyway, I'm not expecting anyone to carry my characters, but if Tobi is on the night shift, she likely would not hear much of the recent news till the following shift. I just thought someone had attempted to interact with one of my characters and I was holding someone up by not posting. With the Arkady angle somewhat lost, I'm not really sure what step to take next. Tobi was just someone to play with till Ark got back. Jun is still the main guy here.

My final words on the other subject (and I mean final) is that I may be the only who who trusts thier government when they say people who are locked up are there for a reason. As far as torture goes, nothing is proven, albeit highly suspicious. In my opinion, if my country comes under attack, I don't really care what we do to prevent another occurance. It's not like this is the first time ever torture has been used, nor will it be the last, even under the Obama administration. I just pray nothing major happens in the Middle East to spark a major war. The conflicts in Gaza are proof things aren't going so well over there. I'm a realist, it makes it easier to prepare for the worst. Though I am really thankful all that Gaza mess happened while Bush was lame duck... I don't think that man can resist the oppertunity to score some kind of oil trade agreement. *sigh*

No more on that from me ;) I pwommise
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

Regular
    I am really considering joining Furious and I even have notes written for a potential character, but I don't really know if I should jump in or wait for Arkady to give the thread a nudge before posting anything. Any suggestions?

Regular
    To be a complete hypocrite, I've more or less abandoned Furious. But considering, I dunno, my main rule from the very beginning being "do what you will with the thread, plot, etc," I don't feel too bad about that. All I was really doing was being admin. If anyone wants to step up to that role, I would not be upset at all.

In other words, I would not wait for me at any given point.

On the other hand, for those of you who are waiting in Desole, you do certainly have my most sincere apologies. I've been getting my ass kicked by school-work which has most inconveniently teamed up with an ever-lasting cold.

Also ... I think I've written Ishmael into a sort of tight spot. I mainly need the mental time to deconstruct what the hell I'm going to do with that one.

Expect a post on Monday. My school work clears up then.

Regular
    Arkady man, school comes first above all things and it's been kicking my ass as well 8). I remember you saying that you finished all your classes for your business or economics major and you were finishing classes for an English major.

Post Fiend
    GI
    We're arcing the story a bit, thanks to Geco. I've got something in the works I've been planning, but that won't come until after a specific point in the thread. It will likely happen soon, though, and it may or may not tie into the arc that is forming now haha

I'd say jump in, but prepare for a wait. SoHee's going on vac and so we won't be moving much until she can post next. I'll probably put up another post for Stacey, but I don't want to just post away with only her lol

Veteran
    Geco, a question? We can PRP to a point. Do what you want and just try and estimate what her characters would do. Notice, I didn't say do WHAT YOU WANT HER CHARACTERS to do, but rather what you think they would do. :) You're good at that.

Yes we probably could, but I asked LK if he wouldn't mind just waiting. Reason being if I know I can get a bit of a sabbatical from Furious I can put the finishing touches on my own thread and hopefully get it up and running. This is one of those things though that needs to have the actual players react because their reactions will give me a better idea of how we're actually going to solve this problem as a gorup :p Part of the problem with the forums is you can't always have pre-built solutions because players can think differently than you.

Thread Information