Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Roleplayer's Message Board

Does anyone else have to hit the "Remember Me?" button in order to post messages? I do, and it's a little annoying since I don't like having cookies like that on my computer :/

Oh, and that's very funny Chris. I do not have a tatoo on my neck -_-

Post Fiend
    not to post messages per say, but if you are not having the setting "remember me" you loose your session after a while and is logged out, hence not being able to post

If I don't have it on, I can't even post something I wrote in a notepad hours ago and paste it over right away. Takes like 30 seconds to log in and paste a message, so I don't think it's logging me out that fast. I don't know, but I guess I'll just have to remember to hit the log out button when I leave this page.

Veteran
    I never have to log out. I never have to log in. I only had to do it once more after they updated teh forum.

I have the remember me ticked and it keeps it.

btw - so funny, that list of characters. lol. I actually saw myself as the guy at the top in leather with the sword. He's a spitting image of Russus Adamas Legio, a very short character in Tome. :)

I login and out on my work computer, otherwise I remain logged in. I've never really had a problem with losing messages, as I don't type any IC posts here.

I'm one of those stubborn and never learns people. I type all my messages here because it just feels more fun that way. Looking at a blank white screen demotivates me. I've had the same issue with losing posts, but never remember by the end to back it up. Even just doing ctrl+c would work. I'm so used to being able to just press back that I never account for those more uncommon accidents where posts are lost, then I growl angrily and avoid the forums for at least 2 days.

Hmm, I don't think the characters at the top were included in the background. They're part of the header banner. And I think that one you're referring to, Ren, is a woman. The pointed chin and larger eyes are usually associated as female traits, where males usually have square chins and broad brows.

I'm with Geco on the posting method, though. I type everything right here in the quick reply box. There's a spellchecker too, so no need to past into word and run a spellcheck (if i remember).

On a side note, Is anyone not able to get Wave to load? For the past two days, whenever I open it, all I get is a blank white screen, and it says the page is finished loading...
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Geco View Post
    ...I never account for those more uncommon accidents where posts are lost, then I growl angrily and avoid the forums for at least 2 days.
    This is why I simply cannot write here. I don't like allowing this to happen. As for the blank white screen, I'll reiterate that I write in gmail. The interface is customizable with different color palettes, the spellchecker is built in to both gmail and Chrome, it autosaves everytime you pause. It's as easy as having another tab open (or browser, if you prefer to Tab between Skysail to read other posts), and it isn't Word. I'm not going to fault anyone for using the forum interface to type their posts, I just have no pity for lost posts due to browser issues or mistakes.

Wave has been working for me, Shari. It might be your browser, or perhaps something on Googles end.

Doublepost.

Sidenote: I like seeing that Skysail has a fraction the posts as RPMB, yet half the views. I'd like to think it is due to people reading along anonymously. Doubtful.

I just have no pity for lost posts due to browser issues or mistakes.
    And you really shouldn't, it's our own damn fault for being stubborn. Like I said, I think about 99% of the errors that do occur and you can't simply hit BACK to retrieve what you wrote could be solved by using COPY just before you post in case something does go wrong (it's something I'm going to start making an effort to remember to do). As for the other 1%, well, that's when your comp freezes and your SOL, and why doing it in Gmail is good cause it will autosave for you and you'll never lose that much, but I just can't bring myself to do it =P

Sidenote: I like seeing that Skysail has a fraction the posts as RPMB, yet half the views. I'd like to think it is due to people reading along anonymously. Doubtful.
    I saw that too and wondered what the hell was going on. Although a mystery fan base would be pretty cool. It makes you wonder how JOLT counts views. I often have a second tab open when I right to refer to other posts, is that 2 views? I'm also a culprit for coming on, seeing there's a new post, clicking through to see it, but then leave it to read for later. There could be a mystery fan base, or that anyone who randomly stumbles here will check it out vs the RPMB because the RPMB's content is denoted by it's name.

We need Poirot!

Veteran
    Shari - yeah... I know... too bad eh? About the leather hatted girl. Looks a lot like Russus though. ;) Just brown hair instead of black with a red tint. on Wave - nope, haven't had that issue. I would also say it is a browser issue. Chrome (googles browser) works great. Just takes a day or two fiddling to find out where everything is, but there is a cookies-off version of a tab you can open (incognito) if you wanted to look at bank accounts or something. forum cookies I don't care about though.

Arc - I agree... Love the autosave. I also write in the text box (just so i can read posts as I type along, don't miss anything) but I copy with ctrl+a then ctrl+c. from time to time i write in google docs though. I definitely write there for my stories on the solo aspect. That autosave is righteous.

I also noticed the views thing. We have a lot of anonymous guests viewing the forum though. Just wanted to point out that i DO check that. Just a lot of people don't stay and make a name to join us.

There could be a mystery fan base, or that anyone who randomly stumbles here will check it out vs the RPMB because the RPMB's content is denoted by it's name.
    I agree. Still, I'll dare to dream. There are lurkers who F5 the **** out of our thread, hoping and praying for an update.

Veteran
    lol i'm one of them hahaha!

wow a lot of us are on!

wave party!

Veteran
    L... O... L... haha

That's a great post... lol

hard act to follow.

heh. ^_^
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my....LASER!!
    ~Some random deviation that my brother showed me one day, once upon a time...lol

Thread Information