Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1146

Thread: Roleplayer's Message Board

I don't know, I think I can explain why she has them. Family heirloom perhaps..?? Yes I like that. One to passes down to her and one passed down to her brother. Why she has both I would explain in game play. I think I am going to rework her history a little more. She turning out a little too neive for me.

hey Ren, I didn't know you were in New Zealand. That's awesome. One of my Husband's good friends is from NZ. In fact he just got back from a visit over there. He is currently staying with us till he gets a new job.

Anybody know if this site archives old threads? Swear I remember Arkady having three or four threads, but coming up blank on search.

there are 3 pages. it might be back on one of those. as far as i know it doesn't delete any threads.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Post Fiend
    http://forums.joltonline.com/showthr...-Furious/page6
    http://forums.joltonline.com/showthr...57-Desol/page6

Those are the two threads that Ark had that I was part of

Also, I know it's a longshot but is anyone still interested in Furious? That's the one thread that has ever constantly tugged at my attention and always saddens me that it has died (twice). If we could restart that, I would be friggin ecstatic. If not, I'd like to recreate it on my other forum (Ark doesn't mind), but it would be far from the same. There's some kick arse RPers on that site, but we had a great thread going on.
    Last edited by LordKain; 26-03-2010 at 15:46.

Veteran
    G - eh, true enough, on the point of people wondering why she has such an interesting item. And I said MAGIC is perhaps a little to stuffy... Magicite is used in magitek, and it isn't like magitek equipment just happens to work without any moving parts or invention. :) science of sorts. I was going the alchemy-science route... but hey. Whatever. I'm still intrigued by antiquity and am drawing something. it inspired me. :) and yes... i'm incredibly bored... can someone post something so i can read it?

I like the idea of magicite powder being used in place of gunpowder. *nods* works for me. :)

WF - yeah, i'm in NZ. Kiwis tend to exaggerate how great their country is. It's true, the views are spectacular and breathtaking. But their government, commerce, and generally every way they do things is held together by paper clips, rubber bands, and tape. You pay twice as much for a cheap imitation of something back in the states that breaks a week after you get it. I actually want to move on. Asia was more advanced than this place... Kinda sad really that i get free internet in third world nations and this place bends me over and gives it hard when it comes to... well everything, but internet specifically. the food is the worst thing.

Like i said though... take all the people away and the country is fantastic.

I'll post something after I'm finished with my homework :(
    I should have waited longer before going back to school.... *sigh* oh well.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Post Fiend
    I'll try to get back in action soon. Just moved to our new house so I'm both tired and got lots to stuff to do... but I'm still here.

*Door opens* Hello? Closure of Utopia? No way! I have been a player of Utopia for at least 5 years, if not an active forum user it will be sad to see it go.

I believe we should migrate to another site I mentioned it many times; roleplayerguild.com. We could start a social group within the site so we can all stick together and have a private place too. It would also give us more people to RP with of course they would have to be good. Having been a member of that community for nearly a year now I could recommend a few who are good writers, better than me atleast by far.

So how goes Skysail? I will attempt to read it this weekend as I have no money, no work, nobody to bother me and little to do. I give no guarantees I'm reading a good book by Robin Hobb called Golden Fool, book 2 in the Tawny man trilogy I'm nearly finished it but I have the next book too.

Mmk, I realized that if I didn't force myself to post something I was just going to keep avoiding it. A little OOC stuff, since Phoenix is running this little quest I've given him permission to PP my char as needed. He also described the general and tomb entrance differently that was has been said so far, so I think waiting is best.

RL update, I got introduced to the Production Manager of a tv show and after meeting with her Wednesday I'm going to be doing a 3 week internship in their production office. I'm pumped! Not just to get back to work but to get to see what goes on in tv/film and hoping I like it and do well that I can turn it into a career.

That's all folks, sorry for the absence.

1000th Post! XD

Grats Geco! Hope it works out for you. I've always wanted to work in film/television.
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

Nice, Geco! Hopefully things start falling into place.

I took the next scene further than probably necessary. I do like the idea of introducing the narrators perspective into a scene that has already played out - so the idea is giving your characters a chance to reflect on something that has recently happened, but being able to write in the present without feeling the need to back-date any information. If I missed anything or left out any pertinent information, take liberties.

Veteran
    good to know that the contact worked out for you. ;)

oh, and i took it in arc's post that people got off in the plateau area hours before and Arch had ari simply drop her off later. i might be wrong on that, but i took it that way because he incorporated the stone arch that Tarra mentioned.

correct me if i'm wrong, arc. :)

btw, i liked that post too WF. Only thing I could say for improvement is to keep in the past verb tense, rather than switch between present and past verb tenses. unless you're experimenting with present verb tenses or something. but yeah, i really enjoyed getting into that scene.

on an unrelated note, amy and i are fed up with Rydges and are currently looking for another job while working here. Besides that, they have overbooked the hotel during the busy winter and are kicking us out june 15th, but we think we've found a flat after that. As far as my future schedule, who knows? I hope it doesn't impede. It IS however, inspiring me to write, because i'm very tired of thinking about work and how to improve. Basically i've outgrown what this place can teach me, and can refocus on writing. *nods* that and i'm over homesickness and depression for the most part. Vodka helps with that i think. lol.
    Last edited by Jolly Rensha; 03-04-2010 at 07:52.

Regular
    Hey Geco, next time your on wanna head over to Google wave and approve my Chara so I can get a post up for him? Meanwhile I'll try to hammer out a post for Aram...

Regular
    Finally I am back. I posted and sorry for the lenght but I had a lot to cover. Google wave doesn't work for me but I will folllow everyone to a new page or whatever when the time comes just let me know. Happy easter everyone!

Thread Information