TEASER

"Sir? I finally got a wave from Inara."

Malcolm Reynolds turned his attention away from the blueprint, which he had spent the last hour staring at, to the beautiful woman that now stood in front of the table hands resting on her hips. At the mentioning of Inara he always got this pained expression on his face. Their relationship had grown a bit strained during the last year.

"Did they get out okay?" he asked. Almost a year after the broadwave the original Firefly crew had lost a few more members. Inara had gone back to the Guild to train and prepare the girls as Companions, but also to provide a legitimate front for the resistance to channel funds. She had even dared to use the training school as a secret haven for the Independents, as they were once again being called.

"Did they get out okay?" he asked again as Zoe had yet to answer. She looked at him with her dark eyes and he dreaded to hear her answer.

"Barely," she finally said and lowered her head. "Some of the girls are very injured and some didn't make it out at all."

He threw a fist on the table. The Independents, a group that both Mal and Zoe had so reluctantly taken control of and been a thorn in the Alliance's side for the past year, was putting his friends in danger. They had not brought an open war to the Alliance, since they knew that with such a formidable and strong opponent it would only hurt them more than it would help. Instead they had started a guerrilla war where they poked holes and caused chaos in the Alliance. Single scout ships venturing too far away from the Armada were often lost and they had managed to place a numerous of spies within the ranks. Up until now the Alliance had been unable to strike back since they did not know where to look. Hurt by the broadwave made two years ago they had rethought their ways of brutal and remorseless punishment, afraid of losing the support from the core planets that they still held. That was, up until now. Inara's group had not been the first one they had attacked and if things continued it wouldn't be the last.

"What hwun dan has been feeding them information?" he said, throwing one of the chairs to the side. Zoe, stoic as ever, remained calm but she closed her fists.

"Everyone has been warned," she said.

"Yea, but that's not gonna cut it. We hafta find the hole that is leaking and plug it for good!"

"I agree, but it will be difficult sir, and it will take time. Have you spoken to Jameela yet?" Zoe continued and turned her eyes towards the blueprints. "She is waiting for a green light."

"Yea I know, I've just gone over the layout again, and I'm fairly sure this is the place."

"Fairly sure, sir?" Zoe popped an eyebrow and despite his heavy heart he couldn't help but to give her a smirk in return.

"Well, can't be sure unless they post a sign outside, which I doubt they will."

"Fine, sir. Should I give it a go then?"

"Yea, do it. Just tell her to watch her back."

GENERAL INFORMATION

This is a thread set in the firefly-universe created by Joss Whedon.
If you are familiar to the setting the main characters will not be open to play.

As you understand by now, if you've seen Serenity, it is set two years after the ending of the movie. You will become one of the crew members under the Captain Jameela on the Firefly ship called Freyja who will introduce the mission for you.

For you that are new to this universe it is set in the future where high technology is mixed with the good old western. The central core planets are futuristic and prosperous while the outer rim planets are new terra formed planets which have been thrown back in time so to speak. This is where the wild west comes in.

If you have not seen Firefly (or Serenity), please do so since it is one of the best series out there! :)
But also because it would be easier to understand this universe.
I suggest you see Serenity first, if you just wanna get a brief understanding of the universe, and then follow up with Firefly if you can get ahold of it.

Also as a reference I've found this which I've found helpful:
http://www.fireflywiki.org

Geco and I are going to co-GM this little adventure and we will run it using an episode layout and if you want to you can lead your own episode down the line.

Character sheet

Name:
Appearance:
Brief history: