Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop sci for gnomes

Pop sci for gnomes

Is it a good or bad idea? Will it make my nw/a to high or what?

Opinions please

Too high is never good.
    When you get to the point where you will have to spend millions of bpa to raise your sci 1%, then you should begin to think about changing direction.

Post Fiend
    I think a good balance of all sciences equally is good...

Post Fiend
    Yeah

As a gnome i plan to pump a little pop science but not too much (will try to be even in about all science cat)
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Lots and lots, then some. You need VERY high science levels before NW is a significant drawback, and gnomes benefit more than others from Housing sci because they get a natural multiplier on it.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Post Fiend
    There's never enough pop sci :p

Emoticons have gone ?!?! \:D/
    Last edited by Benjiman; 25-08-2008 at 17:24.

Science per see is not a big factor in raising NW. If you leave the increase in pop as peasants, you can decrease banks, increase war buildings, and have better BE. That's more than fair compensation for the extra net worth from science.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Post Fiend
    If any race benefits from pop sci, it's gnomes. I'm running an artisan gnome and after my science pump will be at 37pop./acre, which means I can rape anyone in TPA and WPA, while still maintaining dpa and a good BE.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kengman View Post
    Is it a good or bad idea? Will it make my nw/a to high or what?

Opinions please
    This is a very good question. The answer depends on how big your military is. Remember pop science adds a lot to nw/a for a few reasons 1. science adds networht just by its self. 2 it add people and people add to networth 3. the bigger population the more likely one is to make there military bigger. Bigger military mean more net worth. If one has a super big army one does not want to us science. I will use my province as an example I'm playing gnome this age. My MOD military is running at 99%. I have no science because if I did that would make my net/a too high. See it all depends on your strategy and what that strategy calls for to work correctly.

Regular
    There is no such a thing like too much pop sci.

Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    My MOD military is running at 99%. I have no science because if I did that would make my net/a too high. See it all depends on your strategy and what that strategy calls for to work correctly.
    thats a bad strategy :s you are forgetting one key element in this equation. while getting pop sci increases your army and therefor it increases your networth - IT INCREASES YOUR ARMY. you now have more troops to attack/defend with. pop sci is pretty much vital, and you can never have too much.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Definitely can never have too much pop sci as a gnome. I completely disagree with vines.

vines' strategy is about as sound as trying to cross a highway by somersaulting blindfolded. It might work, but you can usually find better alternatives.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Catwalk View Post
    vines' strategy is about as sound as trying to cross a highway by somersaulting blindfolded. It might work, but you can usually find better alternatives.
    hehehe!

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Catwalk View Post
    i agree =)

there comes a time when pop sci isnt worth it, but when gnomes have (effectively) a 1.15x modifier to pop sci, its definately worth it for them!

Thread Information