Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop sci for gnomes

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    thats a bad strategy :s you are forgetting one key element in this equation. while getting pop sci increases your army and therefor it increases your networth - IT INCREASES YOUR ARMY. you now have more troops to attack/defend with. pop sci is pretty much vital, and you can never have too much.
    I understand why you are :S. It is hard to explain through only using words. I will use my province as an example when using science as a gnome would not work as well.

The Province of Red Mist (??:??)
    [http://www.utopiatemple.com Angel v1.92 Beta]

[Posted by: Red Mist]
    Server: World of Legends (Age 40)
    Utopian Date: January 9th, YR3 (57% in the day)
    RL Date: August 29th, 2008 (14:34 GMT)

Ruler Name: Lord Blood Shed ?
    Personality & Race: ?, Gnome
    Land: 1,149 Acres
    Money: 1,716,691gc (35,848gc daily income)
    Food: 76,777 bushels
    Runes: 23,438 runes
    Population: 40,214 citizens (35.00 per Acre)
    Peasants: 15,620 (100% Building Efficiency)
    Trade Balance: -4,069gc (0% tax rate)

ME+Stance (no spells): 92.5% off. / 120.28% def.
    RawMilitaryEff. 94.4%
    Soldiers: 6,235 (59.3% estimated draft rate)
    Halflings: 0
    Pikemen: 1,030 (6,194 defense)
    Golems: 11,988 (55,447 offense / 72,094 defense)
    War-Horses: 3,750 (up to 3,469 additional offense)
    Prisoners: 0

Total Modified Offense: 64,683 (56.30 per Acre)
    Practical (50% elites): 36,960 (32.17 per Acre)
    Total Modified Defense: 85,787 (74.66 per Acre)
    Practical (50% elites): 49,740 (43.29 per Acre)

Thieves: 4,595 (4.00 per Acre / 100% Stealth)
    Wizards: 746 (0.65 per Acre / 84% Mana)

Crystal-Ball on your province will show:
    Max. Possible Thieves/Wizards: 6,458 (5.62 / Acre)
    Estimated Thieves Number: 2,583 (2.25 per Acre)
    Estimated Wizards Number: 969 (0.84 per Acre)

** Networth Table: **
    Total Networth: 181,459gc (157.93 per Acre)
    Golems: 62,937gc (35%) - [5.25gc]
    Land (90% built): 58,599gc (32%) - [15+40gc]
    Thieves: 18,380gc (10%) - [4gc]
    Peasants: 15,620gc (9%) - [1gc]
    Soldiers: 9,352gc (5%) - [1.5gc]
    Pikemen: 5,150gc (3%) - [5gc]
    Science (estimated): 4,470gc (2%) - [1/92gc]
    Wizards: 2,984gc (2%) - [4gc]
    War Horses: 2,250gc (1%) - [0.6gc]
    Money: 1,717gc (1%) - [1/1000gc]

Buildings: 1,045gc to build, 637gc to raze
    Away bonus: 78,100gc (12h) / 234,300gc (20h)

Science Intelligence on Red Mist (??:??)
    [Generated by Utopiapimp]

[Posted by: Red Mist]
    Source: Utopia Angel, 1.92 Beta
    Server: WoL (January 8, YR3)
    Ruler Name: Blood Shed
    Personality: ?
    Race: Gnome

** Effects summary **
    +0% Income (0 points)
    +0% Building Effectiveness (0 points)
    +0% Population Limits (0 points)
    +0% Food Production (0 points)
    +0% Gains in Combat (0 points)
    +0% Thievery Effectiveness (0 points)
    +0% Magic Effectiveness & Rune Production (0 points)

As one can see if I use science that will take money and will make my military only bigger which is not a good thing because for many reasons. The science adds to networth wich I don't want and pop science makes my army bigger which I do not want. I'm drafting 4,000 more troops once I do that I will train them into elites and that will make my Net Worth go up a lot. However, the province with the same networth when I get done building my military will be bigger in land and they millitary will be weaker because they have science. So as one can plainly see for the type of strategy I working I don't want any science. I'm not going to tell you how I'm doing it. Masters must not give answers away be rather give others insight.

Are you a troll or do you seriously have nfi how this game works? =P

If your objective is to be really really sure that you won't have your sci farmed, I think you're on the right track.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by puppy101 View Post
    Are you a troll or do you seriously have nfi how this game works? =P
    What does "nfi" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Catwalk View Post
    If your objective is to be really really sure that you won't have your sci farmed, I think you're on the right track.
    It's not that rather the fact that when I'm done building my military around 97% of my daily income will go to military wages dude to the size of my military, I won't have enough money to buy books. And why use science if one doesn't need it? Not learning sciences will save me money and time.

LOL, this guy was in my kingdom a few ages ago posting the same crap he's posting here. After we started killing him, he accused of us being jealous at how much stronger his province was compared to ours.
    Last edited by CheeseMelts; 29-08-2008 at 21:35.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseMelts View Post
    LOL, this guy was in my kingdom a few ages ago posting the same crap he's posting here. After we started killing him, he accused of us being jealous at how much stronger his province was compared to ours.
    wow, i now feel totally retarded for arguing with this guy in my elf warrior thread...

Banned
    CheeseMelts mate if you recall and it DOES seem like you are. I was the only Baron in the kingdom by the second year and we had not even gone hostile on any one. That age by the 2 year I had over 30 attacks under my belt average opponant size 100% never retelled. It was only one guy that attacked me in our kingdom so I left. I had gained around 1000 acres by the second year purely through attacking. I did not explore one acre. And Few of the guys in the kingdom even stood up for me and said I had skills they said it was shocking. Enough said.

Post Fiend
    Your skills are shocking ? lol

I would be very shocked if you were any good, so yeah in a way....

Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    CheeseMelts mate if you recall and it DOES seem like you are. I was the only Baron in the kingdom by the second year and we had not even gone hostile on any one. That age by the 2 year I had over 30 attacks under my belt average opponant size 100% never retelled. It was only one guy that attacked me in our kingdom so I left. I had gained around 1000 acres by the second year purely through attacking. I did not explore one acre. And Few of the guys in the kingdom even stood up for me and said I had skills they said it was shocking. Enough said.
    You're hilarious. It looks like we weren't the only ones to kill you off.

In my kingdom we killed you off pretty early because you couldn't keep up with the rest of us, refused to cooperate, and made a lot of arrogant/stupid posts like you're doing now. Nice to see you're still as delusional as ever.

Banned
    I just take a look at the numbers of the cb I posted of the province I'm playing this age. It is plain to see. And yeah that's what a few of there guys said. One guy got mad because I said you can grow faster through attacks than exploring. I caught up to the guy from being 1/4 his size and was going to pass him so the dude attacked me when I was double tapping some dude. Simple as that. CheeseMelts yeah right bull****, I remember the kingdom yeah it was one province that attacked me and yeah it was early on start of the 2year.
    Last edited by vines; 29-08-2008 at 22:31.

Whoo! Woo! 100

Smile

The Province of Red Mist (??:??)
    [http://www.utopiatemple.com Angel v1.92 Beta]
    HOLY CRAP! You remember me double tapping you ~2-4 weeks after the age started? I think you were an orc/mystic running a 30% draft rate and you were bragging how strong your province was. I felt bad for killing you since you really seemed like a stubborn newbie. But I'm glad it didn't deter you from pursuing your godly ways. =)

Banned
    This age I'm a gnome. If I'm going to double tap playing as orc it would have to be orc warrior. Can't DT with orc mystic, well that is, I can't do it as orc mystic.

Sir Postalot
    This age I'm a gnome. If I'm going to double tap playing as orc it would have to be orc warrior. Can't DT with orc mystic, well that is, I can't do it as orc mystic.
    why not?

Whoo! Woo! 100
    Ahhh, the bad english comprehension once again. You were the orc/mystic. I was an orc/warrior. This was the age when orc's had the 0/6 spec and the warrior had ambush immunity. MikeTyson ate your children.

Banned
    I am have been. One age allowed for the orc/mystic to be super strong. However, the age me and the other dude are talking about I was an orc warrior. This was the age when orcs had 0 cost for draft and 0 bonus from honor. The fallowing age they change it to what it is now.

Thread Information