Thread: Mass Effect: Terminus Relay

Exclamation Mass Effect: Terminus Relay

What a better way to inaugurate the new boards with a whole new thread?

Mass Effect: Terminus Relay

I'd like to get a feel for the play base and thier knowledge of the game, Mass Effect, before posting information. I will put up a few basic things, then once I have some players, I'll put up a brief introduction. It is my belief that most of the story should be In-Character, so my first few IC posts will contain the background for the main plot. I've been brewing a thread based off Mass Effect for a while and I think I'm ready to kick it off, thankfully, before the second game is released :)

First things first:

Code:
    Name:
    Race:
    Specilization:
    Description:
    Background:
    Again, once I get a feel for how many people are interested, I'll shoot out some more details. I'm not sure how many people have made the switch yet :) Just post if you're interested!
    Last edited by Shari Tana; 26-08-2008 at 00:11.

The Beginning - 2148
    In the year 2148, a science team excavating Mars found the ruins of a civilization that was discivered much later on to be Prothean. The discovery of these ruins led to the advancement of human technology by hundreds of years. It wasn't long before the discovery of a Mass Relay. These immense extra terrestial artifacts act as catapaults capable of lauching vessels across almost indefinate reaches of space by punching a hole through the space-time continuum. In other words, faster than light (FTL) travel. Thus, humanity entered into a whole new status among other galactic species.

The First Contact War - 2157
    Having attained this new ability to explore the galaxy at will, aggressive human colonization and expansion attracted the attention of the Turian race (photo). The Turian demanded they cease infringing upon territory claimed by other species. The humans, at his point, were somewhat naieve in thier understanding of just how late their entrace into the galactic community was. They refused, and hostilities began as the Turians defended and attempted to reclaim territories taken by humanity. The hostilities continue only for a few months before the Council, the ruling body of Citadel space - both of which the humans were unaware even existed - intervened.

Part of the Whole - 2165
    By 2165 the Council recognizes humanity as a power in the galaxy with enough influence to contribute to the government. They are granted an embassy in the Citadel, a planet-sized space station that serves as political and economic heart of the galaxy.

The Reaping
    (It would really be very much more beneficial to simply read the plot section of Wikipedia. It does a very good job of explaining the game's story. I pretty much would have just copied and pasted... The rest about the different races and such I will post, but if it catches your interest, feel free to explore the Wiki.

Bring Down the Sky
    In the Asgard system in the Skyllian Verge cluster, a group of Batarian terrorists took control of an asteroid being rerouted to orbit the planet Terra Nova, one of the largest human colonies. The asteroid was being moved into its new orbit by fusion jets, but the batarians seized control of the facilities controlling the jets and set it on a collision course with Terra Nova, home to over 4 million colonists. Believing the humans robbed them of space they owned (not a fact acknowledged by the Council), their leader, Balak set the plan in motion not long after Saren's defeat. And who better to send to fix the problem than the one responsible for stopping Saren? Commander Shepard arrived in time to shut down the fusion jets and spare the colony, but the batarians have made thier intentions clear.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Jonathan Thorn

I am interested. Don't know if this is too late. It'd be nice to get a thread going that has some simple, fun combat.

Name: Jonathan Thorn
    Race: Human
    Gender (if applicable): Male
    Specilization: Nemesis

Description: A wiry, pale soldier, it is clearly apparent that at one point he possessed the abilities of a warrior but has long been taken over by implants and biotic powers, giving him an ephemeral glow and ghostly presence. Although he is a hardened soldier, his powers have given him an immortal visage, an ageless quality that leaves one to question his intentions.

Background: Having been conscripted as a soldier when he was eighteen, he spent years aboard the exploratory vessel Prometheus traveling throughout geth occupied worlds, doing research on artifacts in the far reaches of the galaxy. Returning to the Citadel six years later, his father did not even recognize him, and immediately re-assigned him to a mandatory leave of absence and a desk job in military barracks, but it is clear to anyone that more lurks beneath Thorn's face, mysteries that often frighten people away from him and his deep eyes. Jonathan is loyal to his family though, as a proud military son would be, even if he may question his father's motives for keeping him close.

I'm willing to GM this thread if others show interest, but as you can see from the date on the second post, you're the first in a while to read it. I wasn't even done explaining the races or the specializaitions.

In any case, if others want to join, I'll post the rest of the info and see if we cant get it started.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Others, join! :D

I'll join this...should I send my character sheet now or later when we have enough people to solidify this thing?

This thread is 5 months dead. It's no longer accepting players.
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

Thread Information