Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intel accuracy

Intel accuracy

SoM can be translated easily by Angel if I first have a fresh CB formatted. But does Survey gives an accurate % of certain building type if it was gathered by 10 thieves only? Possible to translate it like SoM does?

I think survey are off. Far from sure thought. And if it is, its also possible to translate in the same way as SoM's, ive just never seen any program doing that.

Surveys are off, but generally give enough of an idea what a person has.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

If survey is off, how then can we get an accurate % of opponent's fort, GS or TG?

Post Fiend
    PM them and ask ffs

surveys give a list of buildings used, and an approx. percentage.

How different it can be? ~5%? Let's say it shows 10% Forts, should I estimate 15% just in case a fail attack?

well, you should't be judging attacks based on a survey anyways. Thats silly. CB + SoM is the way to go, if not multiple SoM's and a som calc

I have no problem with CB and SoM, it is Survey that finalizes the figure. I may have an accurate number of his troops away/at home but without an accurate number of his Forts %, I may fail my attack or at least oversent. Just wonder how everyone else does it?

Why need the exact amount of Forts? The effects of those are accounted for in the DE, isn't it?

Regular
    Yes, the CB includes all modifiers to total defense- Buildings, pay, spells, plague, etc etc. A survey is not needed for forts %. What a survey is good for is getting a rough picture of their build so you can plan from there.

If you're using the forts % in Angel, you're probably using the Bonuses tab. Don't do that to calc your attack, use the Gains or Military Efficiency tabs- both of those give the same number. Consider the Bonuses tab a sandbox of sorts. You can test, say, if you MV'ed MP, would you be able to break the target...

As far as im concerned, both cb's and 2*SoMs have everything included (forts, tw, mp... whatever).
    But if you REALLY want to know how much forts/gs's they have. I guess you could use a SoM-translator (like http://alliancerankings.com/som.php). Should be more or less the same thing.
    I would suggest that you put the number of forts/tg's (NOT the %-ages) into there, and then calc the %-age yourself. Think it likes bigger, even numbers better than small, uneven numbers.

Note: Ive never done this. So i dont take the responsibility for it.

Why 2*SoMs Someone?

Regular
    I think (hope) he means CB+SoM or SoM+SoM. For the former, you only need 1 SoM to translate a CB and get accurate numbers (if there aren't multiple armies out). The latter requires 2 SoMs to calc the total defense if you don't have a CB taken at the same time. In either case, a survey is not required to obtain accurate defense at home.

Doesn't just one SoM show if there are multiple armies out? Still don't understand why to do SoM twice. Please enlighten me!

Thread Information