Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Intel accuracy

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    hahaha the SoM+SoM that angel has that gives the the AvgSoM you take the numbers you got from the SoM+SoM and put them to the Cb you got. You only need one Cb and two SoMs. I hope that clears up things.
    i guess you could do that...
    seems like a complete waste tho....
    but please, feel free to waste all your mana/stealth on pointless ops/spells =)

Banned
    Well if you are going to do a SoM+SoM you need two anyways and you always get a Cb. So one might as well do (SoM+SoM) + Cb. Like I said before it only takes two SoMs and one Cb to do. If you are in war you want to have to best numbers you can get.

Sir Postalot
    you always get a Cb.
    only time i get a CB is OOW
    there is no point in war

Banned
    Sure there is a point in war . . . honor.

Sir Postalot
    Sure there is a point in war . . . honor.
    ok...
    a) CB'ing a prov doesnt give you honor
    b) you can see a prov's honor by looking @ kd page

and with GB prot almost nullified in war, you cant say you get it to check that...

Banned
    hahaha ofcourse not but one needs minimum a cb if they want to do an attack. And attacking is the road to honor. The trick is keeping one's honor.

Quote Originally Posted by vines
    hahaha ofcourse not but one needs minimum a cb if they want to do an attack. And attacking is the road to honor. The trick is keeping one's honor.
    You dont seem to get that you dont need a cb to calc someones exact def.

Banned
    One does not need a cb to get the exact numbers reguarding militry? How is that so? There only one way I know of to get correct numbers with out getting a cb and that's getting a survey of the land. The way that works is the survey takes the place of the cb and it looks like this
    [composite of the survey of land] = thresholds and boundaries of military potential ----> [military potential]; side note: I not going to show you guys how to get the composite of a survey :D.
    (SoM+SoM/2) = SoMAvg ----> [military potential] evaluate over (SoMAvg) = Military true numbers.
    The reason I say one needs a minimum of a Cb or survey +som to figure out a province's def is because if one knows a province max population one knows how much 60% draft is, how much 70% draft is, ect. Also one will also know how much def townwatch will be giving.
    Someone please show me how to cal. a province's exact def. without having a cb? This is something worth knowing.

Post Fiend
    vines there is only one way to get exact numbers and that is using a SOM+SOM translator (people gave you plenty links check them out). SOM generation is not random and using an algorithm, the translator can get the exact defense with only two SOMs (no CB). Sometimes you may need 3 or more SOMs. Anyway, the SOM translator is 100% accurate, while a CB+SOM is not. Survey is 100% useless if you want to determine enemy defense. Use Surveys only if you want to check enemy watch towers, schools, farms whatever.

Banned
    Yes I know it’s using probability. That’s what I’m doing too just to a higher degree. Like I said before we were in a war and the SoM+SoM was not working people were failing attacks and the Cb+SoM was not working also. So I started using Cb+SoMAvg and that was working for me. Then again they may have been cheating because after the war four of their strongest provinces died. I mean you should have seen the numbers we were getting the didn’t add up. One of our guys attacked a dude and sent 38kMODOFF and failed. I attacked the same dude within the same hour using Cb+SoMAvg and the number I got was 32.3 so sent 32.3 MODOFF and I got the message “Our army was victorious . . .”. Things were not adding up. This one guy attacked a guy of ours that had 45kdef at home and Cb+SoM and SoM+SoM read out that the guy that did the attack still had ~50k def at home when his whole army was only 8,000 5/5elite units. And a bunch of weird stuff like that was happening. Please explain to me how things like that are possible? I want to know.
    Last edited by vines; 30-08-2008 at 14:47.

Yes I know it’s using probability.
    No, it dont.

Please explain to me how things like that are possible? I want to know.
    You didnt use it properly? You messed it up? I dont know what youve been doing.
    I DO know that SoM+SoM-method, that is based on maths, works for the rest of the world.
    Someone please show me how to cal. a province's exact def. without having a cb? This is something worth knowing.
    already told you, use a SoM-translator.

Banned
    Oh my goodness what that program does is finds the AvgSoM. I never knew they had tools like that. However one still needs a cb or survey if you want to take in account town watch. Someone that program is doing probability avgerage. On the other hand when I use AvgSoM+CB = I'm also doing probability and will get pin-point accuracy because unlike that program you showed me my way takes into account the population. That's why I have only fail one attack this age and that was because I used only the AvgSoM and didn't take into account the population for province and it just happen so that the guy had town watch on. So now I always do SoMAvg + Cb. It never fails. However I did learn something for looking at that program and that is that I can find the SoMAvg just by using one SoM. The way that is done is by setting different ranges for the same SoM.
    Last edited by vines; 30-08-2008 at 15:59.

And by that you mean that vie failed all my attacks, both this age, last age, and the ages before that?
    You really dont get what that tool is doing... I can tell you, it has nothing to do with probablity. And as far as im concerned, it does take TW into account.

Banned
    It can't take TW into account you need population number for that to take place and SoMs don't give that kind of info. Only survay and Cb give that kind of inforamtion.

Actually, it does. And as far as im concerned, Survay doesnt give that kind of information? Especially as its inaccurate :)
    I use survey extremely seldom. Only thing its good for is to get toknow if an enemy use gs or wt's in their strats.

Thread Information