Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guardstations question

Post Fiend

Guardstations question

Does GS protect gold/food/runes as well as land?

Sir Postalot
    nope they dont

Post Fiend
    from the guide: Guard Stations Decrease Resource Losses when Attacked by % * 2

This means if someone plunders you, you will lose % * 2 less resources.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightphorge View Post
    from the guide: Guard Stations Decrease Resource Losses when Attacked by % * 2

This means if someone plunders you, you will lose % * 2 less resources.
    no it doesnt
    only applies to land

Post Fiend
    ok thanks!

I fricken love GS's I use 15% every war. Forts are so lame.

forts are way better than gs :s not getting hit > getting hit for a smaller amount.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Banned
    It depends on the strategy one is using. If one's army is fast TGs are better. If one's is going for raw size forts are better. There is more to it than that but that is it in a nut shell.

Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    It depends on the strategy one is using. If one's army is fast TGs are better. If one's is going for raw size forts are better. There is more to it than that but that is it in a nut shell.
    there is an optimisation with tgs and forts - running both is common, you just need to know how to balance it.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop
    forts are way better than gs :s not getting hit > getting hit for a smaller amount.
    i would say: Getting hit for smaller amount > not getting hit + friend getting hit for more

let your friend run forts too.

Forts will hardly prevent you from being hit. It is just a nice offensive boost, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadi View Post
    Forts will hardly prevent you from being hit. It is just a nice offensive boost, that's all.
    they will help you not get hit better than say, guardstations :p but aye, i wouldnt make being unbreakalbe with forts a strat.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    there is an optimisation with tgs and forts - running both is common, you just need to know how to balance it.
    We can talk about this forever. It is a complex question to answer. In some ways I agree with Bishop's statement above. For example, if I was running orc warrior I would make sure I have close to -50% attack time. So I would not be worry much about getting attacked because I can alway attack them more times than they can attack me as long as I'm gettng more land from my attacks I will be fine and GSs ensures that. However, if I were playing orc warrior 60% of my rawmilitary would make up elites this will allow for double taps; at the same time, this leaves me far too open even with GSs in place so I would also use forts and if I'm using forts you know I'm using TGs.

Post Fiend
    =)) And how do you plan on making your orc have clost to -50% attack time? You will get -15% from warrior but all the barracks in the world wont get you to -50%.

And a piece of paper and a pen are useful to determine an optimisation of tgs and forts :).

that is correct. imo, if you are in a warring kd you would rather use both GS and Forts.

Thread Information