Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guardstations question

Banned
    Arkangel I know your joking so I'm not going to answer that.

To get down under 50% atk-time, you need to be in war or in agressive stance. Else the closest you can get is 53%, and that is when you're having 50% rax.

Banned
    Okay an orc warrior can get ~36% lower attack time from just have 30% barracks add the -20% attack time one gets from being a warrior. That's 56%. Going into war that gives -10% to attack time so that's 66% lower attack time.

Moderator for:
    Earth
    Utopia

Uh, what? The only way to get -36% attack time with 30% barracks is if you have 114% BE. War gives -15%, not -10%. Finally, modifiers are multiplied, not added.

Banned
    Yeah? Damn I'm this Building calculator keeps giving me the wrong freaking numbers! Phoenix thanks for clearing that up.

if you are looking at maxing out your attack time you should consider elf or gnome so you can cast QF as well as warrior and barrack bonuses

i'd like to question why you'd need such quick attack times in the first place especially since the majority of the bonus would have to come from rax, and that as soon as you trad, your % of rax will drop and it would seem rather useless to wait 22 hrs to rebuild to max % if the idea is that you want to save time!

my suggestion is to stick with around 10% of TGs, forts, GS and rax of each anyways then bump the % up whatever you need, as required. all these buildings are useful if you are attacking regularly.

Yes, GS protect you from plunders.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Banned
    lewkus you make a good point, however, playing an orc warrior strategy with barracks it is more about the combination the orc warrior brings to the table when paired with Barracks. The +30% land, plague. War has changed the more attacks one does more honor one gets for example say the first attack an orc warrior only get 20 honor and he is going to be raped, however, by the time he makes his 15th attack he will be getting around 500 honor. By the time the orc makes his 30th attack he'll be getting around 1000 honor as long as the orc says the same networht as the opponent which the orc will because he will be getting hammered. Long wars are good for orcs they don't live for honor just the live blood of there foe.

Once more, vines speaks about things he has no idea about.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Uh, what? The only way to get -36% attack time with 30% barracks is if you have 114% BE. War gives -15%, not -10%. Finally, modifiers are multiplied, not added.
    I didn't caught this before. 36% + 20% = 56%
    You're timming them beacause they are being aplyed at different times however it still comes out to the same if you were to just do 56%. Lets see how that works shall we?
    10 days for an attack. 36% of that 3.6; 6.4 days 20% of 6.4 days is 1.28;
    5.12 wich is the MOD 56%

You're dumb again, vines, but no one's really surprised.
    Bonuses don't stack straight - they're multipliers.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Banned
    Dude what do you think I just did but I still call it 56% a MOD 56%.
    Read the damn post before you say something.

"I didn't caught this before. 36% + 20% = 56%"

That's uhhh, not multiplying, vines.
    Just so you know.

Banned
    Well really the 20% could come first so the -36% would be taken out 8. What the heck are you talking about when you say multiplying?
    Just so me the math you're using and rather than saying "multiplying".

36% + 20% = 48.8%

Thread Information