Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utopia = Dog eat dog?

Utopia = Dog eat dog?

I am playing in a kd where all my kd mates are much smaller than I am. The 2nd biggest attacker can hardy match 50% of my raw opa. That makes me a juicy target for suiciding Gnome and Orc. Sure enough I got hit by a suiciding Orc while I was having 80 mod dpa. He has something like 33 mod dpa left at home for 12 hours but no one in my kd are able to retaliate. They are simply too small at this point.

Now 1 kd is about to war us. They have 4 provinces smaller than me but capable of hitting me if they suicide, which will surely be the case if we entered into war! And I can only hit 1 of them at a time, nothing more. We are reluctant to war them, as they have both numbers and power. But I am face with a possible dilemma: if one of them suicide on my 2nd biggest province, I am the only one that can retal. If I do, they will chain me; if I do not, they will chain all other provinces.

I wish I can bring in outsiders in case they suicide, since we have no intention to war them at all yet they have no intention of accepting a CF: just simply making suicide attacks. My question is, where can I post or who can I call on since we are not part of any alliances? Should we go approach one alliance and be part of them just so they may watch our backs and make sure the other kd play fair? Which Alliance would you recommend? Any other solutions? Seriously, no individual kd/province can survive bullying anymore outside being part of an alliance? :/

Post Fiend
    how much bigger than you is the kingdom that's attacking you? You're best bet is to get the monarch to spread word to other kingdoms of appropriate size to wave the kingdom that is attacking you. If they do suicide against you, your best bet is always to return the attack.

33 DPA is suiciding now? :(

Ask/teach/help/make your kd mates get an adequate offense and grow. They are your best alliance. OR you can always wait for them to get to your size. That is, if you dont get forced down to theirs by "outside factors". (like wha'ts happening right now.)

It's not the enemy kd's fault that you are a target. I'ts your own kd's fault that your team cant protect you. Its either you got too big too fast or your kdmates didnt develope as fast as they should have.

Thats how utopia is played, you find advantages and you make use of them.

It's just how it is.

Regular
    Altough your situation is sad, tapsi has a good point.

Try not to outgrow the kd and help someone to get closer to you, really that is what you can/should do.

Quote Originally Posted by jon720 View Post
    I am playing in a kd where all my kd mates are much smaller than I am.
    Thats your problem right there. stop outgrowing your kingdom.

and calling in outside help is retarded. if i knew your loc id hit you myself.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Don't outgrow your kingdom.

Utopia is actually a cat eat dog world.

As for the conflict, that's business as usual. If they won't accept CF on any terms and you don't wish to war them, you retaliate. Retaliating a stronger kingdom is easier than warring them.

However, there is no such thing as suiciding. Suiciding means killing yourself, and if they don't die they're obviously not suiciding. There is nothing immoral or wrong about running 33 DPA, nor is it particularly low. It's just a strategy. There is something immoral about not keeping conflicts 1v1 though, that's a philosophy most kingdoms adhere to. If they leave 33 DPA and only you can hit them, then the problem is with your kingdom. Work on strengthening your kingdom and not just your province. Alternatively, if you feel they have little potential or desire for improving you can look for a stronger one.

I strongly recommend that you don't call in outside assistance against them like Nightphorge suggests, will give your kingdom a bad reputation. No decent alliance would want to intervene in that situation either.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

An alliance will be of no help to you.

true story, keep everything 1 v 1. Makes life easier on the whole.
    Utopia's a funny old place...

Post Fiend
    Stop playing gnome with full leets.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by jon720 View Post
    I am playing in a kd where all my kd mates are much smaller than I am. The 2nd biggest attacker can hardy match 50% of my raw opa. That makes me a juicy target for suiciding Gnome and Orc. Sure enough I got hit by a suiciding Orc while I was having 80 mod dpa. He has something like 33 mod dpa left at home for 12 hours but no one in my kd are able to retaliate. They are simply too small at this point.
    ok, 2 things

1) you have 80 dpa... WTF?!?!?
    either you're an all elite gnome or a seriously def heavy human
    2) if you cant double tap 33dpa back, then you clearly dont have enough offense!

and if you fix those 2 problems, you will be fine!
    (oh and get GS and rax!)

Quote Originally Posted by _greenie View Post
    ok, 2 things

1) you have 80 dpa... WTF?!?!?
    either you're an all elite gnome or a seriously def heavy human
    2) if you cant double tap 33dpa back, then you clearly dont have enough offense!

and if you fix those 2 problems, you will be fine!
    (oh and get GS and rax!)

I have over 80 dpa on my elf, with no forts and crap sci. Not that hard o.o 65 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by simon311A View Post
    I have over 80 dpa on my elf, with no forts and crap sci. Not that hard o.o 65 draft.
    not when you send out you dont, or else you suck ;)
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    not when you send out you dont, or else you suck ;)
    I think he was talking about while he was turtled though.

Thread Information