Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please rate Gnome A/T

Sry for that Astares :P
    I remember once i asked for help in the old Strategy-forum... It ended with 4 follow-ups filled with VT2 and Edz bashing eachothers.

ooh.. Deja-vu...

I think you could help youself by improving your raw TPA to around 4.5-5 : it seems a little excessive but in the waning days of war you will have a big adv over everyone else, especially if you've been pumping a little. 10 mod tpa is doable at end of war and you'll make a killing feeding on all the low tpa's out there.

^I also find the waning days of war the best time to improve my WPA. Propping DE's and whatever mystics, focusing on those with low WT's is a great way to kick yourself up a few notches. End of war is also good because typically you're not as worried about gains as snagging that honor.

As others have mentioned before, your sci's could use a little work. Pop sci is great for gnomes, and i'm a big fan of keeping the thief sci high (for reasons mentioned above) plus sci is really nice because it helps you more as you get chained down.

Overall though I'd say a pretty sexy prov, we just got OOW... I'll think about posting mine once I get pumped back up ~48% draft atm 8-/

Banned
    shank you said a lot of things that could work, however, in order for these things to work everything has to fall into place as you would assume it would. Many times that is not the case. I never let my rawtpa drop below 4. No matter how much land I gain. I take in account the land I will get and train that many thieves to maintain 4rawtpa. I kind of agree with your statement about war time being a good time to improve wpa. I'm going to go into any further then that. Really for me I really want to make it very hard for someone to take my honor by ops. If they want my honor they will have to take it from me in combat. However, most of time ones that like to take honor by ops alone don't like to get there hands dirty.

6 out of 10

If you're any good as an attacker your tpa will drop below 4 at some point during a solid war.
    "Oops..."

Back on topic ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by Astares View Post
    I don't understand a) why 100% BE isn't efficient
    in your case it might be worth it to take a 5% be drop (i.e from dropping your homes) in order to get 10% stables

b) why I should ditch all my banks, then use stealth to steal cash to train/build with when I have a pretty decent income that covers it nicely right now
    what are you doing with your stealth out of war? you should be using it to steal all your gc. in war you should use spec credits you have stocked up to train d spec (thus allowing you to send out more elites safely) and building credits to build key buildings - use your gc to try and keep your tpa topped up. those banks would be better used as stables or barracks i reckon.
    c) why I need even more TD when i'm already in double digit mod tpa. Please elaborate.
    more tds is ftw! 20% is a good number - remember, in a war you lose your tpa fast enough - more tds will help you keep it longer
    As for stables, I have been considering them. But i'm just not sure if it's worth the space for the extra offense, when i'll be losing something to gain it. I can already send 70 opa out and keep 55 dpa (actually 57) home.
    Draft is now at 70%
    stables work well for you - tgs mod your offense, but your off is only 5 raw off points - stick your guys on horsies and now your tgs are modding a 6 point offense. there is a balace between tgs, stables and, of course, forts. many nerds have made an optimiser for tgs/forts/stables - hopefully one will link you to theirs here :)

So, more sci (sci is always good, no matter what some ppl say ;)), raise your tpa to 4 minimum - about those elites you have im undecided. i like to overtrain elites oow and stock up free spec credits for in war - this ofc increases your nw but lets you train d spec quickly so you can keep attacking. the alternative is to run your minimum defense as d spec i.e 6 dspec an acre and the rest as elites and train o spec in war with credits - you wont have as many free credits stocked up though.
    Raise your draft to at least 70, and boost your wpa.

thats about it, certainly not the worst province i've seen, i expect it will be quite nice in a few days. good job :)
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information