Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Europe dissapear first?

Last edited by allonons; 31-08-2008 at 00:33.

Oh great, another moron who doesn't understand physics.

Look, even if the LHC creates black holes, they will be so small that they will evaporate due to hawking radiation right away.

negative they will feed on the radiation like they feed on all other energy sources.

PS:the initial creation of a black hole would expand to a 1 gram black hole in a matter of nano second,taking in hawkings numbers and applying it to the 1 gram black hole it would take 34 years to collapse.

Intial birth mass 1 gram
    The intial mass is 5.0E-34 solar masses
    Initial Schwarschild Radius is 1.4828E-28 centimeters
    Initial temperature is1.9999999999999998E27 Kelvin
    Initial surface area is 2.763E-55 Square centimeters
    Time to collapse 1.25E-34 years

Only it wont because it has a startup unlimited supply of food namely the milky way to consume befor Hawkings rads could over come to cool it down.If then!

Post Demon
    >Look, even if the LHC creates black holes, they will be so small that they will evaporate due to hawking radiation right away.<

There is ongoing scientific debate on the issue:

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/...808.1415v1.pdf

Thanks ya'll, I was feeling smart today. Until I read that. I really needed a reality check.

Do another bowl,it's all good.

Do you mean I needed to, or do it again?

But seriously, I meant that. Alas, I delved into the realm of construction out of neccessity and opportunity. I'm the guy who was in your house before you got there. Wierd huh? But I enjoy reading things that make me smarter, heck ultimately my goal is to be almost as smart as I think I am.

"negative they will feed on the radiation like they feed on all other energy sources."

Rofl! Dummest thing in the thread! According to allonons, the black hole will feed off of its own hawking radiation.

"the initial creation of a black hole would expand to a 1 gram black hole in a matter of nano second"

Oooh, a 1 gram black hole! That sounds so scarey! It's gravatational force must be so strong!

Well nice of you to add something constructive to the conversation The Truth,but
    through the quantum process known as Hawking radiation, black holes can actually lose mass by evaporating one member of a particle-antiparticle pair. The black hole radiates as a blackbody with a temperature inversely proportional to mass. Since black holes are extremely massive objects, they radiate at very low temperatures. For example, a solar mass black hole has a temperature of about 6*10^-8 K. By radiating particles, the black hole slowly loses mass until it completely dries up and disappears in a burst of energy.

A black hole, however, absorbs all incident radiation. The cosmic background radiation left from the Big Bang constantly feeds a black hole with energy. Since a black hole is continually absorbing the cosmic background radiation, it is constantly gaining mass. Consequently, a large enough black hole in a hot enough universe experiences a net gain in mass. High cosmic background radiation temperatures can easily feed a large black hole enough mass to overcome the virtually insignificant Hawking radiation.

Hawking radiation output will be consumed over and over again until the cooling process i.e.: lack of consumable radiation energy is not enough to maintain HR loss. On a solar mass that would take 15 billion years, on a 1 gram black hole that would take 34 years as I stated early, so to explain it so you can understand it, from the time of conception of a black hole it is constantly being fed more than it releases.

Put that in your theoretical pipe and smoke it.

Meh, not going to read all that.. Have to eat xD

Basically, u will need like all heavy water on Earth to make massive pressure that will create pressure higher than degenerated neutron force and to create black hole from some matter.

So, I don't think they will be able to create black hole in first place. And if they do, it will probably evaporate at the same moment (black holes evaporate faster when they are smaller).

Interesting thread, I'll read it whole when I return xD
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Thankyou allonons for telling me stuff about blackhole evaporation that I already know about.

Seriously, though, what makes you think that the black hole will be 1 gram in mass or that a 1 gram black hole will be big enough to goble anything up?

black holes can actually lose mass by evaporating one member of a particle-antiparticle pair
    OK I'm scared now
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Black hole consumption of all matter starts the instant of creation,it is an uncontrollable force,it feeds and burps non stop and the only time it stops is when there is nothing left to feed upon, and that’s is the only time H rads comes into play. Once it has nothing left to feed on, expulsion of H rads {which is the toxic waste of Black holes} becomes greater than the intake of matter and eventually there is nothing left but the remnants of H rads.

Unlike europe...

Thread Information