Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So what strat to run

If one's strategy is to have as much science as one can possibly get, then one will quickly discover that if one does not spend one's age constantly at war, merchant will give more science than sage, if combined with human, due to the extra income. One will not miss the learn-protection, because one knows that learn is a very weak attack, that's virtually useless these days.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

If you used to play halfer, you would be more at home with gnome. Gnome artisan is sort of the replacement for halfer freak. The only difference is the higher net worth of gnome elites vs. halfer elites. Changes in training grounds, stables, and dungeons will change your build strat a bit.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Banned
    Learn attack is not weak if a province has 500bpa in every science that is 3500bpa doing a learn attack on someone with that much science will get you up to 875bpa.
    That is where we disagree I think the 1 book for every 3 acres out weights the +15income in terms of getting books. And if you really are going to get a massive amount of science your science will need protection. As a sage if I saw someone with 3500pba with no protection I would learn them even if I got land taken it wouldn't matter to me I would just get the land back soon enough.

@Dolgil
    To be able to use Artisan in the same way as you used to use freak, you would need to have slightly more homes?

Banned
    It can't be done because when I played halfer/freak I used 50% homes. And at the time the elites were 4/4s and only cost 100gc. The next age they changed the freak to 7elites for one extra population and they made the price of the eiltes go up to 150gc. However, I can't remember if they aslo made the halfer's elite unit 5/5.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    It can't be done because when I played halfer/freak I used 50% homes. And at the time the elites were 4/4s and only cost 100gc. The next age they changed the freak to 7elites for one extra population and they made the price of the eiltes go up to 150gc. However, I can't remember if they aslo made the halfer's elite unit 5/5.
    *head desk*

halfer elites were 5/4 for 3.75 nw and 150gc
    i played them for 5 ages straight =)

Whoo! Woo! 100
    Quote Originally Posted by _greenie View Post
    *head desk*

halfer elites were 5/4 for 3.75 nw and 150gc
    i played them for 5 ages straight =)
    LOL, where's that ascii art?

Banned
    Oh that's right after I did my halfer/freak with 50% homes the next age they changed them to 5/4s and 150gc. Yeah, it was shocking the population a halfer/freak with 50% homes could get. Thanks for reminding me. Long time ago forgot.

It's shocking how you come up with this stuff.

Banned
    CheeseMelts I just have a good mind for strategy. The very first age halfers had cheap elites it was for 100gc and 4/4. I was able to gain almost two million net worth in one day. But my kingdom told me to stop growing so I did. That record will never be matched again. When one would check who was using what race/ personality. It showed about 20 of the players were freak halfer and out of that 20 maybe 3 were not farms. The very next age freak halfer became a very popular combo.
    Last edited by vines; 02-09-2008 at 01:11.

Sir Postalot
    CheeseMelts I just have a good mind for strategy. The very first age halfers had cheap elites it was for 100gc and 4/4. I was able to gain almost two million net worth in one day. But my kingdom told me to stop growing so I did. That record will never be matched again. When one would check who was using what race/ personality. It showed about 20 of the players were freak halfer and out of that 20 maybe 3 were not farms. The very next age freak halfer became a very popular combo.
    ok...
    2 mil nw in a day...

*gives troll a cookie*

Banned
    Yup I went from 1mill to a little over 3mill in under 24 hours.

Whoo! Woo! 100
    Yup I went from 1mill to a little over 3mill in under 24 hours.
    Pfft... I went from 1.5 million to 4 million in under 20 hours.

Psssshtgffpp.... 1.1 million to 4.3 million in under 19 hours.
    "Oops..."

Yeah, you have to use homes. Artisan homes hold ten extra pop. That makes 11.5 extra for gnome. Add some sci and you can get high amounts. I wouldn't use 50% homes like vines does, but you can easily get 32 or so pop per acre. 20% homes gives 31. lord honor would get you to 31.6. 2% increase in housing sci would get you over 32.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Thread Information