Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Human Sage build

Banned

Human Sage build

A fresh-faced kid walks in. He looks around and sees a lot of people discussing strategy. After many hours of hearing and learning different strategies. He is tired and a little over whelmed by it all. Suddenly his eyes catch a man kicking back on a water bed while being feed grapes by a woman in a bikini and fanned by another bikini clothed woman. The kid starts to walk to the man. As the kid nears closer to the man he is stopped by a veteran. Concern comes across the veteran’s face, “Kid, are you sure you want to talk to the king . . . he can be a monster.”
    “Yes I want to.”
    Sympathy becomes the veteran, “Okay.” The veteran lets the kid pass.
    In a trembling voice the kid talks to the man, “Ca--can you help m--me?”
    Without looking at the boy, “What do you want to do?”
    “I don’t know. I want a strong province. I hear people say is science is must in any province. Maybe I want to be a sage.”
    The man looks at the kid, “Nah, you don’t want science only the weak depended on it . . .”
    The kid concentrates on every word the man says writing everything down and noding his head to everything the man says, “The strong are strong. The weak are weak, and if you are strong you do not need science--” The man stops in mid sentence. The wide-eyed and trusting nature of the kid do something to man. The man snaps his fingers. The two women walk away. “Okay, you said you wanted to play as sage. I got something for ya. I’m only saying this once.” The man talks to the kid and the kid listens . . .
    This is what I’m thinking a good mix for you is human sage. This is how I would do it.
    Being a sage I will get a book for every 3acres of land very day. That’s out to the same amount of books if one were to have a sustained research rate. So from the first day the sage begins making science. First thing is first set draft to 30% then set research to minimal rate.
    OOP
    Homes: 20%
    Reason: this will allow me to have 50% draft with out my RAWBE going down.
    Farms: 6%
    Banks: 14%
    Armories: 10%
    Guilds: 10%
    Tower: 5%
    Libraries: 15%
    Schools: 20%
    **important notes**
    No need to speed rush my buildings.
    Don’t for get about training all available soldiers at the 20th hour just before oop.
    Strategy for my science growth
    After the 20th hour I will set my research rate to sustained. I need to get 8bpa in Tool science and food science. Researching both of these sciences at the same time will allow me to only need 6% farms. Once I learn 8bpa in both sciences I will continue to study tool science while putting pause on my study of the food science. The amount of science that was going into the study of food science will now go in to the study of alchemy. Once I have learned 8bpa in alchemy I will put on pause the study of alchemy and put the science resources I was putting into alchemy into housing science. I will keep studying tool science . . .
    “Okay kid that should help you get off to a good start.”
    “What about a war build?”
    The man gives a small chuckle, “I can’t play the game for ya kid. Just remember for a war build go for the most aggressive play style that allows for the best defense in terms of both tpa/wpa and opa/dpa. For the human sage this means maximizing the oomph of the sciences.”
    The kid nods and smiles at the man. The man does not return the smile. The man pats the kid on the head, “Go get’em tiger.”

Post Fiend

Not sage

Restart, pick Merchant. The sustained rate does not take 15% of your income.

Whoo! Woo! 100
    Could you please stop terrorizing the forums? Honestly, you are worse than EdzLegend.
    Last edited by MikeTyson; 01-09-2008 at 23:53.

Banned
    That's all fine. You pick merchant no one said you had to use this strategy.

Why didn't the king explain why 1/92 = 0.92?

Post Fiend
    Lol!!!

Would like to make a note on that, vines. Opa/dpa is far from everything in this game. Since gains are nw-based, opnw/dpnw are at least more important. Probably much more important.
    Anotehr note, niether of those numbers are really the most important thing in this game. You can build a prov with 8% farms, and the rest split into tg's/forts. You will probably have much higher numbers than everyone else, but you will be far from the best built prov. Rax/gs/wts/hospitals are also extemely important. They wont show up in your numbers, not in your cb. But its those buildings that can make a real difference in a war (for example).

But its a pretty nice story anyway :)

Banned

A master in the making . . .

Someone steps out from the shadows. The shifty fellow stops the kid, “Hey kid let me tell you Opa/dpa is far from everything in this game. Since gains are nw-based, opnw/dpnw are at least more important . . .”
    The kid listens to the hoodlum with eagerness, “Using the King’s build you will probably have much higher numbers than everyone else, but you will be far from the best built prov. Rax/gs/wts/hospitals are also extremely important. They wont show up in your numbers, not in your cb.”
    The hoodlum slides back into the shadows. The kid now seems confused. So he goes back to the man tells him what the hoodlum had told him.
    “Kid, haven’t I taught you anything(?) You can’t listen to garbage that people feed you. Using the strategy I helped you out with is optimized by keeping a minimum of 110opamod/110dpamod. Now listen kid this is the tricky part that trips up new guys. Types of militaries that make up over 95% of the utopia world are 65opa/65dpa or 80dpa/80dpa. The people your same land size that are running 65opa/65dpa you will be able to tell they are because there net worth will be much lower than yours you need not worry about them in wartime. People the same land size running a 80dpa/80dpa will be closer in net worth to you and maybe a little problem so tap them at the start of the war that will keep them from causing any trouble on your province latter on in the war. Now listen up it gets even trickier. Now in war always attack provinces the same net worth more or less. Lucky for you using my strategy optimizing with a minimum of 110opa/110dpa the provinces that will be the same size in net worth will be provinces 100acres-400acres larger running 80opa/80dpa, or 65opa/65dpa. This will put you in a unique position. When a province of the same net worth attacks and they will because it is war. You attack them and attack only if you can keep a minimum of 50dpa at home. This will keep the provinces that are the same land size from being able to attack you and the provinces the same net worth will not attack you because it will leave them too open for attack and because you are much smaller in land you have much less land to give thus they will take less land and in the end will be open for heavier loses. All in all always keep an eye on your opponent’s military happenings. This can be done by frequently getting SoMs and surveys. It is always good to know if someone is changing there build or military. Building new or more; Tds, Tgs, Forts, Guilds, or a heavy amount of elites. These kinds of ‘turtle’ actions usually can’t happen unless the province has a reserve of gold already or aid was given. With the strategy I helped you out with you will be able to turtle with out aid or having a gold reserve due to the strong econ your province will have. On a side note the modifications that forts and Tgs add do show up on a cb.
    There is another technique call hiding. This technique allows a province to be very deceptive. However that lesson is not important for someone learning the ropes. Another important thing to remember is always use forts and Tgs in times of war. Swap the Banks and Arms. for Forts and Tgs.”
    The man pauses for moment in deep thought, “Hey kid don’t let Someone like that guy you met confuse you. He’s the type of player that has been around a long time and by all means he is skilled. He knows everything about the game so there is nothing he can learn from the game. He has reached his limit and doesn’t understand why.” The man looks the kid straight in the eyes, “Promise me kid, don’t become Someone that knows it all.”
    The kid nods his head.
    “Okay, now go play the game.” The man give the kid a friendly smile, “Maybe one day we’ll be rivals and you‘ll teach me something.”

OOC: Someone I’m sorry but I had to do it for saying noobish things that are only meant to confuse people.

1) I never said i knew everything about the game. I know very well that i know quite little, compared to many. Or did you ever see me saying "I know everything so listen to me", in the fasion your character do?

If you are such a threat, people will make sure you are unable to attack. At least if youre warring a above average-good kd. I never said running high nwpa is a bad thing. You just have to make sure that you have a off/def/wpa/tpa in proportion to it.

And you really dont seem to get what i meant about buildings... Nor off/def...

Banned
    Land adds more to net worth than military units do so the more military per acre the better off one is. You are saying thing that will only confuse people. On a side note learn from the above. That is the strategy I would use if I was playing human. Study the strategies of others to learn what makes them strong once you figure that out you will see the weaknesses of the strategy. Ofcourse I know weakness of all the strategies because they are mine. I made them so I understand them. You say there people more skilled than you why is that what are differences in their styles that make them more effective? Ask your self these kinds of questions when you are faced against an opponant that seems to have the edge. Figure out what is giving the opponant the edge and once you figure that out can being to see what must be done to take that edge away.

Whoo! Woo! 100
    You are out of character.

The king says to the kid, "Land adds more to net worth than military units do so the more military per acre the better off one is. You are saying thing that will only confuse people. On a side note learn from the above. That is the strategy I would use if I was playing human. Study the strategies of others to learn what makes them strong once you figure that out you will see the weaknesses of the strategy. Ofcourse I know weakness of all the strategies because they are mine. I made them so I understand them. You say there people more skilled than you why is that what are differences in their styles that make them more effective? Ask your self these kinds of questions when you are faced against an opponant that seems to have the edge. Figure out what is giving the opponant the edge and once you figure that out can being to see what must be done to take that edge away."
    Like a bolt from the blue, Mike Tyson appears before the king and bites his head off.

Banned
    The man turns to disgruntle member, "Yo Mike stop being a dumb ass."
    The man walks back to his water bed and beings to be rubbed down by his bikini clothed women.

Whoo! Woo! 100
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    The man turns to disgruntle member, "Yo Mike stop being a dumb ass."
    The man walks back to his water bed and beings to be rubbed down by his bikini clothed women.
    Can't happen. You don't have a head. You are defying logic once again, just like the time you said 1/92 = .92.

Banned
    Some gnome tried to op me. Tried to op me. It took me a few tries to get his SoM however the poor guy has a huge networth(close to my networht) for his land yet his military is kind of small. It is small enough to where if I wanted to I could TM him for a good amount of land with his whole army at home and still have 60-65 dpa at home. I mean really how did this guy get such a high net worth and yet have such weak military? And my kingdom just started waving on our war target too. That gnome got so lucky.

Stop posting your wet dreams on the internet.

Thread Information