Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Viable low NWPA bank/suicider?

Post Fiend

Viable low NWPA bank/suicider?

I was thinking of how gains are based on networth and to reduce nwpa to decrease you networth.

It's a half joke/half just try it for kicks type of build.

What did I come up with?
    Run barren lands!!!

I did a simulated build for Dwarf Merc (Only worked for age 37 but I hope the figures are right.

Goal? Just whore gold and resources but instead of being a BIG BANK, lure in stupid people to try and bottomfed you, causing low gains, high attack times and be able to just take hits. Basically a tank.

Build?

Dwarf Merc/Artisan

33% Barren Land
    20% Banks
    10% Farms
    7% Towers
    10% Guilds
    10% Forts
    10% Watchtowers

Strat? Run all defence @ 50% draft. @ 120% BE you'll get 10k specs
    which is around 60k def or 0.5454... DPN. Very high.

110k NW for 1k . Not bad since everyone should be about 140-200 mid age :P.

Try not to put sci but sci is like 5% income, 5% BE and maybe 1% pop.

Supply your friends with runes, solds, food and gold :P. Send 2k solds to lose 3k nw! :P

Problems? To be viable you have to be significantly smaller than your average prov in all your kd. Your not gonna supply much if your TOO small, but if you get too big you can't defend yourself because your teammates can't do the same.
    This is more of a joke for those who are bored and lure noobs into attacking with high attack time and into fog for low gains.

Banned
    Why would you keep barren land. You know if someone attacks you the land is taken evenly from all the acres you have built up. The way I see it is just letting your province be 30% weaker by not building up that land.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    Why would you keep barren land. You know if someone attacks you the land is taken evenly from all the acres you have built up. The way I see it is just letting your province be 30% weaker by not building up that land.
    actually barren land is better than homes, as long as you arent worried about BR =)

1 barren acre = 15nw for 15 pop
    1 home = 55 nw for 33 pop
    2 barren acres = 30 nw for 30 pop

>TehDudeAbides
    its mildly viable, but the only low NWPA prov ive seen work is when humans had 2/2 sols with agression (for 3/1) for 1.5 nw
    i played a 60 nw/a human then with ~35 mod opa
    was lots of fun actually, as long as you didnt let your sols get NS'ed
    (this was before NS hit army away)

also, with orc's often putting out close to 0.5 opnw quite easily, they only need to be 10% bigger than you to break you, which means they are hitting ~88% of thier nw, sounds good to an orc ;)

Banned
    Anyone that is new to the game reading greenie’s post don’t be fooled by it. Say one has 50 unbuilt land that will give one 750 population and it will lower one’s Building Efficiency by a lot so now all the affect one gets from one’s building is lowered. Now lets what would happen if one were to build the 50 acres of land as homes that will give one 1650 population and the homes will keep RawBE at it’s maximum. The person that built up the 50 acres into homes can train 1000 of that population into military and leave the other 650 as part of the work force meaning more money and more money means one can retrain lost military due to battle more readily. The province with homes will be higher in net worth, however, it won’t mean a think if the province with homes wanted to attack the province with barren land because the province with the 50 barren land will not be able to attack or defend as well as the province that built up the land into homes due to the fact at barren land will give you smaller population and lower BE.

Post Fiend
    thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

Banned
    Don't post if you have nothing to say about the topic it is rude to the maker of the thread and people comments that don't have to do with anything. If you disagree with my comment reguarding homes vs barren land. State your case.

Whoo! Woo! 100
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaIsGay View Post
    thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard.
    No, I don't think anything is stupider than 1/92 = .92. Except maybe 1/92 = 1.092.

Post Fiend
    lol true, i stated my opinion vines, thats what forums are for noob.

Banned
    However your opinion had nothing to do with the topic. I'm done talking about it. Take it or leave it.

Won't barren lands increase BE because they add to population but not to number of jobs?

Veteran
    So what you have is a small province with 20% banks and 50% draft rate which is supposed to supply your KD mates with an abundance of cash and other resources. And you think that an enemy would consider this province enough of a threat to bother doing anything to damage it?

Sir Postalot
    er... vines...
    BE is based on built land, that arent homes
    yes, you wont be as strong in building effects as one with homes
    (cause you need 2 barren acres to equal 1 acre of homes)
    so you need double the number of acres as barren as you would homes, and overall this would (slightly) reduce your building effects, but at the same time it would reduce your overall nw

EXAMPLE
    10% homes
    10% farms
    10% banks
    20% TG's
    20% forts
    10% guilds
    10% towers
    10% stables

total land nw/a = 55
    pop/acre = .1 * 33 + .9 * 25 = 25.8

if you take that out to 20% barren, taking into account that barren acres produce SOME food each

20% barren
    7% farms
    9% banks
    18% TG's
    18% forts
    10% guilds
    9% tower
    9% stables

average land nw/a = .2 * 15 + .8 * 55 = 47
    pop/acre = .2 * 15 + .8 * 25 = 23

therefore you need 10% more land (at those numbers) to get same pop
    so 1000 acres @ 55 nw/a VS 1100 @ 47 nw/a
    also, the other trade off is (for max BE which you seem to love)
    1000 acres & homes requires 15030 jobs & 55,000 nw
    1100 acres & barren requires 14696 jobs & 51,700 nw

so you actually get more pop (~330 more) for army, for lower land nw, and 100% BE
    Last edited by _greenie; 03-09-2008 at 05:31.

Banned
    I was about to post this post and I noticed greenie posted something. I really don't know what greenie is trying to say or the point he is making. I will just post the post I was going to post any ways and maybe this will clear somethings up.
    Any building that is not being worked will lower BE. In the case of land with homes on it the job of a home is to house people just being built a house fulfills its job. If an acre of land has a building that has job spots unworked then that building becomes a little less effective. If the number of all available jobs goes below 67% one's BE will being to drop. Now having barron doesn't mean one's BE will drop. If one has 100% jobs fill then one can have up to 67% of all his or her land barren. In fact this is a tactic I used in the last war we were in. Inorder to keep from out growing our opponats I left all the land I gained through attacks unbuilt. At the end of the war about 40% of my land was barren land. My BE did not drop because I had all my jobs filled. One unit of barren land counts as if a 100% of the jobs on that acre of land are not being work so if you can keep 100% jobs fill one can have up to 67% barren land.
    BE is not about the amount land built. BE is about the amount jobs filled.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    I was about to post this post and I noticed greenie posted something. I really don't know what greenie is trying to say or the point he is making. I will just post the post I was going to post any ways and maybe this will clear somethings up.
    Any building that is not being worked will lower BE. In the case of land with homes on it the job of a home is to house people just being built a house fulfills its job. If an acre of land has a building that has job spots unworked then that building becomes a little less effective. If the number of all available jobs goes below 67% one's BE will being to drop. Now having barron doesn't mean one's BE will drop. If one has 100% jobs fill then one can have up to 67% of all his or her land barren. In fact this is a tactic I used in the last war we were in. Inorder to keep from out growing our opponats I left all the land I gained through attacks unbuilt. At the end of the war about 40% of my land was barren land. My BE did not drop because I had all my jobs filled. One unit of barren land counts as if a 100% of the jobs on that acre of land are not being work so if you can keep 100% jobs fill one can have up to 67% barren land.
    BE is not about the amount land built. BE is about the amount jobs filled.
    um. barren acres have 0 jobs, just like homes... so in that respect they are EXACTLY THE SAME

and this:
    One unit of barren land counts as if a 100% of the jobs on that acre of land are not being work so if you can keep 100% jobs fill one can have up to 67% barren land.
    is possibly one of the weirdest things i have ever read in my life

Post Fiend
    I changed the buildings a bit for more gold.

This is what it looks like.
    Dwarf ART.

Buildings Report of TehDudeAbides (Not Real:Fake)
    [http://www.utopiatemple.com Angel v1.92 Beta]

Server: World of Legends (Age 40)
    Ruler Name: Lord TDA
    Personality: The Artisan
    Race: Dwarf
    Building Efficiency: 120%
    Kingdom Stance: Normal

1. Farms: 40 (4%)
    2. Banks: 250 (25%)
    3. Forts: 100 (10%)
    4. Guilds: 100 (10%)
    5. Towers: 85 (8.5%)
    6. Watchtowers: 100 (10%)

Total Land: 1,000 Acres (67.5% built)

** Effects Summary (Available Buildings Only) **
    1. Produce 4,850 bushels (6,063 with FL)
    2. 9,375gc, +28.13% income
    3. +16.2% defense bonus
    4. Training about 3 wizards per hour
    5. Produce 1,275 runes per hour
    6. Thieves: 21.6% catch, -32.4% damage

You only need 6733 pessies to get 100% and you have around 8k even @ 1tpa and 1wpa. You can get 1-2 WPA or TPA if you really want.

You make about 32k per tick @ 1k. That's better than a Elf. Turn FL on a bit and you'll get a large surplus. (you need 5425 to survive)
    The amount of runes is double what someone in war would make.
    The whole point is that people don't take you as a threat but you can slip under the radar. Raise draft to 55-60% in war and supply solds and cash.
    You won't be able to fund the whole KD and I wouldn't expect to.

The whole 8/2 ORC thing does ruin this though.

It's just a bit of fun while I'm bored :P.
    Last edited by TehDudeAbides; 03-09-2008 at 06:58.

Thread Information