Thread: Hello! Advice regarding a Ghetto KD

Enthusiast

Hello! Advice regarding a Ghetto KD

Hello!
    I'm on WoL on a "ghetto" KD. It started out poorly, us being merged with another KD and the confusing was high.
    The Monarch in the KD i was in before the reset, managed to take charge and issued out some orders, one of them OOP acre limit.
    It was on 700acres which i manage to get to, however several other Provinces ignored it and grew beyond it.
    When OOP came these guys were the first hit within the hour. It later turned out they were Farms/Multi whatever you name it.

In the course of these weeks, we have killed at least 10 provinces, all of them turning out to be farms. We've gotten to the point where our votes to the Monarch in charge isn't enough from the active people, due to the amount of new players coming in and not voting, most likely farms again.
    They all follow the same script;
    -Either new account or defection.
    -Not posting (or if posting gets a few days of freebie. However we've gotten to the point that as soon as a new player gets flagged inactive, we start to raze as it's no use.)
    -Not voting (We had no monarch several times already)

This is pretty saddening. I played several years ago, 2003 and back, and I can't remember this happening so frequently. Sometimes a farm came up here and there, but this experience is ridiculus.
    The people currently active, which the KD evolves around, is getting a bit frustrated. Yes patience is needed, we all got it, but does it really need to get to the point where 1 out of 10 provinces isn't a farm?

If you aren't willing to be in the KD, why not just delete or defect when you go OOP?

/venting off
    Thanks for your time. Any advice is welcome.

Post Fiend
    How many "real" people in your kd?

Start a war and then the farms will have a harder time.
    If they don't pimp, they = farm.

Use the war to get honor, get rid of farms and that way you get more votes.

Enthusiast
    We got 9 active people for sure.

We actually did have a war, which we lost horribly, but due to it, was able to find 4 inactives/farms, that we later killed. However during the war the provinces getting most hits were the actives one (duh), sure the farm were getting hits too, but the enemy KD wanted a win i guess, so they didn't really bother with our farms.

Does your kd have posted kd rules? If not, I suggest you guys get some lined out and have the mon post a sticky thread titled kd rules. Stuff like activity levels, whether your kd uses pimp to share intel/record ops (be careful with this one as you cannot make demands to use pimp, but can request such, and if you state the reasons why a prov should use pimp (benefit the kd and be part of team), then you can raze them as not fitting in with the team play of the kd), whether your kd is a warring kd or exploring kd, etc. New members to the kd then have the ability to see that the kd is organized, even if small in numbers, what is expected and desired, etc. Included in these rules can be that all provinces vote for a monarch.

Also, decide on a kd goal for the age. Example, if you are a warring kd, you might say something like "The kd goal is to have 5 wars this age" or "one war win this age" or something not too easily acheivable, then shoot for it.

Finally, if anyone doesn't want to follow these rules, give them the option of shaping up, shipping out or being killed. Yes, you are correct that it will take some time to build a kd around your core players now there, but you will find that more provs will either go inactive while "awaiting activation" and eventually be mehuled, or will delete/defect before you have to speak to them.

- Kill inactives
    - Set rules for actives
    - Keep at least 12 province locations in your kingdom at end of age regardless of farm or not. (less chance of kd merging into another ghetto)
    - require hotmail contacts of each province
    - Find war

If you really do get that many fake provinces (combined with inactive/uncooperative provinces) then you have a major problem. If your kingdom's morale still holds up, keep killing inactives/farms at high speed and maybe you'll gradually improve. Turn it into a little contest to see who can burn most acres.

Also, support suggestions on B&S to make it easier to get rid of bad players.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Post Fiend
    I should not be so hard to for Utopia to prevent ppl from having more then 1 province per IP. Just ban everyone with multi provinces.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadewah View Post
    Hello!
    I'm on WoL on a "ghetto" KD. It started out poorly, us being merged with another KD and the confusing was high.
    The Monarch in the KD i was in before the reset, managed to take charge and issued out some orders, one of them OOP acre limit.
    It was on 700acres which i manage to get to, however several other Provinces ignored it and grew beyond it.
    When OOP came these guys were the first hit within the hour. It later turned out they were Farms/Multi whatever you name it.

In the course of these weeks, we have killed at least 10 provinces, all of them turning out to be farms. We've gotten to the point where our votes to the Monarch in charge isn't enough from the active people, due to the amount of new players coming in and not voting, most likely farms again.
    They all follow the same script;
    -Either new account or defection.
    -Not posting (or if posting gets a few days of freebie. However we've gotten to the point that as soon as a new player gets flagged inactive, we start to raze as it's no use.)
    -Not voting (We had no monarch several times already)

This is pretty saddening. I played several years ago, 2003 and back, and I can't remember this happening so frequently. Sometimes a farm came up here and there, but this experience is ridiculus.
    The people currently active, which the KD evolves around, is getting a bit frustrated. Yes patience is needed, we all got it, but does it really need to get to the point where 1 out of 10 provinces isn't a farm?

If you aren't willing to be in the KD, why not just delete or defect when you go OOP?

/venting off
    Thanks for your time. Any advice is welcome.

This is one of the reasons why I proposed to remove new inactive provs qquicker. The ghettoes are swarming with inactives, they might activate their prov, the might not. Either way, it takes time to get rid of them.

Ppl in protection should be deleted after 2 days inactivity.
    ABS vs Rangers

Just ride the lightening brother!

Last age we were down to 12 people total and sitting in the bottom 50 KD's. We got a couple of defects/new account and vacation mode carried them over the next age. Now we have 22 people all on 1k - 1100 acres with 19 attackers/hybrids and no one (expect KD's that would crush us) will war us.

Amazing how things can change if you have patience and perseverance!

Post Fiend
    Wait a min. Weren't you the one Recruiting for a all New Zealander Kingdom?

Don't you mean Amazing how things can change when you recruit! hehe.

stoffi
    we all know why you want them to die faster ;)

It also helps to have some sort of newbie manual so that you don't end up with too many rainbow strat people.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Yea but it was like a ghost town I got 0 Recruits! Want to apply for citizenship?

Thread Information