Thread: Deciding 2008

Post Fiend

Deciding 2008

If you plan on voting in the 2008 presidential election, which you really should be, more then likely you feel you have to choose between the lesser of 2 evils. You can either choose Barack Obama or John McCain. My question is, why?

Why would you want 4 more years of empty promises and more declining progress? Thats what you'll get if you elect Barack Obama or John McCain. Both of these men are horrible choices and I'm sure some of you cringe at the thought of either having to vote McCain or Obama simply because you don't like the other.

What few people know right now though, due to very little media coverage, is that there is indeed a 3rd candidate for president, and that is Libertarian Bob Barr.

Bob Barr is not afraid to cover all of the topics. He knows the issues and he knows what he wants to do to solve the problems that we face. If you haven't noticed yet, neither Barack Obama or John McCain has really talked about all of the issues that we face, and when they have covered some of them, they promise a lot, but give no actual plan to accomplish their goals.

Both Barack Obama and John McCain want to increase the size of our government, spend more money, ignore our debt problems, and impose the government's will on everyone's personal life. Bob Barr believes that an individual has rights and liberties, and that the government is here to represent and protect you, not dictate to you how you live your life.

I urge everyone to vote for Bob Barr come election day in November if you are interested in some real change. Bob Barr has a stance on every major issue we face with a plan for each one. I encourage everyone to do their own research and decide for themselves if Bob Barr represents their best interests.

If you don't vote, you should really consider registering and voting this year, it matters more then you know. It's easy to say, well one vote doesn't matter, or it doesn't matter who is in office, its all going to be the same. It matters because it can change your lifestyle depending on who is elected. Big government and big spending takes money and liberties from you, even if you don't vote. Bob Barr is for small government and will reduce your taxes, putting more money in your pocket and giving you more control over your life.

A vote for a 3rd party candidate is not wasted, it is a vote for true change. The leading reason why your vote matters though, if Bob Barr gets at least 5% of the total vote, he will secure Libertarian access to the ballots and will help establish a stronger position for the Libertarian Party, no vote is wasted. Both Barack Obama and John McCain are highly unpopular, don't let the polls fool you; with the right attention, Bob Barr can be your next President.
    Universal Soldiers IMP
    http://usimp.earthstats.net
    The Broken Spectrum
    http://brokenspectrum.com

Post Fiend
    The problem is the political process needs a complete overhaul and people need to start thinking for themselves instead of along party lines.

Until something is done about it anything other than a Rep or Dem vote is really just throwing a vote away. And if too many do that you could end up with the worst of the 2.

Post Fiend
    They're both horrible and its not good if either of them are elected, so why is throwing your vote to who you believe should be the President a waste?
    Universal Soldiers IMP
    http://usimp.earthstats.net
    The Broken Spectrum
    http://brokenspectrum.com

Post Fiend
    Is your vote going to really count for anything then? Both can't be equally bad. One has to have just an edge over the other.

Look, I wish other parties were viable but at the presidential level they are not. We need more of them at a local level before you will ever see one a President. Start at the bottom and work up. You'll never get what you want trying to go from the top down.

A vote for the third wheel is usually a vote for the greater of the 2 evils you otherwise would choose from.

I personally find this far more important to consider than anything else. Because in reality he is nor will he ever be more than a third wheel, a non-candidate. If you think mccain is better than obama but still dislike them both enough to vote for someone irrelevant your indirectly support obama and vice versa.

Even i, from the other side of the world, can tell there are only two alternatives out there. One of the two (Obama, McCain) will be president soon. Dont be stupid enough to support the one you dont like by not voting for the other one.

Thread Information