Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: stay small

Because you'd be wasting a slot.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    Because you'd be wasting a slot.
    Most kingdoms have empty slots. So I would not be waisting anything. We had 3 to 5 empy slots since the beginning of this age.

Means you really had 4 to 6 empty slots since the beginning of the age, since you've never done anything for your kingdom.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Fiend
    Well I have done things for my kingdom I have taken my fair shair of hits in the only war we hav fought and lost so far. Me taking hits means other provinces will stay stronger. I was agianst going to war since I knew we would lose it so it was rather pointless.
    We went from 3.000.000 to 2.400.000 networth in the war, also from about 1000 acre average to about 700. So this whole war was a rather pointless exercise. The only thing I think we all learned from it I hope is that we should not war at all.

Postaholic
    u cant.

if u login once a day, u will get at least 5 daily acres. that means over the course of an age (usually about 100 days), there will be approx 500 acres from daily 5 acre. and u start with 400, so u'll end up with 900 acres even if u never attack and never explore

Post Fiend
    True I had not thought about that. It makes my plan even better. 900 acre at the end of an age is bigger then I have ever been at the end of an age. It will give new meaning to turtle-ing.

Right now my province is about 580 acre with a 70k networth.

Veteran
    Useless waste of space ^^

Postaholic
    omg just stfu 01, if you wanna go hide in some ghetto do it.

We dont want to know about ur idea of fun.

I find this attitude very strange. It's a strategy/war game. Yet here are people that more or less don't play, just exist. Seems to me playing like that has all the excitement of watching grass grow.

Is there a social aspect here to overrides things?

I had a player once who said he was a leader of some alliance. He turtled up at about 600 acres. Started logging in about every 2-3 days. Gave him the 3Ds. He defected out before I could kill him off. Sent me a bunch of ops before he went, though. Never heard anything about it after that.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolgil View Post
    I find this attitude very strange. It's a strategy/war game. Yet here are people that more or less don't play, just exist. Seems to me playing like that has all the excitement of watching grass grow.

Is there a social aspect here to overrides things?

I had a player once who said he was a leader of some alliance. He turtled up at about 600 acres. Started logging in about every 2-3 days. Gave him the 3Ds. He defected out before I could kill him off. Sent me a bunch of ops before he went, though. Never heard anything about it after that.
    Maybe some people play the game different from how you play it. Getting killed in wars does not sound all that exciting to me. Why would you give him the 3D's (don't even know what that is but I think it is not good for the receiving player and ego boost for the player who executes it). But did you gain anything when he defected did you feel good about yourself bullying an other player?
    Some people do the same in real life as well. In high school some kid always got mad when you should no interest in the game while playing soccer or something like that. Lucky for me I was bigger and stronger then most of them :P

Sir Postalot
    3D's are defect, delete or die =)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by _greenie View Post
    3D's are defect, delete or die =)
    How friendly. In other words the monarch tell you how you should or else ........
    Has humanity degraded so far? Well it actually happens all the time, the people help to person to become the ruler of their land (they vote for him) then he becomes a dictator and starts to hurt his own people.

Post Fiend
    How is he even gonna get the honor?

The problem is his idea is totally DIFFERENT FROM THE GOAL that is being attempted.
    In order to Honor whore, you must war. You must also win them to keep that honor.

Not only that, if you can't touch anyone wheres the honor?

Honor is not a goal, it's a side effect from participating in wars. War wins would be the true goal. Even though war wins would not get you a rank.

Also. Even if you wanted to stay small. Wouldn't you explore and then reshrink??? It's 10x easier to pump X elites when your Y times bigger.

Get to say 1600 or 6400 acres.
    Get X sci.
    If your 1600 and go back to 400 you will double your sci effects.
    If your 6400 you will quad your effects. Not that matters since Utopia calcs sci if you were @ 500 acres min anyways.

Post Fiend
    Why would I want honour? Right now I have 809 honour. That is 9 point to high I think. I do agree that the tactic of growing and then shrinking is really nice. It has 1 draw back though. If other players find out you are not that well defended but do have a lot of sciences they they tend to plunder that. In the only war we have fought an lost so far I lost about 100.000 books.

Science Intelligence on tetrachloorethyleen (12:4)
    [http://www.utopiatemple.com Angel v1.92 Beta]

Server: World of Legends (Age 40)
    Books to Allocate: 0 books

** Effects Summary (Known Science Only) **
    12.3% Income (44,720 points)
    10.2% Building Effectiveness (60,693 points)
    5.6% Population Limits (42,974 points)
    0% Food Production
    0% Gains in Combat
    0% Thievery Effectiveness
    46% Magic Effectiveness & Rune Production (48,958 points)

Is what I have at the moment.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by 010101 View Post
    Why would I want honour? Right now I have 809 honour. That is 9 point to high I think. I do agree that the tactic of growing and then shrinking is really nice. It has 1 draw back though. If other players find out you are not that well defended but do have a lot of sciences they they tend to plunder that. In the only war we have fought an lost so far I lost about 100.000 books.

Science Intelligence on tetrachloorethyleen (12:4)
    [http://www.utopiatemple.com Angel v1.92 Beta]

Server: World of Legends (Age 40)
    Books to Allocate: 0 books

** Effects Summary (Known Science Only) **
    12.3% Income (44,720 points)
    10.2% Building Effectiveness (60,693 points)
    5.6% Population Limits (42,974 points)
    0% Food Production
    0% Gains in Combat
    0% Thievery Effectiveness
    46% Magic Effectiveness & Rune Production (48,958 points)

Is what I have at the moment.
    Thanks for your Prov+KD Number.

If your staying small what the hell is the purpose of your goal?
    To bash 400 acre provs around all age?
    WOW, HOW BORING.
    Btw, Honour is a powerful tool.
    How is 809, 9 more than it should be?
    Read the guide for Honour numbers much?
    Back to Honour...

Honour is powerful because it's one tool which enhances your prov for absolutely no Networth, besides the Pop bonus which is powerful enough and worth the extra networth, it's so GOOD.

About the learn thing.
    Read my thread about barren land.
    And also why would people learn from you?
    I'd rather take the easy land.

Thread Information