Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question on food

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

question on food

with 750 acres, how much food does 14% produce? I want to know a good number to were i can use less farms.

Depends on what Be you have and if you are artisan or shepherd.

But something like this:
    Code:
    Land*%Farms*70*BE*FoodSci[*1,25 if artisan][+Land*4 i shepherd]+BarrenLands*2
    (Not sure what multiplyers affect Barren land thought... Think none?)

Quote Originally Posted by oatMEALcreamePie
    I want to know a good number to were i can use less farms.
    You want to know some kind of optimised amount of farms? If thats what you wish, I guess ill make you a formula :)

Code:
    %Farms=(TotalPop*0,25-BarrenLands*2[-Land*4 if shepherd])/(Land*70*BE*FoodSci[*1,25 if artisan])
    Note: Just made that formula (it probably exists somewhere already, but well...), so if it contains any faults, feel free to cerrect it.

Sir Postalot
    well, unless you got an insane pop, 14% is too much =)
    10% + FL is fine, if you get some food sci (which is really nw efficient) you can drop it down to 6-7 =D

Crap... i forgot FL :P

But i agree. I've never run more than 10% farms.

Banned
    hahaha that would be so cool he really need that many farms.
    I can see how one would need 14% farms. Once ran a dwarf strategy with a huge pop back in the day when elites gave bonus or did something and as I got bigger in land I found that I needed more and more farms. At around 3.5acres I need 14.5% farms. At that point I was making sure my food science was high. He's most likely running a Dwarf artisan with 10% in tool science, maxing on forts and Tgs with some homes.

14.5% Farms would be needed for someone with around 52PPA with FL on assuming 100%BE. What are you talking about vines?

Banned
    Nah I had over 140% almost 145%BE One age I ran merchant with a 99% military with 100% elites. At the time merchant would add one population for every 6 elites (or something like that). Anyways I was running 50% homes. I meant my population was huge. The funny thing was I had no workers yet I had all my jobs filled lol.

I think oatMEALcreamePie is running a build something like this. This one way he would need lots of farms.
    Homes: 21.7%
    +68.89% birthrate
    Farms: 14%
    12,403 bushels (15,504 with fl)
    Training Grounds: 24.7%
    Off bonus Maxed out
    Forts: 24.7%
    def bonus Maxed out
    Guilds: 10%
    Towers: 37%

A 99% military?
    Vines, are you a sufferer of Munchausen's syndrome? If not, you seriously need to get yourself to a shrink - these lies of yours are getting worse by the hour.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Banned
    I had some workers but not many. Yeah 99% military a large percent of my military was thieves and wizards.

no what i mean is 14%sci. what would that 14% bonus give me if i ran 0% farms?

no this is what im running your kinda off but its cool

1. Homes: 201 (29%)
    2. Farms: 69 (10%)
    3. Banks: 125 (18%)
    4. Training Grounds: 90 (13%)
    5. Forts: 90 (13%)
    6. Guilds: 118 (17%)

Total Land: 693 Acres (100% built)

i like the bones frts and tg give my military
    i run hi guilds and banks one so my wizzies get more power and get a good draft rate. I'm still getting income i just want to git rid of farms and use science to do the dirty work so i have space. same with banks and alchemy out some my final question is how much percentage of both farm and alchemy would i need to run 0% of both? thanks

and someone im a noob who is just know figuring the math behind this game thanks for and still dont get it but i shall persevere what does this mean

i really don't understand

%Farms=(TotalPop*0,25-BarrenLands*2[-Land*4 if shepherd])/(Land*70*BE*FoodSci[*1,25 if artisan])

please explain

Quote Originally Posted by oatMEALcreamePie View Post
    and someone im a noob who is just know figuring the math behind this game thanks for and still dont get it but i shall persevere what does this mean

i really don't understand

please explain
    They are formulas for food. The first one is for the amount of food you create each hour, thought i did miss FL.
    So it should be:

Code:
    Land*%Farms*70*BE*FoodSci[*1,25 if artisan][+Land*4 i shepherd]+BarrenLands*2[*1,25 if FL is active]
    Code:
    %Farms=(TotalPop*0,25-BarrenLands*2[-Land*4 if shepherd])/(Land*70*BE*FoodSci[*1,25 if artisan][*1,25 if FL is active])
    You simply insert your values, such as Land, %Farms, FoodSci, BarrenLand, BE. When i write "[]", i mean that you should add that bonus if you fil the requirement (If you are artisan, shepherd, have FL active etc).
    The first formula tells you how much food you produce (at least that's what it should do). And in the second one you fill in everything but %Farms, and you'll get how many % Farms you will need.

Banned
    Yeah if you're a dwarf with 30% homes try 11% farms but you have a good build and 17% Guilds is a good number.

Thread Information