Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: too high NWPA

Regular

too high NWPA

currently science pumping aand currently have 30.5ppa.
    Im starting to build up my army but ive noticed my NWPA will probably be in the 200s if i build too much. I was planning on having 10 dspecs per acres but consider dropping it to 7 now. Is it wise to go all elites ? or just retain it as plesant and dont train it as drop and get a good BE for war?

i could achieve 60 dpa(with elites out)/80opa, 3.5 raw tpa , and 1 raw wpa, but again my NWPA will be like 200, which i dont think will benefit me.

my bad,
    Human Sage. ( regret on the personality but oh well)
    total pop : 43500
    land:1400
    150 bpa on alch,tools,channeling
    350 on housing
    200 on crime

any advice to improve on my province?

Vineless thread please.
    Last edited by Ced; 05-09-2008 at 07:10.

state ur race.

y, 10 defspecs per acre is probably overkill

Quote Originally Posted by Ced View Post

Vineless thread please.
    MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

yeh stat race and personality.
    IMPERIALS KLA

Regular
    my bad,
    Human Sage. ( regret on the personality but oh well)
    total pop : 43500
    land:1400
    150 bpa on alch,tools,channeling
    350 on housing
    200 on crime

Sir Postalot
    Is it wise to go all elites .... 3.5 raw tpa
    i would say probably gnome =)

all elite = evil, bad for nw
    and gnomes will have a high nw/a no matter what, as they need 68-70% DR to compete in reality...

10 defspecs is way to many, drop it back to 6-7

Regular
    human shep is a pretty solid personality, no need regretting, especially if you have those sciences.

I would say 1:1 def specs/elites ratio is fine, slightly more wpa. Dont afraid of nwpa, it shouldnt be soo high.

Regular
    Im a human sage lol.

But with a build without homes from my calculations which should be pretty close, i am going to hit 190NWPA. That's not too high?

Postaholic
    WoL or GEN? If its on WoL you got very nice sci this early.
    And 190nwpa is pretty high this early in the round. (wol)

Regular
    this is on WOL

Sir Postalot
    1:1 elite to defspec is pretty damn solid, you shouldnt have any problems with that =)
    maybe even leave it at 7 defspecs/acre, or drop it back to 6.5 if you feel you dont have enough offense =)

If your kd is good (mid range and above) then go 3:2 leet/dspec ratio. Otherwise go 1:1..

As for TPA it's good, but imo better go with 3 tpa and 1.5 wpa than 3.5/1..
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Postaholic
    i agree with insane33 and greenie. 1:1 is a good ratio

if u r playing a/t, do not be afraid of high nwpa as long as u have high thief sciences. imo u need to be concerned with nwpa for heavy attacker, since raw military strength is what matters, but for a/t is not that big of a deal because ur true strength can lie in thievery. however u should run full elite army for maximum flexibility

as for ur sciences, i think u emphasized too much on pop sci. imo its kind of overrated after mehul nerfed it. u should consider putting more in food science because after a certain point u might find it beneficial to invest in food sci instead of continue to pump ur building sci. and theres always no harm in getting some gain sci

Postaholic
    and 3.5tpa is a must. i would recommend u go 4~4.5 actually if u r a dedicated thief, because ur acres very quickly become inflated and u wont be able to keep up with the thief loss and op those 2tpa heavy attackers after 1~2 land grabs with no retal

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by waheed View Post
    i agree with insane33 and greenie. 1:1 is a good ratio

if u r playing a/t, do not be afraid of high nwpa as long as u have high thief sciences. imo u need to be concerned with nwpa for heavy attacker, since raw military strength is what matters, but for a/t is not that big of a deal because ur true strength can lie in thievery. however u should run full elite army for maximum flexibility

as for ur sciences, i think u emphasized too much on pop sci. imo its kind of overrated after mehul nerfed it. u should consider putting more in food science because after a certain point u might find it beneficial to invest in food sci instead of continue to pump ur building sci. and theres always no harm in getting some gain sci
    no, wrong!
    do not go all elite!
    pop sci is no longer the be all of science, you should have a little bit in everything, but i like to keep a reasonable amount in it, ~2x what i do in tools

Banned
    If you are going the Human sage with 3,700bpa route your acre/nw is going to be over 200. If you play it correctly your nw/acres will be around 270, I know by experience. Have no more then a combined 9rawtpa/wpa. The reason is because you will be the same net worth as provinces with much more land so you should focus mostly on making your military as strong as it can possibly be. This mean during war you should have max forts and Tgs and a raw military(this only includes elites and specs) of over 60% of your max population. The bad side of this strategy is you will be facing much lager provinces. The good side to this strategy is you will be able to get super max gains plus +50% military science(I will explain what super max gains are in a little bit). If you are going to run at or over 200nwperacre the safe number at home becomes 80dpa-90dpa and you should try to keep a max of 140dpa-150dpa at home going into to war and it will not be a problem for you to do so. One more time I can’t stress this enough make sure people your same land size have no way of attacking you when your military is out. I when I used this strategy some time ago I was keeping around 170opa/170dpa.
    Super max gains:
    Okay after one gets out of the range of max gains the amount of land gained starts to go back down until it goes to zero, however, if one goes even further after the amount gained as reached zero the amount of land gained will go back up to an insane number for a small range. An example of a super max gain is a province of 400 acres taking someone for +140acres.

Thread Information