Thread: Direct Question to mods

Post Fiend

Direct Question to mods

Dear Omac,

Thank you for replying to most of our threads .. old administration would rarely do that .

My question comes because i can only suspect the level of cheating within the game , and i bet that its worse than any1 here anticipates it

So here's the question :

Can you tell me a percentage or actual number, how many of the top 50 kingdoms are cheating atm ?
    Can u predict a percentage , how many provinces are cheating utopiawide ?

Can u predict , if all traded provinces would be deleted , utopia would die ?

This questions come because I have seen the reinstatements done recently , and from the outside looks like you are looking for a compromise . Help us understand the situation you are in .

Thank you in advance,
    Noobs
    Hater of the people that have nothing constructive to say on forums.

Noobs, utopia will die in case they decide to delete all traded provs:)
    Thats for sure,we can only wait and see what happens next

Forum Addict
    Never died before when Mehul deleted them. Why do you think it would die now?

because mehul did random deletions and usually only deleted the sloppy cheaters - many times people would report cheaters and nothing would happen - people got used to the idea that the chances were slim if they were careful and more and more people started trading. Then people found even smarter ways to cheat. Many people spend money for servers and proxies so that they can basically go undetected -

There are some people who never cheat - that is true - I am still playing in my original province and have never defected so basically in the same kd since almost the beginning of the game - but i have also played long enough that i know lots and lots of people in the game and most of them have traded at least once -

If OMAC were to get serious about deleting traders i can guarantee they would end up deleting thousands of players - and if enough people disappear then those of us who only play cuz of our friends and the social aspects will not last too long. Even though people say they will come around on irc after they "retire" from the game very few really do and you lose touch with them ....

we all have this common thread - its playing the game - and yeah it sux when a xlogging kd rapes your kd - but it is a war game - and if it comes down to it i would rather continue to tolerate that than to see mass deletions -

i am willing to bet sweetiepie that there are people in YOUR kd that have traded before - and that are multies either now or in the past - esp since you claim to be a mid level kd ....

sometimes it happens without your knowledge.

this is the huge problem that OMAC is facing - but now that they have set the precedent of restoring one set of deletions - in all fairness they should continue the practice - or at least give blanket amnesty to all traders at this point and start fresh at tracking next age after their new system is fully implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetiepie View Post
    Never died before when Mehul deleted them. Why do you think it would die now?
    I think Utopia had 100k players when mass deletions came (at least as I've heard that way). Go to the world/survey to see how many are playing now..
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

ages 14 and 15
    IMPERIALS KLA

Thank you
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

<3 BFD
    have patience with us retired folk ;) we do our best to stop by, hehe

Theoretically though, I don't think the game would die if you deleted all cheators. how many of the deleted would continue playing.. thats up for debate, but I'd say a fair deal.
    perhaps not immidiatly, but they'd trickle back.
    and i nthe longterm I definatly see a brighter future for a cheat-free Utopia

A better solution would perhaps be to make all provinces on proxies or traded, legit at the beginning of one age, and inform any cheating after that date will be met with instant deletion. would some continue cheating? yes. would I cry when they got deleted, no. I'd cheer.

the excessive cheating is the main reason I retired. in my opinion, a game where a majority of the t-50% cheat in some form, and an overwhelming majority of the t-10% cheat severly, is not a game I longer consider it is worth giving up my time to play.

If somthing was done to vastly improve the situation, I would not only create an account and come back. I'd encourage everyone I know who has retired to come back and support OMAC in the venture.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by noobs View Post
    Dear Omac,

Thank you for replying to most of our threads .. old administration would rarely do that .
    Mehul was very active with the community when the game first started. There were even reports of him posting in some kd forums.

problem with deleting all the cheaters is that a) you wont achieve it. b) while your trying to clean up the server you actually increase the level of cheating with everyone trying to script their kds back together etc etc.. everyone who played back then knows how bad it gets when hundreds if not thousands of scripted accounts pop up constantly.. because of that not only the deleted kds suffer but also everyone else.

Thread Information