Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rate my kingdom please!i am not expert but want to become ONE

It's not about prioritizing one gets the best results from an evenly learning of the sciences.
    No, that would only be true if all sciences had equal value. At low BPA levels, Food sci is pretty good and should have almost even weight. At high BPA levels, you should allocate a very small portion to Food sci. You start reaping greater benefit from Housing than Alchemy the higher your draft is. Channeling/Crime is a question of how much you focus on those areas. If you don't focus, you should put less. It's not worthwhile boosting 1 tpa with heavy Crime science.

For specific allocation on a high draft 2k acre human sage A/t, something like this off the top of my head (assuming 500 BPA)
    Alchemy 90
    Tools 110
    Housing 150
    Food 30
    Military 40
    Crime 50
    Channeling 30
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Banned
    The time one should even start thinking about optimizing is around 150bpa. Catwalk it hard for me to explain something I already know. In a few days I'll start learning science. I'll keep you guys up to date. You will see the good results I get.
    Last edited by vines; 09-09-2008 at 03:35.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    Catwalk it hard for me to explain something I already know. In a few days I'll start learning science. I'll keep you guys up to date. You will see the good results I get.
    wait... hang on...
    a) you cant explain something that you know? that says to me that you dont understand it... if you cant explain something to someone who has only the vaguest understanding of what you are talking about, you dont truly understand it (btw, CW, im not saying you dont understand it)

b) i though you said your prov was better w/o sci? why you getting it?

finally, splitting books evenly is a waste =)
    i think he has a reasonable split of science, perhaps start putting a bit more into pop, try and get it about equal with income
    and drop 1 defspec/acre for an elite =)

other than that, its not too bad
    (btw, a good province doesnt make a good player =P)
    btw, here is a humourous little comic a kd made as their banner one age link
    ironically, a large amount of it is actually true =)

>TehDudeAbides
    magic sci for human isnt that bad really, you need to counteract the -25% magic, so you should get some (and getting +30% is pretty easy!)
    Last edited by _greenie; 09-09-2008 at 04:07.

Veteran
    aww i was gonna give the dude a ten if he listed his whole kingdom.
    The prov is ok though.

6% Farms
    6% Banks
    18% TG
    6% Arms (dont build any in war)
    10% Rax
    10% GS
    10% Hosp
    10% Guilds
    4% Towers
    12% Stables
    8% more banks till war, then rax or gs or forts. no need to raze though build as land comes in.

The housing sci is too low, make it as strong as tools sci.

Banned
    I didn't want to be rude I was trying to say it in a nice way. It's hard to for me to explain something I already to know to someone that doesn't know because I just don't understand how they can't understand it in the first place. I would have to see what what part is getting them mixed up before I could help them. My province is evenly matched with any province without science, however, I'm not playing against any opponent. At my level it comes down to how far can I push myself how much more I make my province even better. My province will never be better than its self. At my level I'm playing the "what if a province using my same strategy came knocking for a fight?" How would I make sure I had the edge? That's why I use science not because I need it but because of the unknown one day someone will come knocking saying, "I have studied all your moves, strategies, tactics, and I have improved on your builds. And I'm here to take you out. I will have to be ready for that day. And you know there new blood learning from my strategy. Taking it all in. I like to fight against an evenly match opponent it has been so long.

Sir Postalot
    wow, im so glad you think people would take the time just to hunt you down...

How would I make sure I had the edge? That's why I use science not because I need it but because of the unknown one day someone will come knocking saying, "I have studied all your moves, strategies, tactics, and I have improved on your builds. And I'm here to take you out"
    so, you get science, to give you the edge?

Amazing. Nobody mentioned too many farms. Personally, I don't like the 1:1 elite to def spec military either. Much better net worth efficiency mounting some off specs. I haven't ever seen a human get ambushed. Mostly just orcs.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Banned
    Shows what you know Greenie. Through the ages I've a province here and a province there come up to my province with something to prove, however, it's been a long time since I have faced an evenly matched opponent. It is not just the science that gives me the edge. The is combination of all the things that make up my province that give me the edge. My 100%rawBE, My freakishly huge military, high rawtpa and wpa(working on it), good econ and even balance of the sciences. It is all these things that give Red Mist the edge. Every province one could look will see area this is weak. RedMist as no areas that it is weak in and almost all the areas but science are super strong. However, RedMist does have two weaknesses. The first one I'm not going to say because I don't want anyone to use it against me in another age should I choose to use a strategy like this one again. And the other weakness is that it can be weakened. No province is unhurtable. Hurt a province enough and it will begin to show weakness.
    Dolgil I agree with what you are saying. I wouldn't use off specs but you do make a good point.

No, vines, your province sucks in all areas.
    It's literally a walking weakness.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

There is no need to put on channeling sci, human destinied to have low wpa and fails a lot at self spells. Just make sure your guilds is not lower than 10% (12% ideal)for self spells. 1 wpa is more than enough, just for taking crystal ball. ;)

Regular
    Amazing. Nobody mentioned too many farms.
    I did in my original reply. I was surprised myself that there was no mention of it before that though..

Through the ages I've a province here and a province there come up to my province with something to prove, however, it's been a long time since I have faced an evenly matched opponent.
    vines appears to be confused. The reason he doesn't have provs challenging him is because this is a team game. No one cares about challenging another prov, they care about winning wars... And I'd say that his kingdom getting stomped is a clear sign that his prov is useless, so there's no need to 'challenge' him. If a Gnome is going to turtle and make crap grabs to remain unbreakable he should at least be pumping huge aid to his kd mates that are actually fighting and trading land. Athough I doubt that was the case. Judging from the commentary, I'd say he was working on phase 5 (aka 'hanging your kd mates out to dry') instead...

Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    RedMist as no areas that it is weak in ...However, RedMist does have two weaknesses.
    Vines, I noticed you accidentally contradicted yourself. Hurry up and change it before everyone thinks you're an idiot.

Red mist has one fatal weakness: it's being played by a total idiot.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

rosenub, not running any Channeling sci as human is horrible. Low sci, sure. But the first 20 BPA or so give very high returns on your investment, foolish not to run any.

I'm going on vacation for 6 days. Just wanted to say that I <3 vines, you brighten up my day. The rest of you should <3 him too.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Banned
    VT2 is hard head it takes him a little more time for him to understand things.

Thread Information