Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trolling

its racist either way, its like saying all americans are fat ******s.

No. Its like saying America is gay.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone View Post
    No. Its like saying America is gay.
    pretty much...

"america sucks" could be saying its a bad place to travel... (or things america, as a nation, does, suck)
    "american's suck" says that people who live in suck

there IS a difference

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharmu View Post
    its racist either way, its like saying all americans are fat ******s.
    I agree with you.

A nation is primarily defined by those who live therein, so saying China is gay implies it's 'gayness' is caused by the people.

I am gay and I dont find it offensive, just stupid.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by _greenie View Post
    normally if someone says a country is something, (ie chinaisgay) i would assume thats a stab at the political party currently ruling it...

if he had of said "chineseAreGay" then yes, that would be racist =)
    Normally I would agree with you, but there is something missing here. It's the fact that for the Chinese, "China" (the government - the state - whatever) and the "Chinese people" signify the same thing. They believe "state" (which almost equals to the governing political party in China) and "nation" are one and the same. So for them, insulting China would be the same thing as insulting the people themselves (if, of course, the term "gay" is used as an insult). It's a cultural thing.

Anyone from China, please correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishandra
    A nation is primarily defined by those who live therein, so saying China is gay implies it's 'gayness' is caused by the people.
    How states act is normally decided by the government (not sure if theres such a hyper-democratic state in the world that relly votes about everything?), and its mainly those actions that are noticed by the rest of the world. Note the difference between the state and the inhabitants.

If gay is a insult, is a completely different quession. Even if i personally, in that context, see it as a insult.

It's not racist, and it's not homophobic.
    You're all too obsessed with being politically correct, and too touched by american views.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

You can just ignore the trolls. It doesn't really annoying if you doesn't pay attention to it. While about giving false informations, utopia is place of learning and strat is person/kd wise, even catwalk or zoot doesn't have something like 'ultimate uber 100% win chart all the time formula'.

Post Fiend
    wow! i didn't know my name caused such a debate. it's not racist, and i didn't make it to be a racist either. it could be interpreted in alot of ways. To be honest with you all and set the record straight, i made it in protest to the chinese handling of tibet and the controversy surrounding the olympics. 010101 screw you.

catwalk definitely doesnt, but i'd listen to Zoot personally.

Post Fiend
    has nobody got a response to my answer? that shut a few people up.

Regular
    i felt all warm and fuzzy when you said you didn't intend your username to be racist, that is why i personally shut up :)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaIsGay View Post
    wow! i didn't know my name caused such a debate. it's not racist, and i didn't make it to be a racist either. it could be interpreted in alot of ways. To be honest with you all and set the record straight, i made it in protest to the chinese handling of tibet and the controversy surrounding the olympics. 010101 screw you.
    I dont want to make it personal ChinaIsGay. As it happens I don't agree with the Chinese politics, but I don't think Russia or the US are doing any better. By the way I never said you where a rasict, I just consder you name debateble.

Oh ChinaIsGay screw you to, rawr, feed the internet rage.

:p

Thread Information