Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Furious

Post Fiend
    SONG Min Sun - Lindsey

"Your cherry?" Min Sun almost snorted. She reached out a slender hand and took one of the cigarettes, putting it in her mouth and leaning forward, waiting for him to lit it. Once it was lit she took a drag and blew out the smoke above his head.

"Don't be so sure I'm even remotely interested in your cherry," she continued a bit casually, but with a smirk on her face while her attention was being pulled away as something called out for her attention behind his head. Her smirk twisted itself halfway into a grimace. It was the third car arriving to the silver start line. A car she hadn't seen in ages, or so it felt like. A car whose driver she hadn't seen in ages. Her eyes narrowed coldly as she took another drag of her cig. It was different, but there was no doubt that she was looking at Jane. He hadn't noticed her yet as he was observing the crowd.

"Son of a....!" That Kaesekkia. That he had the nerve to show up like this. The decision to make was obvious.

"On second thought, who could refuse such an offer," she said with a sultry voice, closing the space between her and Erik, pretending to having not seen Dante at all.

"Stick around after the race I'll show you what's really worth seeing in this town," she continued in a mere whisper leaning in towards his ear, while throwing a quick look at Dante who stood not far behind, eager to see if she could spark some reaction from him.

The Song twins

"Guess that makes us one driver short," Kwan Gi said from behind as his phone was finally back in his pocket on arrival of the third car. "They are ready when we are."

"You recognise that car, don't you?" Min Ji replied with a nod towards the latest driver, both speaking in Korean. "My guess is Min Ji's already have," she noted as they both saw their sister make her advance towards the newcomer. This was probably going to get ugly, real soon. She could only hope that her sister would play nicely, on second thought she knew it would be futile to even try to hope.

"Suppose this race is going to be full of surprises," he noted. Rosso had returned to the streets and so had Dante. Whatever that might mean, he still wasn't sure.

The call came just a few seconds before the Interceptor arrived. Min Ji, obviously angered swore out loud as the black Interceptor flashed its lights at them on arrival. Kwan Gi however seemed impassive but he did turn his attention towards the car. Some of the more nervous younglins began edging towards their cars but one single police car wouldn't make too much hassle, that was unless backup arrived.

It was Min Ji who stepped up to meet Tobi first, arms crossed, with Kwan Gi standing just a little bit behind her.

"Well I can't say that we were expecting you here either, officer," Min Ji said, acknowledging the greeting with an nod. "So what can I do for you, when you have made the trouble of coming all the way out here?"

And with that short question she had told everyone that the officer was under the Chimaeras protection, for now. Anyone who dared to mess with this one and survived would only live to regret it. There was almost at least one nutjob out there who'd do it for the status, but it was not in the Chimaeras interest to kill the law. At least not on an open street like this. This one though was new, and she wasn't quite sure how to approach her. Hopefully, the answer to her question would give away something.

"You know, I won't be able to control the crowd forever," she added a bit lower as she leaned in towards the shorter woman.

OOC: Shari - luve curveballs like that :D

Veteran
    OOC: I'm so pissed... i wrote my whole message and got up, then came back with only a sentence to write and it was gone... >:|

IC:

Inwardly, Erik was amused by the cherry retort. Suddenly her demeanor changed, then segued entirely into a new seductive persona. "On second thought, who could refuse such an offer. Stick around after the race I'll show you what's really worth seeing in this town," she said, leaning in for an intimate whisper.

"Well," he started. "Either long flights and confusing airports have made me incredibly more charming, or the stalkers are scarier in the Dice..." He guffawed, but put a hand on her waist to help her effort and feel whether she was tight enough to warrant more effort in the field. "I've never cared for either charming or stalking," he said, trying to be witty.

He pushed her back half an arm's length and looked her in the eyes more seriously, "So, if I stay after winning the race and get to find out what makes the Dice worth staying in besides you and your exquisite form... What do I get if I lose? I mean... That is why you're being so nice, right?" He grinned, but then noticed that red and blue lights suddenly started flashing behind him and reflected off the building in front of him. A quieting also occurred about the crowd. He sighed and looked behind at the spectacle a moment and looked back to the girl.

"I assume you're with Min Ji, so I'll see more of you for sure... Could you excuse me for a moment?" He took her hand and kissed the top of it casually and yet somewhat quickly. "My name is Erik," he said. "Nice to meet you." With that he turned again and started walking toward the talking pair of Min Ji and the officer with an unmatched demeanor of carelessness and an air of, oddly enough, authority. Though he really had none - yet.

"You know, I won't be able to control the crowd forever," Min Ji spoke in a quiet voice. Those nearest to the pair snickered in half nervousness and half-amused courage.

"Isn't that the truth?!" Erik suddenly broke in, only a few steps now from the pair.

"He's loco!" someone whispered in the group around them.

"Not yet!" he said in the general direction. "But close..."

"Anyway...How about a race," Erik asked, looking at her badge in the most obnoxiously obvious manner of leaning in close to it, "Officer Russ?" He stood up straight again and smiled wide. "If I win, you can go back home and tell everyone how you almost got a racer on the highway... If I lose - cause... Well... I'm going to win otherwise - you can take the race organizer in. That would be me. I'll even tell you the dirt on everyone I know here! Who can beat a deal like that?!" Erik laughed.

Taking a slow breath he finally looked sane and very clear minded, especially in his intense hazel eyes. "I just want to warn you though. I don't lose." Erik looked from Min Ji to the officer as he spoke the last bit. "So what'll it be, Captain Kangeroo? It'd be a hell of a waste of a race."

Erik looked quite interested in what she had to say but started taking his shirt out of his khakis then rolled up his sleeves while he waited.

OOC: If I ruined any plans, let me know and i'll delete the last part. :)

Tobi Russ

What did Tobi want? After all, she was alone and driving down one racer here would hardly be worth the effort. She could call for back up, block off the roads and chase street racers through the city until dawn, but technically, they had yet to commit any felony. So far, the most she had was a loitering charge on them all. She doubted anyone in the crowd would be idiotic enough to pull a weapon on her, but she didn't doubt things might get ugly if she kept holding them up.

"Well-" she started before her usual luckiness kicked in. One of the drivers broke in to the conversation offering some kind of compromise, but what Tobi heard was probably not what he meant to say. She arched her eyebrow at the odd fellow dressed like a middle management office employee.

"Or I can just arrest you now and be on my merry little way. Since this is your doing," though she knew without a doubt the Song Twins were the orchastrators here, "I have no reason to talk to anyone else. Unlawful gatherings get a sharp fine around here. Especially when there are things like drug traffiking and underage drinking." Tobi jabbed her head towards the crowd gathered around the silver line. She could see alcohol and any number of sources of smoke, albeit a majority of them likely to be simple cigarettes. "Searching the crowd here would take a few hours I suppose, but if I have a prisoner, procedure dictates that he be transported as soon as possible.

"Then there's the issue of public intoxication and vandalism." Tobi shook her head in mock disappointment, "What is this city coming to?" She reached for the handcuffs at her side and motioned for whoever this convenient fall guy was to extend his hands, "Why don't we make this easy? Otherwise, you'll have to outrun me. Nevermind a simple race. You see, a race has a finish line. Ours wouldn't end until one of us ran out of gas. And I just filled up." She didn't see what car he came from, but there weren't many who could escape an Interceptor driven with experience, and even if they could, radio waves were certainly much faster. Then there was always the fact that he would have to get back to his vehicle and navigate it to open road.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Veteran
    "I don't know what the city is coming to, I just arrived. You're in for a long pursuit though," he motioned to the maroon Trident. "That car has an average distance of two-thousand miles continuous use without a top-off or service. Though I'm at half tank, so a thousand. I'll also gander that even though your Interceptor seems pretty new, it still beats your rollcage... I'm up for it if you are. It's a good way to meet some of the friends of the force." He grinned and began walking for his car casually. Raising a hand up, he waved good-bye to the copper-top. Walking back to where that seductive girl and his car was he noticed she was still nearby. He winked at her and smiled wistfully, a devious look in his eyes. "You're welcome," he mouthed. Nearing the car, he spoke lowly to her. "Call bald Jack if you wanna hang out tonight. I don't have a cell here yet. Have a good race without me if you can."

He hadn't heard the cop coming up his rear yet, but he expected it any moment now.

---------

Vvvvvvvv Vvvvvvvvv

Rosso looked at his phone, saw it was Jack and answered it with his earpiece. "Less than five minutes you've been there and you're calling, Jack?" Rosso's voice wasn't one of anger or concern, just interest. "He's that... What is the word...? Disruptive?" he asked.

"Well, you see... We're at the race and a cop shows up. A scout must have led her here. She walked right up to Min Ji and then a few words later, Erik is right there saying he organized it and that if the cop would race him, and he lost, that he would turn himself in," he said, a little excited. Probably confused as to what to do, being his keeper and all.

"So... There is a problem?" Rosso said simply. "He's getting a few friends, at least in the Song family, by allowing the race to continue and everyone else having a good time. Just make sure he sets the jammer when he gets in the car so she can't get the whole force on him and he'll be fine. If the car gets wrecked, clean it up. I've got confidence in Erik's abilities to handle himself. He was quite capable before I started training him, although sadistic and quite obnoxious. He's a very interesting young man, but a very good employee. As you probably well know..." Rosso chuckled quietly and looked to Venustus. "He's challenging an officer who stumbled onto a big race tonight in the Dice, heheh."

She smiled and seemed amused. Venustus knew how weird Erik could be. Regardless of whether he got arrested or not, it wouldn't change much for him, and he wouldn't tell them anything useful about Rosso anyway.

"Alright then," Jack said. "I'll just clean up behind him if there's anything else."

------------

click

Jack closed his phone and opened the passenger door to the Trident, flicking the jammer on and then backing out of the car again. It would help, anyway.
    Last edited by Jolly Rensha; 01-10-2008 at 20:06.

Post Fiend

Dante Kane and Asuka

"What is it, babe?" Asuka said, eyebrow cocked. She hadn't heard his whisper, though his present stance and expression set her slightly on edge. Noticing the direction of his gaze she threw a quick glance in that direction. She watched as the toying young woman from Dante's past stepped up to Erik and proceeded to lean in quite closely. Unlike Dante, both in part because she was not only a woman herself but she had a different angle, she noticed the covert look Min Sun threw in his direction. Asuka understood immediately most likely quicker than Dante would have, even as intuitive as he was, for he was still a guy.

As Min Sun moved closely against the other man, Dante felt his hand unconsciously clench. Gritting his teeth, his memory flashed back. In less than the blink of an eye, Dante remembered the long days, and occasionally longer nights. A blazing sunset here and there, the cool and crisp of autumn as their laughter puffed out in clouds like the breath of dragons. Normally calm, clear-headed, intuitive and brilliant, in his own right, Dante wasn't immune to the imperfections of his gender. His nostrils flared slightly as he let out a calming breath, though his mind still surged. They were no longer together, who was he to get upset with her choice of, well, anything? He knew the price of leaving, he had known everything he was leaving behind. But still...

His arm twitched lightly as he felt a hand on it, and soon realized it was Asuka. "Pay no attention to her, love." she said softly though she knew, and planned, her voice had carried well, "No reason to get bent up because of her." Her tone was even, no condescending towards Min Sun in any way, though she gave Dante a slight smile and squeezed his arm lightly. Dante looked over at her for a moment, and he suspected the game she was playing. In all their years of knowing each other, Asuka and Dante hand never had anything between them. Or, rather, that little bit of creative positioning only occurred twice. Besides those times, they had merely been extraordinarily good friends. He knew, and he was dead certain Asuka did as well, that Min Sun had been quite... wary with her. Asuka knew, though had no intentions of forming a real relationship with Dante, yet she could not resist giving Min Sun a bit more to think about every now and then. Nothing to get Dante in serious trouble, of course, not that she would try as he was unfailingly faithful to whomever he dated.

"And, please, don't go getting into a fight. I doubt you'd look charming with a black eye." she added, her smile deepening into a slightly seductive smirk. Unclenching his jaw, he stole another glance in Min Sun's direction, though his eyes were still hard, just as the lights of the Interceptor appeared. Asuka swore aloud as she saw them too, and immediately punched through the code on her phone to alert the others, though just to be on their toes, a separate one was used to signal the escape. They both watched as Min Ji stepped forward to intercept the officer. Dante leaned back against Jane gently, eager to see how this would play out.

The Chimaera influence was great in the Dice, and the verbal skills of the infamous 'Song Trio', as he thought of them, and especially Min Ji, was on par with a foreign diplomat. Dante also took the time to check out the car the cop had driven, a new model in his eyes, for any telltale signs that would be of use. From the sound of the turbocharger alone, he knew it was a slick ride. An eyebrow rose as Erik walked forward, and a corner of Dante's mouth curled up into a cross between a smirk and a sneer. He did consider that the unknown man had some type of plan, though the more primal side of him just wished to see it backfire.

Slightly calmer, he had glanced at Min Sun again from the corner of his eye, and his mind was working as normal, or at least mostly. He had deeply regretted leaving her as he had. If he was honest with himself, there had been time to let her know, but he simply couldn't. Less than an hour after Vincent died... no, that wasn't right, he had been murdered... in the accident, Dante was gone. As he contemplated if the time was right, Erik was walking back in her direction. Dante shook his head lightly. "I have to tell her..." he whispered, not even realizing he had said this thoughts aloud, and received a light jab in the ribs. "Just hold your horses until we figure what's happening." Asuka said, shooting him a look, and he nodded with a shrug of one shoulder.
    Last edited by LordKain; 02-10-2008 at 20:13.

Tobi Russ

(OOC: Ren, from what we discussed and combining that with Tobi's character, I've decided to alter my post considerably. We've held up the thread long enough, I think. Sorry for taking so long everyone.)

IC:
    Tobi was in the right mind to shoot him. She glared at his back as he pompously trounced off towards his car. She was seconds away from drawing her 9mm and laying him out, but she became acutely aware of the camera mounted on her car's dash. Certainly if he had family, and they decided to press charges, her own camera would be used against her. Not to mention there was the rather likely chance she'd end up in the same condition. Instead she sighed somewhat indignantly and snapped her eyes back to the Song twins. Kwan Gi never did show emotion, but Min Ji was looked satisfactorily less annoyed.

"Last time I saw that car, he was not the driver," Tobi commented after he'd walked away. "You may want to be a little more suspicous as to who you let around your lot." Despite the irony of a police officer giving security advice to criminals, Tobi tried not to sound condescending, "I suggest putting your race away quickly... Something just doesn't feel right tonight."

Tobi returned to her Interceptor and took a glance at her computer monitor. Dispatch had few calls out tonight, and all the ones listed on the screen were reported as either "Assessed" or "Resolved." It had been a while since Tobi knew a peaceful night. Peace was relative in Dice, but anyhting less than fifty calls a night could be called a slow day. This race was Tobi's fifteenth of the night, and she'd yet to report it. She sighed and ran her fingers through her almost-black hair. Turning her eyes to the Iceni, Tobi smirked and fastened her seatbelt. It wasn't often these organized races turned deadly. Most of the time they passed without event, one of the racers leaving several thousand dollars richer. Tobi would suggest a city-sanctioned races if she thought the street racers would attend. Chances were, no matter what she did her, this race wouldn't just roll over.

"Available units, robbery in progess on 314 North Simon Boulevard. Silent alarm triggered," the dispatched delivered a message over the radio while another item was added to the list on the LCD. Tobi pursed her lips slightly and pressed a dimly glowing blue button on her steering wheel, engaging the radio.

"3429 Russ, 10-2." She tapped the "Robbery" item on the list, telling the system she was responding to the call. Spinning her wheel around, she began heading away from the race, but stopped next to the Murciélago and parted her window to the twins.

"Just try not to get anyone killed, 'kay?" Her voice held a bit of disdain, but it was not directed at the two siblings themselves. Tobi presses the gas pedal as she raised her widow. She turned off her emergengy lights manually as she turned away from the barred off race area and towards Simon Boulevard, which was roughly three miles from her current location.

(OOC: Yeah its really rather lame, but its true to her character, whereas racing illegally would not be. In any case, it's no the last you've seen of Tobi, for sure.)
    Last edited by Shari Tana; 06-10-2008 at 21:10.

Veteran
    Last edited by Jolly Rensha; 08-10-2008 at 20:10. Reason: return to regularly scheduled broadcasting

Veteran
    Ttt

OOC: edit: Edit: Eh, Life gets in the way. Don't worry about it guys.

'cept you ark. ;) it's your thread afterall. ;)
    Last edited by Jolly Rensha; 21-10-2008 at 22:53.

Post Fiend
    Min Sun - Lindsey

She laughed in response to the other driver as he pulled her closer, a firm grip around her waist. For a moment she actually forgot about the reason to why she was flirting wildly with him, Dante. She had to admit that the newcomer had a certain attraction, at least in her eyes. Min Sun had always been a sucker for the bad seeds, cliché as it may be, and she knew that despite from his clean appearance this one was really bad. A voice however pulled her back from her little side play. A voice she recognised well.

"Pay no attention to her, love. No reason to get bent up because of her."

Asuka. There wasn't really a reason, but she had never liked the woman much, and it surely didn't help that she had been one of Dante's closest confidant. Once Dante had left she had cut all ties with his friends, knowing very well that they knew where he'd gone off to, Asuka in particular. She watched the other woman lean in to squeeze her man's arm. Surely, she knew that Dante wasn't hers anymore in that sense nor if she wanted him to be, but that didn't stop her from calling him that. A girl had a right to claim ownership, and all that jazz.

She smiled at Erik as he pulled her back, firmly meeting his gaze. Perhaps this one could turn out to be a fun little side project after all.

"Well isn't that the question," she commented, giving another laughter. "Remember babe, I don't like losers, but then again maybe I hate losing even more..." She cast him a playful look just as the bloody coppers decided to try and break up the party. Or to be more exact, she noted as the Interceptor had stopped, one.

"Bloody timing," she muttered.

"Play your cards well, Erik and maybe it will be rewarded," she said after he left while stealing another quick glance at Dante who was occupying himself with studying the scene in front of them. A scene she didn't care much about. One way or another her siblings would deal with it. Whatever needed to be done.

Min Ji and Kwan Gi SONG

Min Ji threw the newcomer an annoyed glance as he almost broke her off. Who the hell did he think he was coming here and trying to be the knight in shining armour? Did she look like she needed any help? If anything he could complicate things. Almost unnoticable for everyone else Kwan Gi moved up with silence and placed a hand on his sister's arm. He wasn't sure why but he wanted the scene to be played out before his hot-headed sister had a chance to change the course. He received an annoyed glance in return but shrugged it off, used to his twin's rash actions and quick mood swings.

He had been right, they both realised as the newcomer got a chance to continue, challenging officer Russ. She could take him up on his offer or she could bust him right here and now. Either way the stranger had given them a chance of one less problem this evening. Both twins gave Erik small and barely noticable approving nods in unison. The Chimaeras was all about bussiness and regardless to who's car the guy was driving it would not be forgotten.

She bit her tongue at Tobi's comment about Erik's car almost tasting blood. Now was not the time to pick a fight with an officer, despite the outright insult. It would only be foolish of her, especially now when it seemed as if luck shone on them for the first time this night as the officer returned to her Interceptor. When the car left a cheer erupted in the crowd as they smelled a race coming on.

"You've been patient tonight, my friends," Min Ji spoke high over the cheering. "You know the drill...Place your bets with Big M over there," she continued, pointing to a very large bald Korean, almost as wide as he was wall, which made him almost look like a meatball. A very hard meatball, but a meatball nontheless. If the M came from meatball or a name no one really knew outside the Clan, and no one had ever dared to ask. Well, except that one kid that ended up in the hospital with one broken leg and a broken arm in two places.

The twins left the Murciélago and stepped up to the silver line.

"Welcome back to Dice," Kwan Gi said shortly but polite to Dante. Min Ji more or less ignored him as she strode up to the Trident.

"I'm not sure if Rosso has informed you of the way it works around here, but don't think you'll gain any favors in the race for the stunt you pulled back there," she told him, sliding in that she indeed knew who the car really belonged to. If indeed he was Rosso's driver he'd surely give Rosso the message. "You front the 10k's and you are in."

"That goes for you too," she threw over her shoulder without as much as a glance at Dante. Wether it was money or a pink slip on the line the twins, or their people, always handled the driver's bet. The crowd's betting was just a small business on the side, often handled by Big M.

OOC: Yeah, sorry for the wait, I've just been unable to post.
    Been awfully busy with everything but thanks DK, everything is fine! :) And sorry to keep you all waiting

Post Fiend
    (No prob, welcome back. Sorry bout the email, wasn't tryin to get all weird on ya. For some reason I just felt better sending it to make sure things were good lol Yeah, I rock like that)

Dante watched in surprise as the Interceptor suddenly turned and went off in a different direction. A telltale beep from Asuka's phone alerted her to the reason, and she nodded to Dante. He nodded back, approving of her next action as she calmly let the others know the race was undoubtedly on. "Well, at least we know the night isn't ruined." he said quietly as she watched the twins approach the line once more. "Mmm so true. Though I hope you don't let anyone else ruin your night for no good reason." she replied, smiling sweetly with a touch of innocence. Dante threw her a look as Kwan Gi drew closer while his sister and he reached the finish line.

"Welcome back to Dice." he heard the usually quiet Korean say. Dante bowed his head respectfully to him, "It is good to be back in such esteemed company." he replied softly. He had always been respectful of the Twins and the Chimaeras. It was hardly the respect borne out of fear, like so many people felt considering they were a powerful clan, Dante simply gave respect where it was due. In all his dealings with any clan, he showed them what respect they deserved from him, and though he was not one to incite angst he was always ready to defend when needed. His most pleasant dealings, such as they may be, had usually been with the Chimaeras, though, and every so often in the past he had wondered if that had anything to do with the relationship he had once shared with Min Sun.

So it was that Dante felt comfortable with Kwan Gi, though the man was impassive as ever, even to one as intuitive as Dante. He felt comfortable believing they had a mutual understanding, and though he would never assume something to be fact, they seemed to deal with each other in a fashion that would seem to support the idea. Not friends, or comrades, but better put as associates of a sort. Min Ji, on the other hand.... Well, it was obvious to Dante she hated his guts. No, perhaps that was a bit strong, but her emotions fluctuated like a tempest-beset ocean. She was wary, of course, when her sister and he were dating, though he doubted that had changed. Typical big sister routine, of course, not, however, that you could exactly consider anything about Min Ji, or her siblings, as typical.

He shook himself from his reprieve as the talk of entry fees was brought up. '10K' he thought, 'No wonder Lily said she didn't know. I'll have to talk to her about that.' The cost didn't truly concern him, to be honest. Dante was not rich or wealthy, but he doubted some people would fully believe his financial books. Well, they probably would believe the actual ones, his mental ones on the other hand, which credited to nothing of the shop's income, were another story. Besides, short of his cars and assorted goodies, he didn't live a bit out of the ordinary. Money was a tool, not something you can buy to world with, in his opinion. Glancing back at Asuka, she nodded, and handed him a roll. He fingered the paper currency gently as he walked to the Twins. Unlike most, Dante still preferred using old style currency, which even he was surprised was still in print, whenever possible.

"10K will do wonderfully." he said, and though he allowed a slight crispness creep into his voice, his tone was still courteous. It never hurt to make people think they knew how you felt. Curiously, he found his eyes looking at Min Sun again, though he had no recollection of looking in her direction, and the other hand by his side tightened. Though it didn't move a millimeter, the muscles tightened as he quickly brought his eyes back to the Twins. Fighting back the urge to grimace at male stupidity, his expression one of remarkable calm, he handed the money to whichever of the two decided to take it.

Veteran
    Erik stopped short of the handle of his car as he heard the officer's door close behind him. A few words were exchanged to the twins, he noticed, as he turned around. After a few words to the happy crowd, Erik's lip curved upward in his achievement. It wasn't a smile of a person pleased in the outcome but a smirk speaking of quiet arrogance and steady confidence. Min Ji walked over to him and spoke in the voice of a leader whose toes had been bruised by an interloper, yet somewhat grateful despite the words. He'd noticed the nod of understanding earlier from both the twins.

"I'm not sure if Rosso has informed you of the way it works around here, but don't think you'll gain any favors in the race for the stunt you pulled back there," she had said. "You front the 10k's and you are in."

Erik's smile crept then to the other side of his mouth as well. "Money isn't an issue, and neither are favors. I just feel like racing in this Trident tonight, regardless of who it is or what they represent."

He held a hand out for a business-like shake, "Since you know Rosso, you know he doesn't hire anyone stupid. Maybe wreckless though. He's still fond of his dealings with you all; I remember him speaking of the Dice every so often. A lot about 'The Twins' though." That he was still fond of the dealings Erik really had no clue at all, but the rest was true, though it was always on some profitable deal he had met with them. Or out of necessity.

He breifly looked at her brother and then met eyes once more with her. "Your brother seems to be quite the level-headed guy. It looks like he's the only one of the three of you that likes that guy he's talking to."

Jack walked up from behind Erik and held up a ticket. "I gave M the 10k. Here's his pass, Min Ji." He bowed slightly in respect, then motioned his head to where they had been with Russ. "Sorry about that, I don't have any authority over Erik. I'm just his guide for now. Besides, he'd probably put me in jars if I tried to stop him from doing anything he wanted."

It's good to be feared, Erik thought. When Min Sun wasn't looking and Jack and Min Ji spoke, he looked Min Ji up and down quickly, sizing her up. He'd have to make some well made decisions to get that block of ice she called a heart thawed.
    Last edited by Jolly Rensha; 22-10-2008 at 19:32.

Post Fiend
    Kwan Gi SONG

Michael gave a nod and a brief smile in return. He had had dealings with Dante and his crew on several occasions, both as an employee of TriCo Domain and as a clan member of the Chimaeras, and Dante had proved himself skilled and reliable. He wasn't too fond of the way he had chosen to end things with his younger sister, to put it lightly, but unlike his sisters he tended to at least try and separate business from his personal feelings. He was a business man first and his business relation with Dante was valued more than the way Dante had handled himself on a personal matter, even if it included his Lindsey. He wasn't sure though if it was her heart that had been broken or her pride. Perhaps a little bit of both, although knowing her sister the pride must have stung harder.

"10K will do wonderfully."

He continued to study Dante, managing to avoid directly staring at him, a feature he had learned to master, noting his back turning a bit more stiff. Taking the money he realised with amusement that Lindsey was slowly making her way over, almost like a preditor on a hunt. His face however told nothing of the sort. One of many misconceptions people had of him was that he was an emotionless boring man with no sense of humour. Only those close to him knew that it was far from being true. Just because he seldom showed his emotions did not mean that he didn't have any.

"Well well well... look what the cat dragged in," was her first greeting to Dante after his return. Inwardly Kwan Gi smiled.

Min Sun SONG

Lindsey had been leaning against her ugly red car, watching the scene before her. Apart from the most surprisingly return, and perhaps most unwelcomed, of Dante, the ordinary night had turned into a rather interesting one. The newcomer, Erik, would be a nice addition to the backstreets of Dice. Deciding to finally have the inevitable meeting with Dante she pushed herself forward with her right leg against the door of the car, giving Erik an inviting nod as she walked up to Dante and her brother.

"Well well well... look what the cat dragged in," she said, for the first time openly looking at Dante from top til toe. She finally met his eyes, for the first time in a really long time, looking far from impressed.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, implying that indeed it would have been better if he'd never returned at all.

Min Ji SONG

"Well you must understand our surprise...," she said as she shook his hand. "We haven't seen that car in a while." Rosso was far from an idiot, she knew that, but that did not guarantee that this fellow would be anything close to worth dealing with. He had proved himself to not be a total dimwit with the scene just before now. It was a start.

"Your brother seems to be quite the level-headed guy. It looks like he's the only one of the three of you that likes that guy he's talking to."

Did he just weave an insult into that statement, she wondered and an annoyed wrinkle appeared between her brows. Sure Kwan Gi had his emotions in better check than both of his sisters combined, she had to admit. But she couldn't help but to think that it was more of a remark of her own character than that of her brother. Her dark eyes grew shot him a quick glare, before throwing a glance at her twin and Dante.

"That is to no concern of you or this race," she added, a tad sharper this time, while taking the ticket from Jack as he joined them.
    "Well the race is still on so no harm done," she continued with a smile turning to Jack instead. "You must give our regards to Rosso, and welcome him back to the streets of Dice."
    Noting that Lindsey finally had decided to approach Dante she kept them under observation as she continued. "Do you know if he'll be staying a while this time? I'm sure Mr Pak would welcome a visit."

Veteran
    "Well," Jack started, and rubbed the back of his neck in an almost-embarrassed manner. "Truthfully, I have no idea where he is at the moment. I don't think he's got a permanent base of operations at present. Then again, I wouldn't really know. I'm not even a smallfry in this thing of his, either. More... eh... mid-level." He smirked, then looked at Erik. "What do you know Erik? Is he in the Dice this time of year?"

Erik cleared his throat lightly and shrugged, "Not right now. It depends on the situation and my trip here. If he's needed, he'll come. Hell... He might come because it's the first time the Dice has been brought up to him since he left a couple years back."

Erik looked at Min Ji and shrugged, "Sorry, Min Ji, you're right it isn't my concern." She obviously was touchy about her brother being the most restrained one.

He continued, "I Wish I knew where Rosso was though. I'll let him know of your greetings and well-wishes. Personally, it's been a few weeks since I've been around Rosso and I'd like to see him again. Should I ... use Mr.Pak's invitation to lure him?" Erik turned his head a few degrees and raised his eyebrow, eyes still fixed on Min Ji's. Hopefully she understood that there might be a business involvement. Erik wasn't one that typically needed protection, but a guide to the Dice besides Jack was a better thing than Jack alone. Face-time with the Chimaeras would boost his reputation in lieu of not wanting to broadcast he was with Rosso. Especially face time with the Twins.

"At the very least, I could meet the legend and let him know that Rosso's representative is in Kain's Dice, for possibly an extended period of time, depending on the situation I came for. However, I would like to keep it fairly low-key whom it is I work for. Not too many would recognize the car as his unless they knew much of him, which I'm not concerned about. Most of the people who know Rosso know Jack works for him anyway. He's Primarily a Watcher."

Jack piped in with another cleared throat, "Even though I love that you're being a diplomat, and that no one knows what you're talking about but us. We can't guarantee that for long." He lowered his voice a little, "I think we should talk about this later for that reason. Is that alright Min Ji? After the race perhaps, if you are free? I think Erik has an idea rolling around in his head."

Erik rolled his eyes a little and chuckled, "Thanks, Mr.Obvious," he joked quietly. "Shucks..."

Post Fiend

Dante Kane

Dante returned the Korean's smile, regarding him steadily for a moment. He was one of the lucky few that knew there was much more to Kwan Gi than met the eye. It was a rare thing to see him express emotion around others, he was sure to those close to him that Kwan Gi was at least a bit different. Dante admired that trait, and it was surprising how well it reflected his own self control. He had learned long ago that a good poker face can get you far, and Dante's was almost perfect. Like the male half of the Twins, he only showed as much emotion as he desired, however he was considerably more generous with showing emotion than Kwan Gs was. Not that he always portrayed the emotions that he was actually feeling, of course.

Movement in his peripheral vision caught his attention, and his eyes glanced over and back in less than the blink of an eye. Gravity seemed to try to rip is heart down through his stomach as he saw Min Sun approaching. The inevitable conflict, for that was surely the best word for what was to come, was at hand, and he felt a certain dread. Dante was a fairly fearless individual, but even so the sight of Min Sun all but stalking towards him was enough to provoke such feelings form him. He remembered clearly, almost a lifetime ago, when she had approached him countless times before ina much different fashion. Indeed had his past choices been different, or even a single one of them, perhaps she would still be looking at him as she used to. He couldn't say for certain.

"Well well well... look what the cat dragged in." Min Sun said, and he surpressed a sigh as she added, "What are you doing here?" He had expected something of that sort for their first encounter, however it didn't do much to soften the acid burn of her words, and he allowed himself to wince slightly in reaction. What made matters worse was that Min Sun was entirely right. Regardless of the circumstances, Dante knew her reaction to his actions those few years ago was completely warranted. He mentally kicked himself as he met her gaze calmly, his outward appearance not betraying his internal conflict, though his face wasn't a mask of stone.

"Hello to you, as well, Min Sun." he replied with a touch of warmth, making sure his voice would be clearly heard, it wouldn't do to have anything he said be misheard and make matters worse. He continued, looking back into her eyes, though without even a hint of challenge in them. "I came back to the Dice because I needed to. I left a lot behind back then." Dante kept his calm gaze still holding to Min Sun's firey eyes, his own far kinder as a touch of emotion crept into them, clear for her to see if she so choose to look for it. "I came back because I want to... to reconnect with everything I foolishly pushed away." his voice was even as he said this, though the slight implication directed at Min Sun was apparent. He stopped then, refraining against saying more. He had said his piece, or rather a piece of what he truly wished to tell Min Sun, and so he would see just how she wanted to react.

Dante was not an idiot. He knew it would take more than a few calm words to penetrate Min Sun's anger. For that matter, he wasn't even sure what he was pursuing at the moment, or even if there was anything left to pursue. All he did know was that she deserved to know the truth, at the very least. The question would be, however, just how much truth would she be able to handle...

Post Fiend
    Min Ji SONG

Min Ji gave Jack an understanding smile. Sometime she forgot what it was like not being one of the few people the boss trusted and shared private information with. The Song twins had quickly rissen in the ranks of the Chimaeras, as well as the daily cover TriCo Domain, much thanks to her own skills as a driver and Michael's bussiness sense, knowing when to be delicate about something and when to not.

"Jack is right, this conversation is better suited elsewhere," she noted with a smile playing on her lips. "Here," she said as she pulled out a dark violet business card, holding it out to Jack.

"Give us a call and we'll take it from there," she continued and turned to face Erik. Her annoyance with him seemed to have flown away. "Time to start the race, so I suggest you'd get ready..."

Their one on one with one of the most known names within the Chimaeras ranks was over and she quickly turned her back to them, heading over to the other cars.

Kwan Gi & Min Sun

Lindsey kept his gaze as he first dared to meet hers. Her eyes were dark and unreadible. Michael watched the scene with interest, wondering what her next step would be. With Lindsey it was always difficult to tell. The only thing he could tell for sure was that she was pissed.

"Well I wish you good luck with that," he finally heard her say, her voice soft and surprisingly gentle. Not really what he had expected of a pissed off Linds.

"You know... It is good to see you again...," she continued, taking a step closer towards Dante. "You left in such a hurry and I never got a chance to give you this..."

She leaned closer, closing the gap between their heads, as if to kiss him on his cheek as she grabbed him by his shoulders. However, she didn't stop by his cheek but continued to put her mouth close to his ear and whispered 'Welcome back' simulatenousely as she made a well aimed kick with her knee into his soft parts.

Now that was the Lindsey he knew, Michael thought as she took a step back, quickly turning her heels around and heading back to her car.

"Stop fussing around," he could hear Min Ji from behind. "The race is starting in 5, be ready or be out!"

Thread Information