Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Furious

Post Fiend
    (Last I knew we were waiting on you. Not much Geco and I could do without ya, but Ren seems to have gone AWoL :V

edit: I know, I was messing with ya. I was just saying cause I hadn't heard from ya in a bit :3)
    Last edited by LordKain; 04-03-2009 at 03:28.

Veteran
    ooc:

From my last post:

OOC: I'll leave you to what Erik says to Min Sun, and her reply SoHee. It's long enough. ^_^

It's also high time we move to the next day and give toby a chance to get in on the story. We can always retro-post, or even agree on what was said/happened off the pages.

as far as AWOL, no. I have nothing to involve myself with in your affairs yet. I found it to be a rather convenient time for me as well. I was gone on vacation for 4 days, and I've had a few other things to occupy my time. :)

Post Fiend
    Bump Bump
    Don't die D:

Post Fiend

The Songs

OOC: I know I'm more than fashionable late, but I'll give it a try and see if you are still lurking :)

IC: Lindsey (Min Sun) Song

It was still early in the morning when the sun hit Lindey's eyes and woke her up. Too early to get up, she decided, so without opening her eyes she rolled around. Two seconds later she was asleep again, snoring lightly. If anything, Lindsey had never had any trouble of sleeping until midday. If she wasn't out partying sleeping was probably next on her ToDo-list.

A couple of hours later she rolled around a few times before she began wake up again. She could feel the smooth feeling of satin against her bare skin as she stretched out on the bed like a cat. Satin, she thought. Since when had she changed to satin sheets? As her brain began to actually access her memory she opened her eyes. Nope. Definetely not her apartment. She had to think really hard before she could remember who the lucky guy could be.

"Erik," she whispered outloud, barely audible.

They had definetely gone to Ragnarok last night, after the race, that she was sure of. But after a few shots of this and that it was difficult to keep track of what they were doing. Some dancing, sure. Some more drinks and some more shots here and there. Apparently they had ended up at his place, wherever that was. She couldn't quite remember where -that- was.

"I hope I had fun," she said more to herself than anyone else, since the room was empty. Apparently Erik, well if it was Erik, of that she couldn't be entirely sure of yet, had already gone up.

She sat staring out the window for a couple of minutes, trying to remember anything else of last night, before she heard someone outside the door.

---
    The Song Twins

"Ready to go?" Michael yelled outloud as he had entered Amanda's wing in the Song's Mansion.

"Yeah I'm on my way," Amanda replied through a closed door. That would mean at least five minutes, he thought and sat down in the sofa, pulling the top paper from the coffee table. Feeling a bit restless he quickly threw it back after having quickly browsed the front pages.

"We will be late!" he yelled again looking at his wrist watch. They still had plenty of time, but he knew that if Amanda knew that it would take even longer.

He counted 7 more minutes before Amanda finally joined him. Today she was wearing a black tailored suit with a black shirt and high heels. Her long hair was gathered in a strict braid. If anything Amanda knew how to dress dramatically. Even though he didn't put as much effort into it as his sister he wasn't too shabby with his black Armani suit, dark violet shirt and thin black tie. A business-outfit with a twist. Maybe the many years with his sister had taught him one thing and another. He smiled as he saw how Amanda looked him over from top til toe.

"Do I fit your standards?" he asked with a grin. "Perhaps you want me to make a little twirl as well?" he continued with a slight mocking tone as he stood up.

"Shut up," Amanda replied in Korean. "I thought you said we were late..."

Half an hour later a white Mustang arrived outside the Pagoda. It was Michael's but as always Amanda drove. Entering the Pagoda Amanda stiffened slightly by the sight of Dante. She wasn't too surprised to see him there though. He and his crew was a big part of the underground in Dice. Well known and respected. Well, at least he had been respected once, in her eyes.

"Dante. Asuka," she greeted them both with a nod as Michael signed them in.

Veteran
    "Mmmuhhhhh...." Erik stood in the kitchet of Rosso's old apartment, which wasn't really much of anything. He was never there when he was in the Dice, except to... Well, even Jack wasn't sure what he was there for and he was the resident historian. Either way, it was well taken care of in his absence and stocked with liqours. It was on the small side for someone as successful as Rosso, but Erik wasn't complaining. It was larger than his own non-existent abode. There was ONE benefit to never owning anything; you got to use your boss's good stuff.

Perhaps, though, standing wasn't as good a word as forehead against the cold polished concrete countertop. "That Lindsey is going to be the death of me," he mumbled, "She drinks like a sailor." Lifting his head up he saw Jack sitting in a chair reading the latest legitimate and fake news on his PDA.

"Yep," Jack said simply without looking at Erik. "I can't believe that yo-" he started to say, when Erik held up a hand and wagged his finger. Pushing himself up fully, he grabbed his hair and tousled it. Erik then turned and opened the fridge, pulling out a loaf of bread and ripping open the package with little regard for air-tight seal afterward. He irritatedly grabbed a piece and shook it in Jack's direction.

"Don't even speak another word of it," he said. "She's in there, yes! And naked? Ohhhh! Yes, you better believe it," he continued, having lowered his voice. Taking a few steps forward then, after grabbing a chair to ease his dizziness, he got close enough to Jack to whisper comfortably. The world looked like it slid on ice. "I couldn't do it," he admitted.

Jack pulled his head back, raised his eyebrows, and slightly turned his head in surprise. His once crossed feet were firmly planted on the floor and he leaned closer to the booze-smelling Erik to get the scoop. "What do you mean?" He set his PDA down and started again, "That's worse than NOT going through with it," he whispered.

"That's just the thing," Erik said. "I can't burn my bridges. I told her to show me the town and that's what she did. I didn't ask for anything else. Truth be told, I was also a bit jet-lagged and tired. Still tired! It's 7PM for me in Brand New after all. It was a loooong day... Only slept a couple hours." Seeing Jack wasn't satisfied with just that answer, he rolled his eyes. "Fine," he grumbled and even quieter continued, "We fooled around for awhile. She was really drunk, I was really drunk. It wouldn't have been that great, let's face it. We probably would have ended up puking on each other. Her family wouldn't like a one-night-stand either." He grinned and nodded "Neither would I. I'd love to have her stick around," he said devilishly.

"Well," Jack said, not really sure what to say in reply. "At least in your selfishness you were of decent judgement. Her siblings probably would have you castrated for offering a partnership in good faith then sleeping with their sister on a whim." He pointed to the room, "How'd you get out of it?" he asked.

"Easy, I said I was going to get a shot of absinthe with warm water and sugar through a silver spoon," Erik grinned. "So I did. Then I had another. Then I went back and she was out like a light. Went back to the couch after grabbing a robe, and went to sleep."

Jack raised an eyebrow and narrowed his eyes. "Hmm... I think there's something else you're hiding, but," He shook his head. "Whatever." Erik took a bite of the bread and smiled while he chewed. "Interesting news today though, considering it's almost noon. There's been a string of weird mutilations around certain parts of town. Looks like they found a suspect," Jack said. "Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary."

"Huh," Erik said, nodding. "Should check that lead out," he tried to say around bread. "For now, get out. I want to make omelets."

"I can't stay for one? Rosso said you're a good cook, oddly enough."

Erik simply pointed to the front door and said "No."

An eyeroll and a few seconds later, Jack left the flat and Erik started making two omelets with bacon, tomato, serrache, black crushed pepper, a serrache based sauce on the side, and two high-balls with a raw egg in each and Tabasco sauce. After getting it all ready Erik piled the plates onto one arm, a skill acquired in the food industry as a drifter, opened the door and noticed she was just waking up. He sheepishly smiled, "Jo-eun ah-chim," he said softly, "or maybe it's after noon now... Hrmm..."

He set the plates down at the foot of the bed, silverware already on them, and offered her the choice, "Least I can do for showing me my way around the Dice last night. Ehm, don't worry, nothing too dramatic happened last night," Erik stated bluntly. "I can't take advantage of unconscious women. Especially when they have a personality as fiery as yours." He raised his glass, "Hangover remedy," Erik said and chugged.

OOC: He's in aforementioned robe.

Jun's evening ended far earlier than most of his underworld counterparts. Aside from being Katsumoto's go-to assassin, he was also an executive at Eclipse. Certain responsibilities came with being part of a public corporation. Granted, most of the shareholders were under Katsumoto's payroll, and all of the boardmen were at his mercy, but Jun still had to seem legitimate to the average people employed there. Researchers, scientests, engineers, designers, and everything from mailroom to accounting had to be oblivious to Eclipse's connections to the underworld.

Jun's morning, which actaully started around 9, was eventless. Research was progressing, but with no major breakthroughs since a few months ago when a mechanical limb was successfully grafted to human nerve endings. Since then, they have had issues with power sources in artificial limbs and causing nerve-death from over exertion. Jun's department was in cybernetics, be he honestly didn't know very much about the science. He simply filled out the paperwork and made sure deadlines were met. A few hours into his shift, he called his secretary into his office.

"Mizuki, I gave my card to a young woman last night. Hs she made contact?"

"No, Mr. Yamato. I haven't recieved any calls this morning, but your schedule is free for the rest of the day."

Jun smirked. He'd asked about his itenerary often when he called her in. It seemed she was cutting out the needless questions, "I'll be out for the rest of the day. I'll have my cell, but... well you know the drill."

"Yes, Mr. Yamato."

Jun made his way to the garage and into his BMW. His destination was the Sun family mansion. It was a place known to those who were connected well enough. On his way, he passed a white Mustang, glimpsing the elder twins as the passengers. Thier affairs were not his concern at the moment. Arriving a the mansion, Jun was denied entrance, but left a message for the youngest Sun sister before turning away. It would be unwise of her to avoid him for too long. Perhaps she simply had a long night, but one does not do a job for Katsumoto, however trivial it might be, and not make contact when asked to do so.

It was around 2 by the time Jun decided to return to his apartment and get a few hours of sleep before his real job started. Katsumoto, after his meeting with the devil, would surely have some new information for him.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Post Fiend

Min Sun SONG

"Erik," Lindsey while covering herself up with the quilt as he entered, as if she had expected it to be him. On the inside she felt relieved. At least it wasn't some douche. She could had done a lot worse than Erik.

"Hm hm, yeah, I guess ah-chim passed a couple of hours back," she replied eyeing the plates he was carrying. She was still trying to decide if her stomach wanted her to each or not. "How long have you been up anyway?"

She gave him a thankful smile in return as he sat down the plates, although her eyes turned a bit cold, if only for a millisecond, as he assured her that nothing had happened. Unconscious or not, her ego did take a little blow by that. It wasn't often she met someone that would say no to her, and she wouldn't have pegged him for being the gentlemen type of guy either.

As Erik drank she took the other high-ball and eyed it suspiciously for a few seconds before she followed suit.

"It feels like I got hit by a train last night," she said with a smile and took a look around. "So where are we again?" Followed by a big grin just as her cell made a beeping sound. She rolled over and picked it up from the floor next to her clothes. Apparently they hadn't done anything last night, but she was still naked, she thought as she opened the message. Someone had tried to find her at the Mansion, but apparently that someone didn't know she didn't share that residence with her siblings. Either way the message reached her, and it only meant that her apartment was more private than she had thought. Yamato Jun.

"I think I'm gonna have to make this short," she said after having thrown the phone back on the floor again. "You must have a busy schedule as well."

Veteran
    They had just started to regain a rapport when her phone beeped in a message, to Erik's surprised disappointment. At least I got to see her bare back again. Beautifully sleek, mhm! he thought, then remembered that she asked him a question when she spoke again.

"Right... where we are..." he said, sort of at a loss. "I'm not altogether sure myself. I flew in on my plane about twenty minutes before the race. I'm a totally lost person. Frankly, I'm impressed that you were able to drive here," Erik replied sincerely. "You showed me something you called the 'Dojo' a couple blocks before we got here?" He was a little confused because it had been a while he had that much fun in one night. It probably showed on his face.

"I can't really think of much I have to do," Erik said, tapping his chin. "I was supposed to try and meet with Mr.Pak I think... I can't... Remember... But I think I talked to your brother about joining up with the Chimaera last night and he said he'd have to check..." He shook his head. "I got up to make breakfast, but something on the news said something about some mutilations around town. Does that happen often?" he asked, totally off topic.

Post Fiend

Min Sun SONG

"Oh, near the Dojo. That's Samurai Jack and his crew." She pulled up the cover in front of her as she sat up again towards him. "At least I'll find my way home... but seriously, I can't believe you let me drive here!" She laughed and threw him a big grin as she noticed how energized he seemed to have been by it all. What she saw now was nothing like the person she had met last night by the race track. Apparently there was more to Erik than what she had seen so far. She realised that she had probably just started to scratch on the surface.

"Right, he told me you'd might stop by the Villa tonight," Lindsey replied as her brain began to function normally again. She threw her legs over the edge of the bed and pulled up her clothes. Walking towards what could only be a bathroom, with the cover tight around her body and clothes in hand she turned around.

"Mutilations?" she asked. "A lot is always happening here in DIce, but mutilations. No. Not that usual." She closed the bathroom door behind her and started to get dressed.

"Does it sound like a gang war?" she shouted through the closed door. "We do have those around these parts... but that it mostly gun fights, knives and what not. Mutilations, not that often..."

It didn't take her more than a couple of minutes before she returned out.

"Look, I'd better take off...," she said as she was heading towards the door, but before leaving she stopped in the door way. "If you stop by the Villa tonight maybe I'll see you again!"

As soon as she turned out on the street with her mazda she grabbed her phone, trying to balance both card, phone and steering wheel for a moment before she had a dial tone.

"Hi. I'm looking for Mizuki," she said as the other line picked up. "Yes, I'll hold." She turned a corner with the phone against her ear. "Yes, hi. I'm not sure if you were expecting a call from me or not, but Mr Yamato told me to give you a call."

OOC: Spoke to Geco and he just got back from a trip. He will join us again shortly! :)

"Mr. Yamato? Ah, you must be Miss Song. Yes, he was asking about you earlier," Mizuki replied across the line, "He will probably want to meet you at the Eclipse Futuristics research facility, but I'll connect you to his cell. Just a moment."

A few seconds later, the phone clicked and began a ringtone again. Jun was just walking through his apartment door as his end recieved the call. Removing the phone from its holder on his waist, Jun gazed at the caller ID, and hit the green talk button.

"Jun," he said as he tossed his keys and other small belongings into a sleek black bowl on a small table near the door. "Word travels fast, Miss Song. I was at your family's mansion only about fifteen minutes ago."

Sitting on his sofa, Jun relaxed while going over what he had to say, "You recall doing a small favor for me? That little task earned you one thousand dollars, but how would you like to make ten times that for one night's work?

"You see, Katsumoto-san has some very important cargo that needs to be delivered across... shall we say... competitive neighborhoods. I can explain more in person, but if you're interested we can talk more over dinner. Meet me at the Prestige around 7:30 this evening. Have a nice day, Miss Song."

Jun ended the call and laid his back against the sofa cusions. Hopefully the young Korean would have what he needed for the job. He watched her race the night before, at least, a portion of it. Any of the other drivers were capable, but too well connected in other arenas. Her relation to the infamous Song Twins wouldn't be a problem. The Chimeras, like any other gang, were always looking to expand thier area of influence, or so Jun hoped.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Post Fiend
    (Yeah, he said Monday he'd be back, but I bet he's just being a lazy arse :3 j/k Geco, don't kills meh! Also, rewriting a little of my last post here)

Dante slipped quietly into the bank to handle some business and Asuka took the time to look around a bit. She had been in the Pagoda often and it never ceased to amaze her, for more than a single reason. Inside the portion dedicated to the bank Dante smiled at the teller as he stepped up to her. "Good Morning, Sir. How can I help you?" she asked pleasantly and he flashed her a brief smile. "Morning, Penny," he said, addressing her by the name he read off of her tag which brought a bit wider smile to her face. It was a subtle thing, just something to make sure people knew that he, at least, knew they still existed as individuals. After all, it's the little things that count sometimes. "Just a little transfer for me today." he explained, waving his IdenChip over the scanner and then another. The transaction was simple, and innocent, but it was not quite so little. After a few minutes he had transferred a fairly large sum between the two accounts, one his personal one and the other the shop's. The personal account was a dummy one, of course, one of two or three he kept to keep the 'big boys' out of his true financial affairs. It also ensured that if anything should happen to his assets in the Dice he would not be up a creek without a boat or paddle.

As he exited the bank, conveniently meeting Asuka after a moment, the Song Twins made their entrance. They were still ahead of schedule, and Dante and Asuka both smiled at the pair. "Good morning Min Ji, Kwan Gi." he said, bowing slightly to both of them in turn. "Mornin'" Asuka simply replied with a little wave of her hand. "I told you you were underdressed." he shot at Asuka after taking in the Twin's attire, who rolled her eyes without replying. His attitude was almost entirely different form the night before. It didn't seem as if he felt all was better now that it was a new day, more was it that he just seemed like his old self. His ability to change his mood as such was another quality of him that either unsettled or irritated most. But he didn't think of that as he smiled again to them. "Interesting night, wasn't it?" he added to both twins, raising an eyebrow a little and obviously not talking about the race.

Veteran
    Erik was always business first. Always. Information about known mutilations escaped her, but that was alright. Locals don't always know everything. He would have asked if he could go with Lindsey, but it probably was a more private matter. He followed her as she hurried off to the exit. She opened it and started out but stopped. "If you stop by the villa tonight, maybe I'll see you again!" she said all bubbly-like.

"Maybe so," he said as she walked away. "Nice to have you here," he grinned. Erik's head still pulsated. He ruffled his hair as he walked back to the bedroom. Eating the rest of the omelet and drinking the rest of his concoction, he put the plates on the nightstand, disrobed, and crashed on his bed for another couple of hours. Rosso is the best boss ever, he thought, and passed out.

------

Jack left Rosso's old pad and since he was in the neighborhood, decided to drop by the old Dojo. His place was a little further down the road, a couple miles into the territory of the Chimaera, but the Dojo was more or less neutral ground that no one dared touch. Not even pushy and greedy corporations looking for cheap labor or building space. It wasn't the ritziest place, but it wasn't dirt poor either. The lower levels of crime allowed for a generally more peaceful lifestyle. An eye in the hurricane. Jack loved to frequent the various streets zig-zagging their way through, looking at people tending little gardens on the fire-escapes and balconies. The oasis of morality, relatively, in an otherwise immoral city, within an immoral world. He had a family once. Of all places, he might have taken them here. At least there was a vigilante group that would have looked over them, generally. That was before this life though. He was still a good man back then.

When he walked in, he saw Dante and Asuka but didn't plan on engaging them. Jack and the garage had few dealings with each other. Really he just wanted to be affiliated with Erik in a more of an associate sense in public view. Really all he was was a consultant anyway. Fitting his personality, he was dressed in a casual business suit sans tie. The top two open buttons of his designer button down shirt revealed a curious pendant on a necklace, barely more than a choker on him. Just from that view, though, you could tell he was a man with a physique that was a hidden strength. You could count the hours at the gym by the opening in his shirt revealing top of his chest. He wasn't just a quiet intelligent man, he was a hidden beast. The Vindicare trained him to take care of himself and anything that might get in his way. Not quite the same training that Erik, for instance, received, but quite deadly in it's own right. Surveillance sometimes was a dirty job, after all.

Jack lightly ran his fingernails across his stubbly bald head and decided to follow them casually. When he saw they went to see Jack, the other one, his eyebrow raised. Rosso and Jack had a great working relationship, often spilling over into the social life. Something about a mutual love for swords. Rosso, he had heard, came from a family of swordsmiths. Jack heard tell that Rosso had the unfortunate luxury of learning how to use it in the Dice when they were really popular. Dante, though, must want to make the rounds, letting former clients and such know that he was back in town. Either that, or Jack found things out really quick and wanted to know how he was doing.
    Last edited by Jolly Rensha; 02-04-2009 at 22:14.

Veteran
    "You're really here, eh?"

Rosso looked up from his morning paper, reading things that might or might not have happened in the Dice the night before. Something about a report of some police activity last night involving a crazy man. Something else a little interesting, but probably not related, was a report of a mutilation. The identity was not yet revealed, except to the family and officials, more would come of it later. Was this another prank of rival gangs or something else? Something belligerent and unknown, the paper asked dramatically. "Of course it's unknown," Rosso had earlier muttered, "Otherwise you would know who or what did this thing."

After setting the paper down, Rosso stood, taking a bag in hand as he walked towards the figure who addressed him. "Of course I am, Caleb. Would you be seeing me if I were not?" Rosso asked. Quickly raising a hand he grinned, "Better not answer that, heh."

Caleb smiled back and chewed on his gum idly. As Ross grew near, the two clasped hands and drew each other close in the hearty embrace of friends. "Been a while, Rosie. Got your message, but I still don't know what you're about. Vacation or business?" Caleb asked.

Rosso took a step back and motioned for Caleb to walk to the car. "Business. There was a report that came through a little while ago of the suspicion of some sort of abnormal activities going on in the Dice. I just read a report of a mutilation. Could be something, could be nothing, but I take things like these as signs, personally."

Caleb strolled toward the exit of the airport and nodded. "Okay," he said simply. "What of all the 'laying low' talk? Don't you want to tell your guy you're in town?"

"Not particularly. He's a little clingy; both of them are, actually..." Rosso shook his head and rolled his eyes. "But they're good men. I'll be observing both of them through this mission of theirs, and aid them from behind the scenes. Erik, though, reminds me of what it would be like to have a son, or a little brother perhaps. I'd hate for him to get in too deeply into something he can't handle."

"Sounds like a 'fungi'," Caleb said and grinned. "Alright. Well, like I said, the door is open as long as you need it. I'm sure that Cerberus wouldn't mind giving you a hard time, ha!" In a few more quiet steps they reached the waiting car at the drop-off and drove away.

An uneventful drive later, they showed up at the Hellhound's HQ. A penthouse at the top of a rather plain but still majestic vintage building. Rustic and with character, it was obviously old, but not ill-maintained. "Ah, the Kennel is just as I remember," Rosso said. "Home sweet home. Good times and bad fights in the walls of this concrete palace."

"You always did have a way with words," Caleb simply replied. "Come on, let's go up." The two entered an old freight elevator in the garage, which seemed to hold no cars. They were not so foolish as to house them in the open. The Hellhounds were professionals. Professionals who knew when to quit and when to get out. A short ride to the top and they had a bird's eye view of much of the Dice. With technology being what it was today with optics, it was quite the advantage.

"Make yourself at home, Rosie. You know you're way around. Hasn't changed much," Caleb said and opened the door. The marble floors and ornate pillars were Rosso's request many years ago. A common room should be opulent. A place you could take a business associate and not be embarrassed about the appearance of your operation or image. As good as the Hellhounds were at what they did, they left much to be desired about how to work with other gangs. They were not on uneasy terms or on good terms with anyone, still, but at least they were respected for things other than just their ruthlessness and skills. Truely, they were dogs when Rosso first arrived. He even managed to domesticate Cerberus for a time.

Turning his head around a pillar, Rosso saw a familiar sword rack. It held many swords that the smith once made and the Hellhounds once frequently used in duels. "The sparring room is still the next floor down, correct? Then the apartments beneath?" Caleb nodded in reply and walked over to a wet-bar on the far side of the reception hall to make a couple of drinks. Rosso went to the rack and inspected the swords, remembering every filigree and every engraving. "Spectacular," he mumbled.

"Indeed," Rosso said to Caleb, "I'll have a great time in the Dice again. I think I'll chill for a bit, unpack, and then try to talk to Mr.Pak privately before nightfall. After that... Time to play the watcher once more."

"Need company?" Caleb asked, walking over with Rosso's drink. "A guy could always use a second pair of peepers.

"Sure," Rosso said, shrugging, and took his drink.

Veteran
    ooc: sooooo no one is continuing on i take it? :(

Post Fiend
    ooc: yes, sorry I would really like to continue, but I've been a bit under for a bit and haven't been able to come up with a good exit strategy since geco left... :(
    I'll try soon!

Thread Information