Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DO NOT VOTE JOHN McCain

Coal burning power plants are not that environmental friendly either.
    honestly I've seen people die of leukemia, trust me it ain't pretty

it makes asthma look so much better, if you're referring to smog

and if you weren't referring to smog, man made global warming has never been proven, were as the effects of chernobyl have been proven! The few that claim man made warming has been proven are liars, because a. they're gullable idiots and believe in an elaborate fallacy (usually it's plain circular reasoning), or b. they use it as a panacea for political reasons because lets be honest oil and gas are depleted within our lifetimes. Coal on the other hand is still good for an estimated 4 centuries.

To be honest man made global warming can never be proven, just like you can't proof the existence of god. There are those that want or need to believe in it and there are those that don't. Truth be said, it is wiser to do the latter.

Now as for Africa, that is a slippery slope you are using there. Of course there are some good countries, the thing is Obama is wants to send the aid to the bad ones.

The response McCain made in most foreign affairs, particularly with regard to evil regimes is a good and sensible one, Obama's response on the other hand is downright wrong, irresponsible and unbelievably stupid and weak.

I'm politically left myself and on most issues i am more closely tied to the democrats than the republicans. The thing is though, Obama is an inexperienced fool and simply wrong on whole lot of issues. Also he is not progressive enough on those issues were he needs to be and oh irony here, McCain is, something you wouldn't normally expect from a republican. Sure McCain picked Palin, a rightwing religious nutter, but he himself is no right extremist, Obama on the other hand is an left extremist, the way he soldout to the unions on immigration tells you so, though admittedly not as bad as Palin. However remember it is Obama and McCain calling the shots, not Biden and Palin.

Now with regard to taxes and economy, both sides are equally bad, I see numerous wrongs with both Obama and McCain there. Obama can say all he wants about the economy, truth be said, he is not better than McCain there.

It basicly comes down to this, both Obama and McCain sux on the economy, Obama sux with foreign relations, where as McCain does not sux. Ergo like i say so often, both sides are bad, it is just that you are worse off with Obama.

If you can't get a perfect pick, than you need to prioritize, voting for McCain would be the sensible solution in that respect.

So I hate to say it, but you do not want to vote Obama.
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by freemehul View Post
    To be honest man made global warming can never be proven, just like you can't proof the existence of god. There are those that want or need to believe in it and there are those that don't. Truth be said, it is wiser to do the latter.
    It may not be possible to prove this to you but the fact that a vast majority of scientists agree that man's activities have a big part in global warming is thankfully enough for other people.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by AFKain View Post
    Dolgil, ever heard of electric cars?

010101, Where did you get the idea that Europe doesn't have nuclear power plants? My guess would be that many European countries get more of their electricity from nuclear power than the US does.
    Some European countries have nuclear power plants not all of them. When Russia shuts down it's gas supply to Europe, Europe will have a very cold winter.

Veteran
    So care to make a little list of all those countries which aren't included in "some"? I had a little look and I found only one country, Italy (they plan on building plants though). Anyway, from my understanding the US gets about 20% of its power from nuclear plants, the majority of the countries I checked on had about that or more.

And don't worry about the winter, your CO2 emissions will make it warm and cozy all year round soon ;)

When Russia shuts down it's gas supply to Europe, Europe will have a very cold winter.
    wrong we still have our own reserves

It may not be possible to prove this to you but the fact that a vast majority of scientists agree that man's activities have a big part in global warming is thankfully enough for other people.
    what can i say people are idiots, a lot can't tell the difference between a fallacy and a sound argument, you being a shiny example of it

as for the scientists, a minority yes minority indeed agrees with it. Most of them are biologists and climatologists. Not exactly the experts on effects of heating. In that respect I take a geologists word over a climatologist anyday and there is a good reason for that. A reason I bet you will fail to notice, if you are using such a nice example of an appeal to authority. ;)

Post Fiend
    Oh that will stop terrorists from attacking us! Let's take money away from the military! That's brilliant!
    In case you have forgotten, the Terrorists were not in Iraq. We went into Iraq on accusations of weapons of mass destruction that has now been proven were not there. Our administration failed us. We have brought the terrorists into Iraq and have created more terrorists being there.

The Terrorist that attacked us was in Afghanistan and now Possibly Pakistan. His name is Osama Bin-Laden.

If we stayed and did the job in Afghanistan instead of getting side tracked in Iraq we would have done a lot more good. Iraq did more harm.

BTW: I believe in a strong military. Iraq has not made our military strong.

sidetracked is strategic wits in this case

not only did you get rid of an evil dictator, you also did it in a nation on a very strategic location

Iraq has not made our military strong.
    correction CT nutjobs like you is what has not made the military strong

not to mention the timing involved for renewable energy

seriously swirvin, not only are you a ct nutjob, you're just plain dumb

No matter who gets the throne, America will become a little bit more like Sweden in the process.

Me, I'm more into McCain, because he's almost on Bush's level of funniness and craziness, while Obama is embarrassingly confused at all times.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Veteran
    You wouldn't happen to have any kind of proof of your claim that only a minority of the scientists support global warming?

http://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/climate-chang...sis-spm-en.pdf

That's the link to a report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change illustrating that the big part of global warming has been caused by human actions. The results have been endorsed by all of the national academies of science of the major industrialized countries.

Endorsements:
    http://www.pik-potsdam.de/aktuelles/...eclaration.pdf
    http://royalsociety.org/displaypagedoc.asp?id=13619

Post Fiend
    Personally I think the Netherlands should cut back on the amount of money they spend on the military and put more money into environmental research. As far as I know the only nuclear plant in Leiden is not a power plant but a research plant and a supplier for medical grade isotopes for hospitals.

the Netherlands should stop being the US lapdog. We should have never gone to Iraq, or Afghanistan. Countries in general should stop trying to push their own morals on other countries. I say we should legalize all drugs in the Netherlands and have our own laws about abortion, euthanasia etc. If we like it liberal screw the rest. If Afgenistan wants to be a Muslim state why stop them. I really don't care if Iran has an atomic bomb, maybe if they would have one Israel would stop acting so high and mighty.

About global warming, only a real idiot would deny that the earth IS warming up. Maybe not solely due to human behavior but we are a big part of it. But even if we have nothing to do with it it is still a good idea to stop venting our **** into the atmosphere. We need to cut down on out consumption of the natural recourses.

Personally I think the Netherlands should cut back on the amount of money they spend on the military and put more money into environmental research.
    personally I think the opposite. Most of the research is a total waste of money. Seriously going to Spitsbergen and count the number of polar bears, is not that productive andf what the hell man the amount we spend on our military is downright shameful, way too little, we should spend more on our military and get them better vehicles so at least they have some decent protection.

We should have never gone to Iraq, or Afghanistan.
    oh and you want them to rule the world, seriously have you got some kind of deathwish, or are you just retarded?

About global warming, only a real idiot would deny that the earth IS warming up.
    read dumbass, I'm not saying that, I'm saying you can't proof it is man made.

I say we should legalize all drugs in the Netherlands and have our own laws about abortion, euthanasia etc. If we like it liberal screw the rest.
    oh yeah right and next you'll be telling me the U.S. does this, does that, does anything to prevent us from going liberal

pffft

seriously not everyone is like Palin in the U.S.

Post Fiend
    seriously not everyone is like Palin in the U.S.
    I know not everyone is like Palin or Bush or McCain, just the people in power are.

read dumbass, I'm not saying that, I'm saying you can't proof it is man made.
    Does that matter? You can neither proof it is not man made.

oh and you want them to rule the world, seriously have you got some kind of deathwish, or are you just retarded?
    Like they where going to rule the world, wake up and smell reality. How would Sadam ever rule the world?

get them better vehicles so at least they have some decent protection.
    If we didn't send out our military they wouldn't need better vehicles. I am not talking about counting polar bears but more fundamental research and not just environmental. We have some great minds working in our technical universities let them do some research without having to beg for money at companies.

I know not everyone is like Palin or Bush or McCain, just the people in power are.
    it sounds like you don't know

You can neither proof it is not man made.
    nor I can proof there aren't really leprechauns in Ireland, it is just sensible to know that there aren't

How would Sadam ever rule the world?
    well he can't do it now can he? ;)

Thread Information