Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate my Gnome Warrior

Banned
    I'm saying if a gome goes half halfings and half pikemen his or her max off and max off will be half of what it would be if he or she was going full elites. The reason full elites work is because all other race use elites too and there elites add much more to net worth.

Postaholic
    actually people are thinking too hard about inflated networth. yes its true gnomes networth are inflated, but they are also more flexible than others. they might have slightly weaker military than their orc/human/DE/ counterparts at the same networth, but its NOT enough that ur enemy can double tap u. gnome require a lot of skill to control ur offense/defense ratio in a war. the WRONG way to play gnome is to blindly suicide and make double taps (and receive double tap in return), because ur lack of hospital will very quickly become obvious and ur military will collapse. however if u play it careful and trade single taps only to slow down the pace of war while effectively using ur thieves to slowly crack down ur opponent, it can be quite strong (of course if u keep too much off specs u loose this flexibility)

Quote Originally Posted by waheed View Post
    actually people are thinking too hard about inflated networth. yes its true gnomes networth are inflated, but they are also more flexible than others. they might have slightly weaker military than their orc/human/DE/ counterparts at the same networth, but its NOT enough that ur enemy can double tap u. gnome require a lot of skill to control ur offense/defense ratio in a war. the WRONG way to play gnome is to blindly suicide and make double taps (and receive double tap in return), because ur lack of hospital will very quickly become obvious and ur military will collapse. however if u play it careful and trade single taps only to slow down the pace of war while effectively using ur thieves to slowly crack down ur opponent, it can be quite strong (of course if u keep too much off specs u loose this flexibility)
    Basically, you're saying turtling is useful. I fail to see how this is the case unless 1, it's OOW, 2, your entire KD is turtling, or 3, you aren't a team player.

Full elite is a really bad idea on gnome, running 5 ospecs/acre already drops your nwpa by 6.25. The MS resistance argument might make one run fewer than 5/acre though.

Regular
    Vines thinks his province is good because he is looking at max opa/dpa instead of practical opnw/dpnw...

Davidoff, your buildings need a lot of fixing as people have explained and your army needs a conversion to mostly spec troops.

Me again

Hey,

First of all, thanks everyone for the comments. Think most of them are usefull, will change my building strat. to the suggestions made.
    Still not convinced about the leets though. I agree gnomes are NW inefficient but during the two wars our Kd has had this age I gained 500acres in each war and doing 2 attacks per day. Maybe lucky, maybe cos I'm a bastard who attcks big guys just after they made an attack and my armies are always back sooner than theirs, maybe cos we fought easy targets who knows.

And i have so much towers atm cos I get most my land OOW with paradise
    Last edited by Davidoff; 12-09-2008 at 07:26.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidoff View Post
    but during the two wars our Kd has had this age I gained 500acres in each war and doing 2 attacks per day.
    Did that have anything to do at all with using elites?

No it didn't. But being a super fast attacker with QF, rax and warrior doesn't this combine better with full elites than with specs where it does not matter if your a fast attacker (for retals that is)?

Also I find F-minus a bit exagerated

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
    Vines thinks his province is good because he is looking at max opa/dpa instead of practical opnw/dpnw...

Davidoff, your buildings need a lot of fixing as people have explained and your army needs a conversion to mostly spec troops.
    It is practical opnw/dpnw if it was not I would be getting smashed every day. In fact my military is stronger then every province that has opped me but two and those people were over 100k in net worth bigger and there military was only a little stronger. You have to remember my max population is about double what normal province my land size would be. So all those standards people try to feed you understand what they are saying, and then learn your own ways and once you do that you will have superb player. A player that go beyond the standards much like my strategies.
    Those practical opnw/dpnw numbers are based on max population. And the max population number that "these players" are getting is based on the base number of population one gets per acre. So this base number of population sets a limit to what is a practical opnw/dpnw. However in Red Mist's case it's max population is just about 13k-15k more than the base number of population one gets per acres, so a practical opnw/dpnw is around double of what it would normally be. This is the age of the awakening not the age of yesterday. So play the game and have fun. And never let any one intimidate you with formulas. If someone tries to intimidate you with formulas tell them, "so what I do what I want."
    Last edited by vines; 12-09-2008 at 07:54. Reason: fix a typo

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    It is practical opnw/dpnw if it was not I would be getting smashed every day. In fact my military is stronger then every province that has opped me but two and those people were over 100k in net worth bigger and there military was only a little stronger. You have to remember my max population is about double what normal province my land size would be. So all those standards people try to feed you understand what they are saying, and then learn your own ways and once you do that you will have superb player. A player that go beyond the standards much like my strategies.
    Those practical opnw/dpnw numbers are based on max population. And the max population number that "these players" are getting is based on the base number of population one gets per acre. So this base number of population sets a limit to what is a practical opnw/dpnw. However in Red Mist's case it's max population is just about 13k-15k more than the base number of population one gets per acres, so a practical opnw/dpnw is around double of what it would normally be. This is the age of the awakening not the age of yesterday. So play the game and have fun. And never let any one intimidate you with formulas. If someone tries to intimidate you with formulas tell them, "so what I do what I want."
    woah!
    1) you have ~35-36 pop/acre
    and there is no way in hell that 35-36 is double the 28-29 pop/acre most people put out
    (although, you are the person that says 1/92 = 0.92 so i guess by your maths it is)

2)
    those people were over 100k in net worth bigger
    that means nothing, we need to know your size, and their size, so we can compare, 100k bigger means nothing @ 1 mil+ nw, but at 100-200k nw its a big deal

3)
    However in Red Mist's case it's max population is just about 13k-15k more than the base number of population one gets per acres, so a practical opnw/dpnw is around double of what it would normally be
    that makes no sense what so-ever... it read's like you are saying that your prov get 13-15k more population PER acre than a normal person gets

also, per acre numbers only affect opa/dpa
    dpnw and opnw are your defense and offense divided by network, respectively

feeds vines a cookie

Regular
    You wouldnt leave 0 DPA at home why go full elites?
    You wouldnt leave 120 DPA at home ( or you could and be selfish and attack when other attack) , why go full elites?

So why not lower your NW as much as possible without sacfricing military power? 60DPA on 1200 is more then 60 DPA on 1100.

You want to leave 40 min dpa at home, then build 40 dpa worth of dspec.
    You want to leave 80 dpa at home when all your armies is home. Build another 40 DPA of elites.
    The rest you build Ospecs.

Elites/specs

@ Ced: i understand what you are saying and i agree that same military power at a lower NW is a big plus but i feel less flexible when using specs:

how i see it
    all elites:
    armies at home = unbreakable
    quick attacks to get them home again
    during war you can break anyone anytime (you wouldn't do it not to suicide but still you have the possibility and the opposition knows it)

specs:
    everyone knows your max offense and max defence and if you can break them or not

As long as you keep your defense high enough with all elites and not suicide I think you can do as well or better as a combined strat

Regular
    your always attacking, you being unbreakable jsut means your kingdommate is going to get attacked instead of you and if they do break 80 dpa for yours, either they are much bigger then you hence the gain is not maxized or they left very little dpa at home hence you can break them back. Why be selfish and instead attack whenever your troops get back? ( granted you could be sleeping or busy)

and like i said, if u leave less then 30DPA at home when your army is out then people is going to double tap you and you just bascially gave them an advantage. Going all elites bascially give you mroe flexiblity to either be selfish or be stupid.

yes they know you can break them if you send ALL your OPA but they also know you wont and you will probably leave a certain DPA at home. Its not going to stop them from attack you because your 0 DPA or 20 suicide can break them.

Your just forcing yourself to have to send more offense to break someone for max gain while making them send less offense for max gain.
    Last edited by Ced; 12-09-2008 at 11:27.

Sir Postalot
    or you can just run ~3-4 off specs and 3-4 def specs per acre and rest (7-10) elites?

It's a proven fact that everyone who plays gnome is a selfish former T/M.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by vines
    And never let any one intimidate you with formulas. If someone tries to intimidate you with formulas tell them, "so what I do what I want."
    yeah! **** science! Creationism ftw!

@Davidoff
    You dont need to run only spec. Just run your base on Spec, and then have 30-50% leets for the flexibility and the joy of seeing people failing 30 SoM's in a row on you :)

@VT2
    Ive played Gnome a couple of times. And ive never played TM :P

Thread Information