Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massacring T/Ms

Regular

Massacring T/Ms

Quick recap: We're a decidely average kd's currently in a long-term war. So far we've been doing ok.

We've got 2 big provinces that are pretty much safe, but can't multi-tap with impunity. The other kd has several T/Ms that only the former can hit. The T/Ms have been doing significant dmg to our attackers.

I was wondering if it's worth it to massacre the T/Ms when the NW difference is around 65 %? I seem to remember that the rule of thumb is don't bother with anyone less than 75 %, even a T/M.

If a massacres anre't going to do much, then the provinces are better off razing instead?

Think raze could be effective, if you can take them down far enought. Like 50% of their size maybe?
    I doubt massacres will be extraodinary effective against someone 65% of your nw :P

Sir Postalot
    hmmm...
    i say see how massacre goes, if they are still killing >0.75 pop/acre (non-army), then

No, sillies, just take their land.
    As their land drops, their defense and thieves drop, too, and, in the end, the rest of your kingdom will be able to hit them, and then they WILL quit, because T/M's are selfish players, and don't like it when their honor vanishes.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Fiend
    (delete)
    Last edited by TehDudeAbides; 11-09-2008 at 23:11. Reason: Mobile Net is playing up

Post Fiend
    (delete)
    Last edited by TehDudeAbides; 11-09-2008 at 23:10. Reason: Mobile Net is playing up

Post Fiend
    (delete)
    Last edited by TehDudeAbides; 11-09-2008 at 23:10. Reason: Mobile Net is playing up

Post Fiend
    Make sure he you hit there land you can over pop quickly. Otherwise setup some wt and then hit. Massacre > raze in war

Regular
    Hmmm...normally I would prefer massacres. But I think the NW difference is too big and with only 2 provinces doing it...?

Right now my opinion is that maybe it's better to raze them 4 times and then MAYBE try to overop them quickly. Our armies are all pretty much suckage right now.

Thanks for the input. Feel free to advise me further.

If you are going to raze them, make sure to raze them far enought to make them useless. Else theyll just grow stronger.

raze in war just destroys buildings someone.

personally id massacre them, but only cos its a fast attack. once their defense is buggered get the rest of the kd to chain them out of nw range.

edit: raze might be faster due to nw differences.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

True. Sry, my fault.

Then i believe massacres are to be preferred.

Regular
    Taking land would be better. Sure, massacre is faster, but you won't make a serious enough dent in their T/M capacity to notice a difference. With a few land grabs, they'll have to start playing damage control, using/releasing their resources to save themselves instead of opping you.

Regular
    I would want land grab too. But with the size difference we'll have to start with razes and see if we can get to land grabs.

Regular
    I would want land grabs too. But with the size difference...it's going to be slow.

Thread Information