Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: late start. race choice?

late start. race choice?

I'm an older player giving the game a re-try. (Been gone for about a year, I think.)

Any suggestions as to what race/personality would be good for starting mid-age?

edit: 'older,' in this sense, means 'someone who played for a long time.' I assume my actual age has little bearing on my race choice...

Postaholic
    human/merc or dark elf/mystic...

strong & easy to play.

Agree.
    Also, its pretty easy to make a decent a/t with gnome/almost anything.

Sir Postalot
    human/merch, or gnome rogue =)
    i would say human/merch, as your're a little out of practice, just get 2-2.5 tpa and run a 1:1 elites:defspecs
    cant really go wrong =P
    (although, the spell failure rate WILL piss you off)

other option is orc/warror

Postaholic
    human/merchant, gnome/rogue and orc/warrior are all great picks

u can choose dark elf if u want but u will soon find out why it sucks

Dark elf/anything or human/anything besides mystic.
    Dark elf is very weak defensively, and is always open to attacks, but human has this annoying auto-fail for self-spells.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Banned
    If you want to grow fast go with gnome art.
    If you want to attack from the get go and gain land through that way orc war hero. It all depends on what you want to do.

Whoo! Woo! 100
    Vines, do tell please explain orc/war hero.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTyson View Post
    Vines, do tell please explain orc/war hero.
    Don't feed the troll!!!!
    NOOO

Ok, back to topic.
    Choose something that exponentially increases your choice

Human Merchant for superb money making. 10/10 for easiness
    Dark Elf Mystic for very nice spellcasting 8/10 - Need to control NWPA concerning defense. IMO you should try to versatile your elites and use them to attack rather than turtle full elite defense.
    Gnome Rogue for nice Thieving. 5/10 Need to control the elites heavily, not like the old Halfling here.

Elf is a harder race to play. But if you like attacking go for Elf Warrior for nice attack times but don't think you'll be sleeping in with 7 hour - 8 hour attack times :P.

Orc is really only good as a heavy hitter so you pair it with Warrior because your elites are so easy to ambush.

If you want a challenge you can go Hybrid which the simplist is DE mystic or Gnome Rogue but hardest IMO is Elf War Hero.

Banned
    TehDude I would call you a troll but your just going on popular belief you don't know any better. Ocr/war hero I would run high arms. This will cut cost on military big time allow an orc to build the must have 8/2s with in a quicker time frame.

Post Fiend
    vines why not just say dwarf with lots of armories, you haven't justified your answer.

Banned
    Because I think orc war hero is stronger than Dwarf war hero. Dwarf is too weak I will not use dwarf. They have made dwarf useless.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaIsGay View Post
    vines why not just say dwarf with lots of armories, you haven't justified your answer.
    IGNORE THE TROLL.

Back to the thread.

Have you decided a choice my friend?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    I'm an older player giving the game a re-try. (Been gone for about a year, I think.)

Any suggestions as to what race/personality would be good for starting mid-age?

edit: 'older,' in this sense, means 'someone who played for a long time.' I assume my actual age has little bearing on my race choice...
    I was in the same situation and picked Elf/Wh, with the halved losses and extra credits it's quite easy to grow fast through attacking.

Banned
    LuckyLuke makes a good point. Elf/wh also looks like a really good why to go if you want to grow through attacking.

Thread Information