Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwarf

Post Fiend

Dwarf

without being a smart-ass and dissing dwarves, does anyone know any other good war strat for a dwarf merchant? A/M

A/M is probably better left to dark elves. As a Dwarf you will need watch towers. Fitting in guard stations and hospitals helps, too. Only have enough stables to mount any off specs.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Banned
    Well if you want to be attacker mage you need one of two things 1. be a mystic or 2. have a lot of guilds. I would go with number one.

Post Fiend
    i was thinking this,

10% farms
    25% training grounds
    25% forts
    25% watchtowers
    10% guilds
    5% towers

anyone care to improve?

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaIsGay View Post
    i was thinking this,

10% farms
    25% training grounds
    25% forts
    25% watchtowers
    10% guilds
    5% towers

anyone care to improve?
    Should never run too many of a single % based building - usually 15% is more than enough, because of DBE. So imo drop 10% TG, 15% forts, 10% WT, and put into 10% banks, 10% hosps, 15% rax, for starters.

Aid out surplus cash to people, hide behind fog, and throw a million fireballs at your opponents, as well as tornadoes, if your WPA is high enough - which it should be.

Dwarf has the second best wizards in the game.

Get 20%-25% watchtowers, and you'll be safe and secure.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Fiend
    thanks VT2, makes sense, i'll give it a try. my current strat failed me majorly. im monarch and i got chained to the max. got opped by 17 of their 23 provinces. once my watchtowers were burnt down and my wizzies assassinated it went downhill from there.

But if you are going to play AM, you need more guilds aswell? Unless you plan to stay the same size, and/or pump wizzies every now and then.

You'll probably need a week to get things back together.
    I recommend you run 40% guilds until you have 2.5 or 3 raw WPA, then focus on science after that.

It's kinda easy to play dwarf, but you need to know what you're doing.

During wars, keep 20% towers or more, depending on your magic-science. You'll need all the ammo you can get.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Are you saying dwarf is a better A/M than elf mystic because of the 25% more effective towers? If so, I would say that the extra 5% land you need on towers as an elf is a small price to pay for the +1 mana/hr and +30% spell strength. Of course, not saying that elf A/M is a good idea, I just think dwarf A/M is a worse idea. Actually, I just think dwarf is a terrible idea in general.

I would say that dwarf outperforms elf any day of the week - because it's not merely about M, but also A, and the dwarf is tough as rock to crack, while a few hits on an elf will overpop and seriously weaken you.

Free buildings, better buildings, fog, immunity to fog... Yeah. Do I need to continue?
    Elf is A/T, not A/M.

I agree with VT2, however dwarfs aren't particularly strong unless there are a lot of them in the kingdom. The best thing about dwarf is fog (and immunity to fog). This advantage is negated if the enemy can just attack another race. Free buildings is awesome in war...

Run about 3 raw wpa and do FB runs. If you find a weak target (or your thieves can AW) then do tornadoes, but otherwise the failure rate will probably be too high to work effectively. You will also need a minimum of 20% WTs, but probably more (no more than 25% though).

Postaholic
    actually dwarf has the weakest military in game (gnomes has slightly weaker raw military but they usually make up for it with more TG/fort). their elites are extremely nw-inefficient. u can try and run more specs to reduce nw but u'll leave urself wide open to NS (watchtowers cant protect u during wars because u'll always have about 25% of ur land in progress, with half of them being completed 10h ahead of the other half). the only way to be safe from NS is to use a lot of elites, and that of course translates to weaker military

VT2 is right about running 40% guild until 3 raw wpa tho, u should do that. but i would build only 10% tower and rely some on kingdom mates for the rest. with good science (+40% magic) and dwarf BE, 10% towers should provide a typical a/m with almost enough runes to cast self spells, cast cb and fireballs (approx 70~80% of what u'll need at least)

20~25% watchtowers is overkill. generally 15% is enough to stop people from abusing u with thieves unless they wish to do it at great cost. but u have to be very careful to always keep that % high (of course given that u r running a lot of elites. if u r running a lot of specs and attacking twice a day u can forget about being safe from thief. if u attack once a day tho u will be ok)

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by waheed View Post
    actually dwarf has the weakest military in game (gnomes has slightly weaker raw military but they usually make up for it with more TG/fort). their elites are extremely nw-inefficient.
    GTFO
    dwarf has better BE, therefore has better modifiers than gnome
    and their elite is far better than gnome, simply cause of space efficiency =)

Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    I would say that dwarf outperforms elf any day of the week - because it's not merely about M, but also A, and the dwarf is tough as rock to crack, while a few hits on an elf will overpop and seriously weaken you.

Free buildings, better buildings, fog, immunity to fog... Yeah. Do I need to continue?
    Elf is A/T, not A/M.
    Building credits = free buildings already. So free buildings is not as big a bonus as one might think.
    Dwarves need WT, which negate the better buildings, since WTs effectively squash the other buildings on less land.
    Bad elite/military - NW inefficient like hell.
    Fog - good if your whole KD can use it. But who will do thievery?
    Immunity to fog - well, most people see that dwarves fail this age, so immunity is not so useful =]

You only think Elf should be A/T because for some unknown reason you feel that gnome is unplayable, when it is really the only effective A/T.

Elf should be a pure attacker, or minor in magic - greed, fb, etc. Doing thievery is certainly an option, but not the better one, imo. Synergizes with nothing. Anything an elf can achieve in thievery, most other races can achieve better.

Thread Information