Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dwarf

The building bonus is as good as one might think in a decent kingdom. Building credits don't give anywhere near enough to keep buildings up in war, especially if you are the unlucky recipient of a chain. All the gold saved from building goes to training military. Couple that with dwarfs strong economy and they can outlast most other provs in wars. And every other race needs WTs too, just dwarfs need a few more. Pretty much any attacking race except gnomes needs 10% WTs in war, so it most certainly does not negate the benefits of having 125% BE. And fog...best spell in the game IMO. An all dwarf warrior kingdom (using barracks) with fog up at all times is a force to be reckoned with.

In terms of A/t, I don't think elf is best. Gnome is the best, but humans can also be useful with their strong economies and science. As simon said (no pun intended...), elves are great pure attackers or A/m for pitfalls and FBs. The only issue is that they'll probably need to be fed runes.

Veteran
    ChinaIsGay with a dwarf/merchant i think you should just be attacker. Theres not enuf land for the towers needed and you dont have any good spells anyways.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by _greenie View Post
    GTFO
    dwarf has better BE, therefore has better modifiers than gnome
    and their elite is far better than gnome, simply cause of space efficiency =)
    not at all actually. we played dwarves ourself and warred other good dwarf kingdoms, and i guarentee u it was not a wise choice and dwarf's military is weaker than gnome (unless u play gnomes the wrong way)

the toughest dwarf we encountered were those with full elite, and thats simply because they are hard to NS down (combined with good hosp and good flexibility its decent in long wars). as far as military efficiency its very average

Post Fiend
    lead pipe, i actually started this ge as a pure attacker though our kingdom was short a few mystics so i changed. i've been every race and i think dwarf is themost fun and best to play.

waheed, if you war a kingdom full of dwarves chances are that some of them are playing it for the first time. dwarves are good if you know how to use 'em.

Postaholic
    it was last age not this age. and our players are all experienced. as for our opponents, the good dwarves are definitely amongst the finest in the game

of course dwarves played by our/those players are still good, but compare to what we wouldve done if we had picked other race, dwarf is really not a strong choice if u want to go for military strength

Regular
    Dwarvs ar great for solo nw whoring in gen, if u plan to never war. Just gt make sure u never give anyone option to ns u (never go unfriendly)

It should be noted that not only were dwarves weak last age, but they got even worse relative to other races this age. Everyone else got a boost.

Humans - sci got better, so humans did too
    DE - 5/6 drow
    Orc - better sci, better warrior
    Gnome - 50% thievery instead of 40%
    Elf - 30% spells, better warrior
    Dwarf - ...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaIsGay View Post
    lead pipe, i actually started this ge as a pure attacker though our kingdom was short a few mystics so i changed. i've been every race and i think dwarf is themost fun and best to play.
    IMO, there's no such thing as a kd being short on magery. Even Zero a/m's is ok :P
    as a dwarf/merch. you only can fireball, but 1 province cannot fireball enough to make the tactic worthwhile, so again, i'd suggest you focus on being a uber strong attacker, maybe focus on uber income too.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by simon311A View Post
    It should be noted that not only were dwarves weak last age, but they got even worse relative to other races this age. Everyone else got a boost.

Humans - sci got better, so humans did too
    DE - 5/6 drow
    Orc - better sci, better warrior
    Gnome - 50% thievery instead of 40%
    Elf - 30% spells, better warrior
    Dwarf - ...
    no offense, science itself didnt get better, just a bit cheaper...
    and using your logic, every race gets better with better warrior, so therefore dwarf gets better =)
    honestly, with science as it is, the +25% BE, the +15% pop & +30% gains bonus's are pretty damn big! its pretty hard to match those bonus's with science...
    the +50% theivery and whatever the DE one is, can be matched with relative ease compared to the dwarf, gnome and orc bonus's are the hardest to match,

Quote Originally Posted by _greenie View Post
    no offense, science itself didnt get better, just a bit cheaper...
    and using your logic, every race gets better with better warrior, so therefore dwarf gets better =)
    honestly, with science as it is, the +25% BE, the +15% pop & +30% gains bonus's are pretty damn big! its pretty hard to match those bonus's with science...
    the +50% theivery and whatever the DE one is, can be matched with relative ease compared to the dwarf, gnome and orc bonus's are the hardest to match,
    Science getting cheaper makes it better.
    And warrior works best with orcs and elves, so yes, a boost to warrior favors those races.

As for matching bonuses.. cause gnomes can't have crime, and DEs can't have channeling, right?

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by simon311A View Post
    Science getting cheaper makes it better.
    And warrior works best with orcs and elves, so yes, a boost to warrior favors those races.

As for matching bonuses.. cause gnomes can't have crime, and DEs can't have channeling, right?
    1) just cause its cheaper doesnt make it as a whole better, it just makes it easier to get, which isnt the same thing =)
    if people give diamonds away for free, does that make them better?

2) why doesnt it make dwarf better? doesnt it make them better, as other players get fogged, which is auto +3 hours, not affected by warrior?

3) thats not what i meant....
    when the gnome's theivery bonus is ~70bpa (non-human) and DE is ~25bpa
    compare this to orc's ~600, dwarf's ~650 and gnome's pop ~550 bpa
    humans income is ~450

Veteran
    _greenie any boost to science is a racial boost for humans. If we can all buy more books, the humans extra books are 25% stronger than non-human.

simon311A is right that dwarfs are the weakest race. The biggest problem with dwarf is that almost all the land they save with BE bonus must go towards watchtowers. Another is the cost of their elites is horrible, given the cost/nw/benefit of elites, they are the worst in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lead Pipe View Post
    _greenie any boost to science is a racial boost for humans. If we can all buy more books, the humans extra books are 25% stronger than non-human.

simon311A is right that dwarfs are the weakest race. The biggest problem with dwarf is that almost all the land they save with BE bonus must go towards watchtowers. Another is the cost of their elites is horrible, given the cost/nw/benefit of elites, they are the worst in the game.
    having played dwarf on genesis, I'd have to agree with Lead_Pipe. As it is, to run a decent tpa/wpa and having to still fit in 15 - 20% WT gives me crap all income if i want a sufficient military that dies off quickly anyway even with my 15% hospies.

... I still don't like humans though. -_-

Anyway, you can all be blind to how bad they are, but I find it better to realize/acknowledge it, and push for change.

Post Fiend
    ok good luck with that, that has nothing to do with this thread.

Thread Information