Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playing an Orc Warrior

Your build blows, and you have too many offensive dudes.
    Get more elites in, go all-elite and use anonymity, or don't bother at all.

Orc/rogue is badass, despite what people may claim.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Fiend
    ^^ your dpa... is veryy bad.. though

anyways a decent waring build imo.. if your going heavy attacker

15% homes
    8% farms
    10 % banks
    15% TG
    10% Forts
    15% hospotals
    15% TG
    10% fort
    15% hospitals
    10% racks
    10% banks
    10% guilds
    5% towers
    5% stabes
    2% dungeons

if you need to pump elites drop your TG/Racks/hospitals and build banks/arms. when pumping make good use of your 12/20 hour bonses and you should be fine.

^^^ that would be a sweet strat, except for the part where it equals 155%....

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by toast View Post
    ^^ your dpa... is veryy bad.. though

anyways a decent waring build imo.. if your going heavy attacker

15% homes
    8% farms
    10 % banks
    15% TG
    10% Forts
    15% hospotals
    15% TG
    10% fort
    15% hospitals
    10% racks
    10% banks
    10% guilds
    5% towers
    5% stabes
    2% dungeons

if you need to pump elites drop your TG/Racks/hospitals and build banks/arms. when pumping make good use of your 12/20 hour bonses and you should be fine.
    LMAO!
    have you gone to the vines utopia where you can run 155% of land?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDudeAbides View Post
    Ignore that noob. ^^
    lol who u calling noob my kd is one of the best, and my province is the best in the kingdom despite my lack of elites

Post Fiend
    You guys can critisize my province all you want but the fact is that no1 can take it down because the only op that hurts me is fireball but that brings my nw/acre lower so i can do more damage.

Plus you can't take my land cuz i have GS and if you try to attack me you'll get plague

edit. plus gnomes cant hurt me since im rogue
    and i dont need warrior persona or anonymity cuz I use spec offense
    Last edited by agesdg; 13-09-2008 at 05:37.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by agesdg View Post
    Here's my province, I have no problem with money. Although I'm sure people will critisize my lack of elites and the Rogue personality to go with it. I am however extremely happy I chose Orc this age:

Ruler Name: Queen Gabbana et Dolce the Rogue
    Personality & Race: The Rogue, Orc
    Land: 718 Acres
    Money: 155,134gc (15,357gc daily income)
    Food: 102,718 bushels
    Runes: 36,179 runes
    Population: 19,151 citizens (26.67 per Acre)
    Peasants: 6,205 (90% Building Efficiency)
    Trade Balance: -375,999gc (0% tax rate)

ME+Stance (no spells): 125.59% off. / 120% def.
    Soldiers: 31 (63.6% estimated draft rate)
    Goblins: 3,688 (23,159 offense)
    Trolls: 3,078 (18,467 defense)
    Ogres: 3,029 (30,434 offense / 7,269 defense)
    War-Horses: 300 (up to 377 additional offense)
    Prisoners: 100 (377 offense)

Total Modified Offense: 54,386 (75.75 per Acre)
    Practical (100% elites): 54,386 (75.75 per Acre)
    Total Modified Defense: 25,774 (35.90 per Acre)
    Practical (0% elites): 18,505 (25.77 per Acre)

Thieves: 2,363 (3.29 per Acre / 100% Stealth)
    Wizards: 757 (1.05 per Acre / 58% Mana)

1. Homes: 82 (11.4%) + 5 in progress (+0.7%)
    2. Farms: 63 (8.8%)
    3. Banks: 56 (7.8%)
    4. Training Grounds: 96 (13.4%)
    5. Barracks: 60 (8.4%)
    6. Forts: 35 (4.9%)
    7. Guard Stations: 87 (12.1%)
    8. Hospitals: 61 (8.5%)
    9. Guilds: 64 (8.9%)
    10. Towers: 16 (2.2%)
    11. Thieves' Dens: 73 (10.2%)
    12. Schools: 5 (0.7%)
    13. Stables: 5 (0.7%)
    14. Dungeons: 10 (1.4%)
    oooh look at the pretty rainbow!
    You guys can critisize my province all you want but the fact is that no1 can take it down because the only op that hurts me is fireball but that brings my nw/acre lower so i can do more damage.

Plus you can't take my land cuz i have GS and if you try to attack me you'll get plague

edit. plus gnomes cant hurt me since im rogue
    and i dont need warrior persona or anonymity cuz I use spec offense
    we can take your land cause we can easily DT you once your army is out, which easily nullifies the affect of the GS, and means we can hit you 2x to your 1x, and plague is easily fixed by running hosps which most people do
    and cause you use anon and not many rax, people can easily double tap you twice before your army gets home!
    gnomes can hurt you, rogue has nothing to do with it... its your mod tpa that matters
    and warrior is more about the -20% attack time than ambush protection

so congrats, you've made a slow ass orc attacker thats got some theif protection =)

Yeah, too rainbowish to be good, agesdg. And being rogue does not provide any more thief defense than any other personality.

Back on topic.

Warrior really does not need raxs if you are at most going to attack twice per day in war. And yes, you should go all elite for offense. There are four basic reasons for provinces to hit a wall and not be able to grow.

1. Bad race/personality choice (only two in the game right now human mystic and dwarf rogue
    2. Bad building strat
    3. Bad population split
    4. Lack of sciences (only a minor thing at this time)

The above leaves only two possibilities. Two and three are often intertwined. A big newbie trap is to have too many soldiers and not enough gc. As a consequence of that, you are net worth inefficient and easy prey for others. You have too many econ buildings and no military buildings. You should never have more than 1k soldiers untrained except 24 hours before protection ends. If you have too many soldiers, put them back into peasantry and lower draft until you have all soldiers trained. Raise draft slowly so as not to get overloaded with soldiers. Even as an orc draft type should be on reservist.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Post Fiend
    greenie>
    Having a rainbow strat makes my buildings work my effectively and increases it
    Well Just as you can DT me, I will be able to DT you the same in war. Plus a couple other provinces in my kd can do the same so if u r the chain target then big uh-oh. Don't forget I have +10% Monarch bonus in war

Dolgil>
    Yes i know rogue doesnt have nething to do with thievery defense but i have 50% thief sci so it is the same as being a gnome. I just didn't post my sci page

I think you're right about the orc draft rate though since money was his main concern was that he didnt have enoguh money.

killswitch might not have enough money to train all his troops all the time because he's on normal drafting, when it should be reservist like everybody else.

Sir Postalot
    greenie>
    Having a rainbow strat makes my buildings work my effectively and increases it
    Well Just as you can DT me, I will be able to DT you the same in war. Plus a couple other provinces in my kd can do the same so if u r the chain target then big uh-oh. Don't forget I have +10% Monarch bonus in war
    even with monarch bonus, you have ~30 dpa at home (am assuming some elites stay @ home)
    thats very very easy to double tap, and as long as a i leave >45 dpa @ home, you cant DT me back =)
    and saying other provs can DT me is pointless, this is about your prov, not theirs

Post Fiend
    Ok fine talking about my province has got me thinking and conceding, that it isn't that good after all..

But I've been looking for war for 10 days now and make about 2 attacks a day. So a portion of my elites have turned into offensive specs, plus I was meteored a lot of times.

My province performs decently for me though. I recently just waved one of the top 5 honour kds in the world, they were lookin for war too, but decided that they wanted a ceasefire from us instead

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
    I can't seem to figure out how to prosper as an Orc Warrior. I'm always short on money, so I don't have enough money to keep my army very strong. I've had very little luck finding targets to plunder, and I usually lose more money in troops than I steal. Does anyone have tips on how to play well as an Orc?
    You are short on money because have most of your jobs unfilled. You have most of your jobs unfilled because you are running high draft rate. You can't filled a good looting target because of of the people playing the game are also running draft rates thus in the same boat. My tip is lower your draft rate and add 20% homes. This will help your BE and you will have a stronger econ and you will make more money. You military will still be as strong as it is now.

So by lowering her draft, and wasting 20% acres on homes, she'd somehow retain her army, all needed buildings, and her economy would boom?
    ¨
    Oh, okay, vines.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

20% Homes
    10% Farms
    10% Guilds
    03% Towers
    10% Banks
    15% Training Grounds
    15% Hospitals
    15% Guard Stations or Watch Towers
    2% Dungeons

35 dpa (suicide strat) or 55 dpa (safe strat)
    2 tpa
    61% draft full elites.

Yep it would be hard time to train the elites. Note that orc warriors are bad against long hostile/war with ms keep striking. But you are good to make any hits, whatever plunder, tm.. even to 150% bigger than you. just aware from enemies that use ambush.. because it will kill a lots of elites.. can use anon or half offspecs.

Regular
    I would use something like this:

10 farms
    10 guilds
    27 banks
    10 guilds
    5 towers
    17 training grounds
    1 dungeons

20% something else (Gs, forts, stables, homes, WT's).

Over 2k acres and full elite army i would change 10% banks to GS.

Thread Information