Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with your kingdom mates?

And that, vines, is why your kingdom is stuck in the ghetto.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    What do you mean by deal with them? I do not see me dealing with any of my kingdmates. I'm not dealing with them. I'm with them a 100%. I don't tell people how to play. I post my stats in pimp and if any wants to study my strategy, okay then. I always try to make retells. And it war I give it my all. Give aid when people need it. That's just the way it is being in a kingdom and I like it. Team work that's what this game of our is all about. Team work is about unspoken understanding among everyone in the kingdom.
    vines, that is probably the best post you've made here. It does take work to get there. It does make for a lot easier monarching when people actually understand things rather than to run 25 provinces. Of course, there are some people that like being dogmatic about things, are perfectionist, and blowhard know-it-alls.

I won't mention names, though. (points to previous post)
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Agree, most sane post he he's made.

One thing i would like to comment on, thought, is the part about teamwork being unspoken understanding. In my opinion, that is very much not necessary, teamwork simply is the ability to work as a team, doesnt matter how.

Veteran
    To foster a strong kingdom i think you need to try to make sure everyone in the kingdom is getting something out of it. You cant have 25 chiefs, typically a few ppl are heavily involved in kd decisions and a few more are involved but not as much. That encompases about 1/3 of the kingdom, the other 2/3rd you have to make sure they are not feeling like they are just button pushers. So you have to get to know them and create a atmosphere where they are enjoying the time spent. It may be people who like to talk about their RL, or play other games on the side, or make irc scripts, banners, or chat in forums. I think as long as they are not harming the kd, those activities should be encouraged so that the players get more out of their utopian experience. There are some ppl, often retired monarchs, who are satisfied with just logging in and following orders, these are great kd-mates, cuz then you dont' need to worry providing them with further incentive, but these ppl are rare.

I think the best leaders are those whom can inspire others to push themselves further then they would on their own. Its not fun waking up after 3 hours of sleep to attack, but if you've developed enough loyalty your kingdommates will do it.

ps i love edit... can was changed to cant ;)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurlin View Post
    I currently have Swedes, Americans, Australians, Europeans, Russians, Philipinoes ....... had a dood from India & New Zealand.
    I've had the usual suspects from Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand ............ I've played with people from everywhere .......... IE South Africa, Mexico, South America, Japan ..... even had some one from Switzerland play with us once.

And English is the universal language and I haven't ever had an issue speaking with people from around the world what ever the time difference was.
    Have you really spoken with them or did you use your KD forum? The KD forum is the only way I communicate in my KD.

Have you really spoken with them or did you use your KD forum? The KD forum is the only way I communicate in my KD.
    As for myself: irc, sms, phonecall, ventrillo voice chat, msn, ym, in game msgs, in game forum, independent forum...

Lead Pipe, you make a wise post =) . I guess yeah, I have missed out some incentives.. Duh.. monarching a kd with goal to be warring SK took hell of time.. I should purchase another cellphone for anywhere-access. =p

Quote Originally Posted by 010101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rosedragoness View Post
    As for myself: irc, sms, phonecall, ventrillo voice chat, msn, ym, in game msgs, in game forum, independent forum..
    Same as Rose ... except I don't do YM its way too crap.
    IMPERIALS KLA

Asians use YM more than MSN. ;)
    Me? I love trillian..

Well, I'm hardly have something to be discussed with ppl at chat except for IT news or game I play. So if I'm not playing games, usually I don't open any chat program. =p

ahh see its more movie/tv show torrents is the main discussion with us.

and I noticed that asian use YM more ...... was just too backdoor friendly for my liking when it was first released so never went near it.
    IMPERIALS KLA

Post Fiend
    If my monarch ever tried to call me I would consider that an invasion of my privacy.

Sir Postalot
    If my monarch ever tried to call me I would consider that an invasion of my privacy.
    if my monarch called me i would be cranky...
    if my sub-monarch called me, i wouldnt be =)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    rose - I use trillian too =].

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by rosedragoness View Post
    A good strategy is nothing without people willingness to login and execute them. Thus, internal management is the core matter for any monarch.

How did you manage your kingdom mates?

As myself, I'm aggressive. I bite those who aren't doing what I ask, into extend that I might exaggerate. But I think I'm not cheap in giving hugs to praises when they doing good. I'm also don't care about my phone credit nor theirs sleeptime, I sms them in middle of night just to remind them to attack. Hmm what else.. oh ya I love to flirt them. =p
    Its very easy, just raze down all those who wont listen and be real friendly to those who will =)

Have you taken over the mantle of dumbest utopian on these forums ?

Your trying damn hard.

If .... now read slowly ...... if your monarch called you where would they have gotten your phone number from .................. your mom ?
    IMPERIALS KLA

I once tracked down a player's mom's phone number. He wasn't responding to calls.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Thread Information